rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

Polls do not allow me to troll for the delicious tears needed to continue development.

Haha ok.

Well then go for what the other dude said. Trust your own intuition. Remove and add what you like its your mod your idea. And if you do get a shitload of bad feedback. Then consider rolling it back.

You already increased the ArmA 2 sales by 500%. So you must be doing something right. :P

No pressure there hehehe.

All i expect from this game is more items to be added and more features.

The core of the game in my honest opinion is perfect right now. With about 600-700ish zombies spawning. Noticable difference between Evil bandits and Survivors. Though everyone for themselves does sound tempting to. Just a complete all out deathmatch war for beans and ammo. And the shitloads of braindead zombies trying to claw your brains out and eat them.

Can we preview the skins? How many will there be?

**waits for the Village People to cross my line of fire**

I completely condone this change.

Bandit skins just don't seem to matter at all. I'm not against the system, I'm against the implementation of it. It needs to be re-worked so it works better. Right now I know that any survivor will shoot me if I have better loot than them, or if they happen to be in dire need of supplies and I'm not willing to share. Because there's nothing to stop them from not doing it. They go bandit and so what? It doesn't change anything.

Right now I just shoot anyone I see as a threat, bandit or not.

I am very nervous about this change. But the bandit system is NOT working. And fuck it' date=' let's change it and see what happens? If it is more stupid, then I will roll it back. No harm, no foul. Lets do all the stupid shit now, before this gets too serious.

What do you guys say? With me on this? I mean honestly I don't know how this is going to go but the existing system is pretty shit.

[/quote']

Always disliked not being able to try stuff like this, producers never wanted to lose the user base if it didn't go well. I envy you ;)

I am curious though, will players have a freebie in the form of a reset later or is humanity going to stay persistent?

I completely condone this change.

Bandit skins just don't seem to matter at all. I'm not against the system' date=' I'm against the implementation of it. It needs to be re-worked so it works better. Right now I know that any survivor will shoot me if I have better loot than them, or if they happen to be in dire need of supplies and I'm not willing to share. Because there's nothing to stop them from not doing it. They go bandit and so what? It doesn't change anything.

Right now I just shoot anyone I see as a threat, bandit or not.

[/quote']

They can't shoot you if they can't see you. I think that's the point of the game. You're supposed to think before going somewhere, always trying to be invisible.

I'm a simple man I know, but just drop the forced skin idea. People's actions define if they are god or bad, not what they wear. Let people wear the clothes they want, and act as they see fit!

@Guitarxe, Well that's just you. I have seen survivors trust other people, and even if they are betrayed in the end, that does not stop them helping other people out, however a change like this will change that. Since its already hard to trust other users but the ones you know in real life, this will make it even harder to the point of impossible. Kill everyone you see will be the new way to play the game. Of course we don't really know whats going to happen, but its only logical given the circumstances. While I support being able to switch skins, I just don't like the fact that if there is no sign someone is a bandit, the change only helps bandits, not survivors so its unbalanced.

Changes are good Rocket, and as some users have pointed out, you will do as you want. But thinking critically about the changes only helps the situation, not the other way around. You have grown a fan base now, sales are up. You can easily piss off thousands of players. Mainstream or not, its your call, you decide whats better.

And +1 on the skin amount and previews :P

this is how it USE to be, for all you new guys....not knowing if he was going to kill you or not was half the battle of coming into conact with other people..the dynamic worked well. I played through the bandit skin transition. Im glad its dissapearing, and going back to the way it use to be. obtainable skins is going to be awesome.

My question will be, do you keep whatever skin you currently are... so current bandits would keep their bandit skin as a legacy, and have to find another in order to blend in

Start polls on what people like. And pick the best stuff out of it.

Rocket' date=' please, you gotta promise us:

NEVER do this.

[/quote']

Any why the fuck not? Maybe not just picking "the best stuff" right away, but why not having these kind of polls?

I like it, go for it.

You should know the people you group up with. That´s the best life insurance.

The humanity system is great, the skins are passable. A survivor can kill you just as fast as a bandit. And removing the bandit skin adds another layer of tension when encountering strangers.

But i think we need to have something as a benefit for keeping yor humanity up. Perhaps a lower humanity means your zombie aggro range goes up? Like the zombies can smell your evil or something..

Rocket I understand what you're doing and tweaking around, but I hope you understand how much this kills the very thing that made DayZ popular. I almost wonder if you're doing this on purpose to lighten some of the central DB server load... culling the community so to speak.

