#1241 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationStraya

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I've never had the zombie not moving problems. Mine are acting fine as usual.

#1242 Gallagher

Gallagher

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

I've never had the zombie not moving problems. Mine are acting fine as usual.

We had this problem now several times. :)

#1243 Klemingway

Klemingway

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Zombies are somewhat bugged. The vision system works most of the time if you just keep out of their line of sight ie behind them. Maybe just little bit tweaking on their vision then are perfect. The problem I have with them is their spawning and hearing.

Zombies keep spawning way too close to player and it breaks the immersion when the zombies clearly come out nowhere. Also on deer stands they spawn under the stand and are trapped there effectively until killed.

Also the zombies are deaf. You can basicly shoot as much as you want with AKM or Enfield and you won't be pulling any zombies to your directoin, unlike previously just one Enfield shot would attract half of the servers zombie population to your location.

These facts combined don't motivate me to sneak around in towns anymore. Especially the hearing thing. It doesn't matter how much noise you make so you might as well crouch walk where every you want and if one zombie happens to notice your presence then couple of fast sprints trough few buildings and you are on the clear again.

So basicly zombies are now just a nuicanse more than a real threat.

Anyway back down to earth. If there were a mechanic which allowed holding up someone then I'd be fine with that, until there is ALT F4 and enjoy seeing me sink away.
I don't see killing people for no reason as a necessity in this game, and no, in a real life situation people would NOT shoot everyone left right and center, if that were the mentatility the human race would have never got out of the trees let alone made it to caves.
Weird thing is i'm getting chomped out for being a considerate player not trying to ruin someone elses fun by killing them for no reason So whilst you stamp your feet moaning that you can't dance on the grave of someone maybe consider that you have just ruined someones enjoyment, that I think is far worse than being able to take a can of beans.
I hardly see how this can ruin YOUR fun anyway near as much as killing someone who has invested hours upon hours of time into a character to die to some "should be playing call of duty" inconsiderate little shit.

I see your point and it is that you are attached to your gear. In my oppinion gear is ment to be lost. And you lose it by being stupid. Everytime I have lost my gear I could have easily avoided it just by thinking "Maybe I should wait just few more moments to see if that building actually is empty", "Maybe running trough that open field isn't such a good idea.", "Maybe I should make sure that dead guy actaully is a loner and not a part of a team." and so on. And you propably guessed that lowering my guard has cost me my gear more times I want to admit and I know it pisses off to lose all your hard earned gear but maybe next time you know that climbing on the highest point on the map just to enjoy the scenery isn't the best idea.

Anyway, cheating death by disconnecting should be fixed since it is clearly an exploit. Also I almost got myself killed last night because of a guy who kept using it.

STORY TIME!
Me and my friend were on a hill over watching Elektro to make sure it is safe for us to go in and loot it, when we spot this guy running to the fire station at the edge of the city. He climbed the ladders to the top of fire station tower and we noticed he was armed with a sniper rifle. Because of his armament and position we thought that he most likely isn't hunting for cows or zombies and decided that we must take him down. In one clean shot my friend shoots him in the head from 700 m with a DRM and we see him go down only to notice few minutes later that he is back there with his gear and rifle, scoping the hillside where we were. We fire a second shot right into his forehead, but this time we also look at the player list and notice he was gone. I started to approach the city while my sniper was covering my back. When I am almost at the fire station, the guy joins the server, spawns, stands up, shoots me once before my sniper shoots him for the 3rd time in the head. Again he alt f4 out, but now I am pinned down at the edge of the city with ~4500 blood and bleeding. He didn't come back to the same server anymore, but that didn't help since the shooting had attracted attention of an other sniper who started taking shots at me few moments later, but that is a story for another time.

If I had been killed by that alt f4 guy I would have propably been more angry to myself than to the coward that was on top of that fire station, since when I made the decision to approach the station I knew I would most likely be killed on my way there.
/STORY

If your precious gear is so important to you, maybe you should just stop taking dumb risks and learn how to keep quiet, stay out of sight, not attract unwanted attention and watch your back. Running trough an open field into a city with guns blazing is the most effective way of getting shot by a bandit or a murderer.

