Sign in to follow this  
Vault_12

CD key in use

Hello, yesterday I finally managed to get DayZ running and played about 3 hours. Today I started DayZ again to join a server, but when I'm in the lobby is says "CD key in use" and throws me into Operation Arrowhead Main menu. I had the same problem yesterday with the ARMA2 FREE edition. I bought ARMA2 and OA for 20€ and got the CD keys for it. The .exe I got with the keys didnt worked and I wasnt able to install ARMA2. Then I downloadet ARMA2 .iso and OA .iso from another site, and with them I was able to finish the installation and play for one evening. My version ist the ARMA2 Combined Operartions and I play DayZ with the SIX launcher.

So, what is the problem?

Edited by Vault_12

get a new CD key from the retailer or, better yet, get a refund and buy it from somewhere reputable.

to play this beta need to purchase this game? Lol didnt know that!

maybe thats why i cant instal this game. :(

Edited by GhostRaid3r

1 minute ago I was able to join a server and the error didnt appear. I left the server because i had a full backpack with sniper rifle and such stuff, and wanted to join another server. There the message "CD key in use" appered again. WTF is this shit.

They probably sold your key to someone else so when they play you can't and vice-versa

@kraghot yes I also think so. Today i was able to play for a bit. I spawned at an airfield with lots of equipment which I never saw before. I think it was the equipment of the other player using my/his key. I contacted the support of the key site and waiting for response.

When I get the new Key, how can I change the old one? I dont want to install the game again. It was a really sore pain in the ass the first time and I dont want to relife this again. So is there any possibility to change the CD Key?

Edited by Vault_12

Always wondered who was dumb enough to buy from those kinda sites. You cheap bastard, I looked at the prices. The key alone, is almost 15$... So you go through a piece of shit rip of site. Probably selling Russian, etc keys, and expect it be perfect.

You get what you pay for, be a cheap bastard, get a cheap bastard deal. No you won't get any help, and 95% chance that site won't send you another key.

Spend the extra 2-5$ next time, and get the real thing from steam, amazon, even ebay (new, unopened). support developers of a good game.

Cheap bastard....

Read up on their site, you just sent $ to a site known for phishing and using stolen CD keys. Watch your mother's credit card.

Edited by Iceman28001

What the fuck is your problem mate? Instead of writing your wise life lessons you could just tell me how I can change the key without deinstalling it. If you dont want to help me, then just fuck off and troll somewhere else.

What the fuck is your problem mate? Instead of writing your wise life lessons you could just tell me how I can change the key without deinstalling it. If you dont want to help me, then just fuck off and troll somewhere else.

I lol'd. Not trolling when its the truth chief.

Call it what you want. I konw it was not smart. My brother bought several keys there and everything went fine. But I dont understand the purpose of your posts. I think you just have too much time.

Call it what you want. I konw it was not smart. My brother bought several keys there and everything went fine. But I dont understand the purpose of your posts. I think you just have too much time.

The purpose of my post was to point out, you will not be getting a new key. You bought a probably non-legit key which is from Singapore, PC MEDIA PTE LTD.

"In order to authenticate it, we will ask that you provide us with a copy of your government issued photo ID or passport or one of your utility bills revealing your name and address which matches your charging information. You only need to attach the file to this ticket. Please remember to include your Order ID when contacting us to expedite the process."

Google is your friend, before buying. Best of luck anyways, maybe you will get a good new key never know... Just watch your credit card... and don't send them above info...

Yeah I have too much time in the morning I know :).

The internet stealing $ and IDs since computers became too easy to use.

Edited by Iceman28001

I already opened a new ticked on their support site and got a respond from the administrator. He said that I must show them a screenshot of the error. Now Im waiting till the other guy who have my code loggs in. I dont think that i dont get a new key. I told them to give me a refund. I also dont think that this page is a phishing site. Its pretty old and if such things would happen all the time they would exist anymore.

And I always want to support the develepers. I buy every game. I never download a game. In the case of ARMA2 I didnt know that this site is untrustworthy. I think everyone did a mistake in his life, and for me it was the first time that i did something wrong in the internet. Maybe the 20€ will be gone and maybe not. But if, I will buy another version of the game. But now in steam.

OK, I just bought two PSCs again to buy it on Steam. Thanks for the help guys xD

Yeh so I purchased this game from steam , and today I tried to join three servers in a row to be met with the "cd key in use" message !

I find this very puzzling and highly unacceptable !

I feel cheated some reason , and now since last time I played my Day z is running really crappy its slow to connect to servers and when i do the FPS is so shit I have to quit the server ! its not even playable

I had logged in and heard a gun shot and went to check out the market where I was and my FPS dropped incredibly low and then I spotted the player and he shot me! I lost all of my stuff id been collecting for days ! I was rather annoyed !

What the hell is going on ?

I so cant wait for the stand alone for this !

Okay this is happening to me now too. Seems like someone else has played with my character aswell. Had no problems with my arma X copy before. I contacted BI support.

Edited by whet

Always wondered who was dumb enough to buy from those kinda sites. You cheap bastard, I looked at the prices. The key alone, is almost 15$... So you go through a piece of shit rip of site. Probably selling Russian, etc keys, and expect it be perfect.

You get what you pay for, be a cheap bastard, get a cheap bastard deal. No you won't get any help, and 95% chance that site won't send you another key.

Spend the extra 2-5$ next time, and get the real thing from steam, amazon, even ebay (new, unopened). support developers of a good game.

Cheap bastard....

Read up on their site, you just sent $ to a site known for phishing and using stolen CD keys. Watch your mother's credit card.

You sound jealous. Buying it doesn't support DayZ, only ArmA devs who are getting rich off its recent success.There are plenty of reputable key selling websites, no need to lump them all in the same category. Russian keys are great

Edited by Naka

You sound jealous. Buying it doesn't support DayZ, only ArmA devs who are getting rich off its recent success.There are plenty of reputable key selling websites, no need to lump them all in the same category. Russian keys are great

If you're a hacker or cheapskate maybe, I don't understand. Why would you buy the game anywhere else than reputable sites or through steam? IF you were truly duped I'm sorry for you but it doesn't take a genius to spot those kind of rip off sites.