The charm of DayZ is not that it's a zombie game. It's not that there is a huge world. It's that every time you play, and especially every time you interacted with players you did not know, you left with a story. There would be a story of some shady betrayal, or working together to accomplish something, or uneasy tension... that is all gone now, because the moment anyone sees another survivor, they will shoot first and never ask questions later.

Exploring the game world will still be interesting and cool, but the gigantic game world is almost a little bit pointless. The game might as well just be played in Chern since removing a penalty for murder (even a negligible one like bandit skins, IMO) means this is now just a FFA DM.

The amazing, unparalleled suspense and tension between you and a player you do not know is dead now, because no one will ever get close enough to each other to have that unique interaction. The videos and posts telling stories will be replaced by frag videos. This is basically a hardcore version of Battlefield now with zombies and a hunger system, until at least, you utilize the humanity system again.

An oversight this large seems sadistically deliberate... and while it is cool that you have the option to do that to your game, it kills the very thing that makes the game SO UNIQUE.

But i think we need to have something as a benefit for keeping yor humanity up. Perhaps a lower humanity means your zombie aggro range goes up? Like the zombies can smell your evil or something..

Yeah good idea. Or some kind of passport, which shows your current humanity level.

If sb. asks you to show your passport, he/she knows what kind of Survivor you are.

Im not to fond of this idea, have to wait and see how it goes.

that is all gone now' date=' because the moment anyone sees another survivor, they will shoot first and never ask questions later.

[/quote']

90% of everyone does this already. Partner up with irl friends, never trust randoms. This changes nothing besides removing a very, very broken mechanic that was causing a lot of bugs.

WORDS

This will make those stories more intense. Being able to trust someone won't be based on a skin, it will be based on what you would have in real life. Their word. Just because you are scared of the big bad bandits doesn't mean that you need to write a page about how this destroys the game. This makes the game into what it was meant to be, a truly sandbox game, where you had no idea what was around the next corner, or if that person looking at you on the next hill is going to shoot you, or shout out for help.

And as I said in another post. The current system doesn't even really work, because it's extremely easy to game the humanity system. Just get a buddy, shoot him, and transfuse him, boom humanity. This will allow players to decide whether they want to display their intentions (selectable bandit skins or whatever).

You guys are all so paranoid about other survivors.

it was the middle of the night and i had loooads of supplies and a half decent weapon and i ran into a barn with 5 guys with makarovs and like a tin of beans. we teamed up and didnt shoot eachother,

Ive been killed by survivors as many times as ive been killed by bandits, and anyone who says that bandits being removed will stop them trusting survivors..probably didnt trust survivors anyway.

The bandit system is too black or white. I just viewed bandits as people who can aim, so I am happy that it is being removed and the clothing system is being added, ever so exciting and refreshing

Fuck the bandit system indeed.

In real life people wouldnt be wearing a sign that says 'im not friendly and will most likely kill you' you need that question of, 'can I trust this guy?' and while one is wearing a bandit skin... Well the point is you can't trust any one regardless but sometimes I like to play friendly but can't due to my skin being a bandit =[

And plus it would be more fun (to me) to pull off some espionage shit while in a group and just be like fuck it, I can survive on my own *bang bang*

Fix zombie zig zag thanks!

• Like 1

Direct chat would need to be fixed...remove all text chat like you wanted to rocket, but make sure direct chat works. this would be good,

Good! That's actually a nice idea. The only thing i'm gonna miss about bandit suit is camo. I just feel more secure when I know that I do not stand out that much. But here's where findable skins step in. I hope bandit suit will be among them.

I am sure that people going on about being shot without question as a bandit talk from experience... But I myself encountered both bandits who would take down a horde that chases poor helpless survivor me and survivors who would offer help despite my bandit skin. Why am I telling this?

In this game happens fuck all! And that's why it's so appealing for some. That's what makes the experience so intense. Inability to distinct a scared survivor guy from a Cherno's new Hitler will only make it even more fun.

I also wish there was a ghillie suit out there. please-please-please rocket =) or an option to craft one...

Direct chat would need to be fixed...remove all text chat like you wanted to rocket' date=' but make sure direct chat works. this would be good,

[/quote']

This is an ARMA issue, the beta patch fixes this, there is nothing rocket can do about it besides yell at his fellow devs at BIS to fix it faster.