Or maybe I just don't understand the consept of getting attached to your gear well enough, since I've played so many games with permadeath or losing stuff when you die. In my oppinion that is part of the excitement in DayZ! Taking a wrong route, taking one wrong step, looking into wrong direction, trusting the wrong person or just by being at the wrong place at the wrong time can cost you EVERYTHING. Atleast for me it gets the adrenaline pumping and that is the reason why I keep playing DayZ.

TL;DR, Alt + F4 = Cheating

A 20 second abort wait could help with serverhopping/deathdodging.

This one guy made whole new topic about this and I bet this isn't the first time this idea has been tossed around, but anyway I approve this message and I consider it worth mentioning here.

EDIT: I forgot to say one thing that is sort of relevant both to the zombie matter and PvP. In my oppinion the zombies should be enough of a threat that it makes you think twice "Does that guy really have good enough loot on him to make it worth while to risk everything I have" before making the decision between pulling the trigger or just walking away.

The zombies definetly need to be dangered up a lot.

Edited by Klemingway, 20 July 2012 - 11:56 AM.

• johnyflash and Bahehohe gave their beans
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

#1244 Mr Muggles

Mr Muggles

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

New update next week by the sounds of it from ROcket :)

#1245 RastaKoueR

RastaKoueR

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

New update next week by the sounds of it from ROcket :)

Source?

#1246 Hombre

Hombre

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • LocationCzech republic

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Definitely looking forward to next update since Zeds are pretty broken now (with few exceptions).

5luVhid.jpg

#1247 Fenrig

Fenrig

Friendly Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just updated to 95168, and now i can't join my previous 95099 and 94876 servers. Anyone experiencing this too? Damn. Not a backwards compatible patch?

Current gear

L85A2 AWS x M107 x M9SD x GPS x Coyote Backpack x NVG x Rangefinder

Waiting for someone to fix the tents...

#1248 EpeeNoire

EpeeNoire

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Just updated to 95168, and now i can't join my previous 95099 and 94876 servers. Anyone experiencing this too? Damn. Not a backwards compatible patch?

95168 is a 1.62 beta patch, so it's no more compatible with the 1.60 and 1.61 ones.
  • Fenrig gave their beans

#1249 Fenrig

Fenrig

Friendly Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

95168 is a 1.62 beta patch, so it's no more compatible with the 1.60 and 1.61 ones.

Oh i see. Thanks for the info i'll wait for my servers to update then.

Current gear

#1250 Reaps

Reaps

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

STORY TIME!
Me and my friend were on a hill over watching Elektro to make sure it is safe for us to go in and loot it, when we spot this guy running to the fire station at the edge of the city. He climbed the ladders to the top of fire station tower and we noticed he was armed with a sniper rifle. Because of his armament and position we thought that he most likely isn't hunting for cows or zombies and decided that we must take him down. In one clean shot my friend shoots him in the head from 700 m with a DRM and we see him go down only to notice few minutes later that he is back there with his gear and rifle, scoping the hillside where we were. We fire a second shot right into his forehead, but this time we also look at the player list and notice he was gone. I started to approach the city while my sniper was covering my back. When I am almost at the fire station, the guy joins the server, spawns, stands up, shoots me once before my sniper shoots him for the 3rd time in the head. Again he alt f4 out, but now I am pinned down at the edge of the city with ~4500 blood and bleeding. He didn't come back to the same server anymore, but that didn't help since the shooting had attracted attention of an other sniper who started taking shots at me few moments later, but that is a story for another time.

If I had been killed by that alt f4 guy I would have propably been more angry to myself than to the coward that was on top of that fire station, since when I made the decision to approach the station I knew I would most likely be killed on my way there.
/STORY

Cool story bro! But this is NOT what ALT-F4 does. If you die, you die. ALT-F4 only saves the ones that didn't get the clean headshot. This is however a known exploit that is being dealt with (i'm assured) by the dev team. I won't go into details but the exploit lets you die but not lose your position and/or gear.

Source?

I just got done watching the interview rocket done with FPSGuru (Check the news page for links) and he stated in there what he's been working on as well as a lot of other pretty cool things. Well worth a watch. This is where the possible update news came from. Rocket did NOT state when, just that it's ready for closed testing, and there's no new features.
  • RastaKoueR gave their beans

http://dayzmod.com/f...86734#pid186734 - PVP changes / Stoping the Disconnects!

