Sign in to follow this  
Blurbs

Can this PC run dayz on high settings?

Yes that'll run Arma II and therefor DayZ on high settings. Alienware is a total ripoff though, I spec'd up a PC from that range and then got the parts & built it myself for almost half the cost.

Still, if you have money to throw at Dell then by all means do it :)

So the video card won't be a problem? I know it's not worth the money, but money isn't an issue for my friend.

No its not !!!!! my bad thought it was 256bit mem its 128 :(

Just dont expect medium settings ! :P

I have edited it after more research!!! Bad computer for price very bad!!! >:(

Edited by Itchy

Overclock it you get 4Ghz + out of it! :D

overclock the gpu to 4ghz?

Call the fire department

I never buy anything on BestBuy, they are such rip-offs. I usually buy stuff from NewEgg

So half say yes and half say no...I'm just trying to find him a computer that can run it on high without hiccups. He doesn't want to build one or order one online (dont ask), so that leaves store pick up and ship to store. Any suggestions then? He wants to stay un.der like $1200

So I'm helping a friend buy a computer for this game (he does not want to build one or order one). Will this pc be able to run dayz on high settings? I know the video card might be an issue so thats why I'm asking. Here is the pc:

http://m.bestbuy.com...d=1218535466777

He's dumb, smash his head with a brick until he agrees to building one, that one will struggle to run Arma 2 on low.

Building a PC is incredibly easy and will yield infinitely better results than buying one at bestbuy. Specially an Alienware, which is immensely overpriced.

A forum I frequent has a great section on PC building. Give them your budget, needs and location and they'll give you the parts you need from the cheapest stores.

http://facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=243

So half say yes and half say no...I'm just trying to find him a computer that can run it on high without hiccups. He doesn't want to build one or order one online (dont ask), so that leaves store pick up and ship to store. Any suggestions then? He wants to stay un.der like $1200

You can probably look around your town for a hardware retailer and buy your parts there. Building a PC is quite easy, I could compare it to Lego with expensive pieces.

We have a local store that builds computers for you, I'll just get him to go there. One more question, what is a reasonably priced card to run this game if he gets an i7?

We have a local store that builds computers for you, I'll just get him to go there. One more question, what is a reasonably priced card to run this game if he gets an i7?

He shouldn't get an i7, it's overkill, and an Ivy Bridge i5 would be better for gaming. All those cores go unused unless he's rendering in 3DS Max or does advanced video editing for a living.

Again, ask in that section I gave you, tell them the name of the place you mention and his budget. A friend of mine maxes out DayZ on a 550ti, but there might be a better card for slightly more, I don't have all the answers.