rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

The thing about survivors using it to cooperate. I could just go give a few blood transfusions (shoot a buddy in the leg, transfuse, repeat) and get my survivor skin back, and all you trusting carebears would let me walk right up because I have a "survivor" skin on. Be real guys, the skins don't tell you who is going to be nice, they just sometimes tell you who's going to be mean.

Humanity remains as a silent guardian' date=' watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature.

[/quote']

This is really funny. Finding your own skins is a legitimately cool feature.

I am very nervous about this change. But the bandit system is NOT working. And fuck it' date=' let's change it and see what happens? If it is more stupid, then I will roll it back. No harm, no foul. Lets do all the stupid shit now, before this gets too serious.

What do you guys say? With me on this? I mean honestly I don't know how this is going to go but the existing system is pretty shit.

[/quote']

I loved the old system, but I still want you to try everything. Seriously. Go fucking mental. Normally at this point in development, it would just be five guys with computers and pizza going 'Fuck it, what do you want to put in next?'

You shouldn't change that just because you've got a few thousand people watching you at your computer eating pizza.

• Like 2

I am very nervous about this change. But the bandit system is NOT working. And fuck it' date=' let's change it and see what happens? If it is more stupid, then I will roll it back. No harm, no foul. Lets do all the stupid shit now, before this gets too serious.

What do you guys say? With me on this? I mean honestly I don't know how this is going to go but the existing system is pretty shit.

[/quote']

You're completely right, alpha is the time to test these kinds of things.

You're the developer, as a player we trust your intuition, just wanted to voice my observations :).

If you think it's right go for it, and like you said you can always roll it back.

• Like 1

Start polls on what people like. And pick the best stuff out of it.

Rocket, please, you gotta promise us:

NEVER do this.

• Like 4

Skins to wear? Check, good news!

No more auto bandit skins? Check, good news!

Now we need something for that humanity system, which has potential!! I say give them the shakes!! :)

Polls do not allow me to troll for the delicious tears needed to continue development.

• Like 4

How about having different sets for both Bandits and Survivors.

You could not use a Survivor skin if you are a Bandit, for example.

This way you can implement having different skins and being able to

tell appart Bandits from Suvivors (as a player you will have to learn

which skin is for who, which could be fun).

If not, I will change the way I play by the "Shooting anyone on sight" policy. :) lulz!

Edit:

Here, have some delicious tears: i___i ... :< ... :C ... ;____;

And fuck it' date=' let's change it and see what happens?

[/quote']

That's the whole point of Alpha, no ;-) ?

Just following the forums even if not playing can be very fun, seeing how the ingame dynamics change with each version/added/deleted feature.

I just hope I don't loose my gear when the change goes live, but even if so, that's life...

Just thought of some ideas that could happen in the future with a skin system like this. Maybe different skins have different available primary/secondary item slots?

That would be pretty neat.

Not saying they'd have to be enormously different, but it'd add a bit of depth.

Oh, and they could possibly effect that temperature bar too. That would be interesting. :idea:

Rocket, dayz should stay to a zombie sim. IRL you would have no idea on who to trust, everyone who whines about not being able to tell friend from foe shouldn't be playing a game where society collapses and its up to you to do as you wish, and survive.

I really liked the Bandit skin, not because it makes it easier to ID mass playerkillers, but because good hearted survivors, could find themselves in a postion where they became involuntary bandits and would have to make an effort to be more humane.

However let's consider this an experiment, just like the zombie spawn buff, which turned out to be a refreshing boost of general unpleasantness and a hoot.

If player interaction is completely reduced to shooting eachother in the face and never trade or trust eachother, there might to room or reason for a tweek or rollback.

Let's play this out goddammit!:@ :D

While you try to figure out what or if humanity will be used for anything, change the wording in the debug monitor from "Humanity" to "Bean Rank".

Either that or add a counter that keeps track of how many cans of beans I've eaten.

Awesome! Can't wait to blend in with the rest again, how are the skins going to work? Finding a skin sounds horrific haha. And when will we see this upcoming change? In 1.5.8? And when are you hoping to release this patch?

I'm looking forward to it. Previously if you had a bandit skin EVERYONE would shot you on sight without any hesitation. What makes human encounters exciting is the uncertainty of their intentions, not a giant "shot me" skin that you can see from miles away.

This is good news, sort of a wild card I think, this will end in one of two results:

1. Players will shoot EVERYONE they meet on sight...

2. Players will be more inclined to team up, and less intimidated by what someone looks like

Obviously the initial greeting of 2 players will be as thin as ever, but this will give all those "self defense" bandits another shot.

So much for survivor co-operation... Everyone will be considered bandits now.

I agree. There might just need to be some defining aspect that tells the two apart in a subtle way. Just from the top of my head: Maybe the bandit skins the bandits have found are bloodier and dirtier slightly each time they kill someone - and persistant until they change skins again and then resume killing.

[/quote']

Fuck it indeed mate. I do like the concept of the humanity system and I do agree it currently isn't working as it should. On the plus side, like you say you can just rollback if the changes are even more shit anyway - no harm, no foul.

The idea of findable skins is great, I and many others will enjoy exploring that. I'm not sure if it is possible but the ability to add specific items to your body would make it more varied and personal - such as different gloves, hats, flak vests, pants, boots, shades, maybe even the addition of leg bags and ammo / utility belts. Shit you could even go as far as taking 'keep sakes' from peoples bodies that you kill and displaying them on your own - for 'bandits' of course, and then we have a VDM when we look at the possible bandits through binos or scoped weapons from range.

The humanity system is a tough thing to work out, but user input will be crucial and could hold the answer to fixing the system. Keep up the fantastic work though my friend and know that your community is behind you every step of the way.

• Like 1

@Skyrayfox Bandits shoot on sight to survivors anyways, also without hesitation. Taking away the single sign to tell away a bandit from a survivor will make everyone just shoot on sight to anyone. Tho I agree its not the most realistic thing, I think there is enough deceit and deception as there is.

Edit:

Ohh, I like the idea where Humanity makes you look more 'evil' regardless of the skin you choose.

Adding bloodstains to your clothes, maybe some scars, you know... things that look evil.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the way the game should be, with your host, Rocket.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

(And to all of you who like to generalize and post "this will end in one of [insert number here] results", YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Do not presume to tell anyone otherwise. I certainly can't prove anything specific will happen, and neither can you. Don't bring up study, don't bring up conjecture, don't bring up anything.)

This. This is an awesome day. Rejoice! We are free from the chains that bound us all to a specific look.

Thank you, Rocket.

TKJ