#1251 Klemingway

Klemingway

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Cool story bro! But this is NOT what ALT-F4 does. If you die, you die. ALT-F4 only saves the ones that didn't get the clean headshot. This is however a known exploit that is being dealt with (i'm assured) by the dev team. I won't go into details but the exploit lets you die but not lose your position and/or gear.

I saw the red splash on his head when we hit him and he did the falling down animation, but we didn't see clearly what his body was doing since the towers edges are little bit higher than a body, but even if he would have just fallen unconscious there is no way he would have been able to get back on his feet that quickly. It was litteraly out and right back in. Anyway, feel free to disregard my posts about ALT+F4 issue, just throwing my oppinions into the mix...

Although, this was first time I actually witnessed this outrageous alt f4/disconnect exploiting.

And yes I know it is know and I truely hope they get rid of it at some point because it servers no purpose to anyone who just wants a fair game.

Edited by Klemingway, 20 July 2012 - 01:55 PM.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

#1252 rocket

rocket

Bean King

• DayZ Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

POPULAR

Working on 1.7.2.4

Includes a first cast attempt at fixing ALT-F4.

Will put up a Pending Update thread when I have an eta for release
  • Moldypotato, DarkLiberator, iexus and 60 others gave their beans
>rocket in charge of not being retarded

#1253 Qla

Qla

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Outstanding. Can't wait to see how it's done.

#1254 Goosey

Goosey

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Turk just get banned already, You're using an exploit that's not intended to be in the game as detailed by rocket. Yes I am slightly but-hurt about your disregard for playing the game as it should be played because you and so many others are lessening my game experience. Also I detailed a very obvious reality you seem completely unaware of: other players in general are a threat unless you know them IRL ... fact. If you're geared you're a target ... fact. The game is sandbox survival ... fact. do the math work it out.
On a completely unrelated note how does my use of vocabulary imply that I'm a kid ? Your blatant abuse of an exploit just makes me think you are an adolescent.

#1255 slboris

slboris

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Working on 1.7.2.4

Sweet Rocket , cant wait . having a blast every single patch . My only issues right now are hackers , every single server i run into invisible people
shooting up entire teams , crazy weapons and mass wipes i know its been brought up before like a 1000000 times but that and alt-f4 are a big big issue for me right now
more so then the bugs .
  • Kingstoned gave their beans

#1256 Hombre

Hombre

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • LocationCzech republic

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Now I'm even more thrilled for 1.7.2.4, horaay

5luVhid.jpg

#1257 RastaKoueR

RastaKoueR

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Rocket, sorry but it is only to be sure:

When you say the "ALT-F4 issue", does it involve the "Danger close = Press ESC + Disconnect" issue too?

That would be great but im not really expecting you to answer "yes", for it seems to be more troublesome to fix that.
Maybe i'm wrong though?

Edited by RastaKoueR, 20 July 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#1258 Booker

Booker

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Working on 1.7.2.4

Anything other interesting things coming in this patch?

Posted Image
Keep it real.

#1259 Fenrig

Fenrig

Friendly Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Rocket, sorry but it is only to be sure:

When you say the "ALT-F4 issue", does it involve the "Danger close = Press ESC + Disconnect" issue too?

That would be great but im not really expecting you to answer "yes", for it seems to be more troublesome to fix that.
Maybe i'm wrong though?

That's what i want to know, if it will work only with ALT-F4 or with Esc-Abort too.
It's probably going to work on both ways, i guess.

Current gear

#1260 -Cdn-Chard

-Cdn-Chard

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Working on 1.7.2.4

Rocket, I'm very glad to hear that you're taking on the DC'ing issue in the next release (or next couple with fine-tuning), however if part of the solution involves actively punishing a player (eg..Alt-F4 while wounded = instant death) it would be very helpful if the release notes included explicit details around how that punishment is implemented and what the exact parameters are. Not only would help us in our testing, but it would given everybody due warning.

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work...
  • HulkingUnicorn gave their beans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: release