Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

Bad Serial Number Given In Setup

Error bad serial number given setup wont load bad serial number given setup error V 1.7.2 error

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DaMufinMan

DaMufinMan

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States of America

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Whenever I choose a server for DayZ it does the 10 little check boxes or whatever then itll open the game. It goes as normal and says "Wait a moment..." under that picture of tanks. Then the screen goes black for about half a second and then the game closes. After it closes a message pops up saying:
Posted Image
Sorry about the bad quality but it says "ArmA 2 OA" at the top and "Bad serial number given in Setup" in the box. I checked alot of the other troubleshooting topics and didnt seem to find anything. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#2 Hakultair

Hakultair

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Did you get the game trough steam? If so, run Arma II: OA trough steam once before running Day Z.
  • levelTWO gave their beans
Server admin of NL 22.

#3 rinsa

rinsa

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

edit: delete :o

Edited by rinsa, 13 July 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#4 DaMufinMan

DaMufinMan

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States of America

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Thanks hakultair but I figured it out :)
Posted Image

#5 iftalented

iftalented

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

@DaMufinMan What did you do to get it to work ?

#6 ToySolldiiier

ToySolldiiier

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In DayZ

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

how did you get it to work??

#7 MrPoweredByRedstone

MrPoweredByRedstone

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Thanks hakultair but I figured it out :)

care to share the joy

#8 Ephrael

Ephrael

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yea, please share how you got it to work. My copy is through Steam and suddenly I get the same message

EDIT: Do what Hakultair says. I've just launched Arma II: Operation Arrowhead to the main menu, exited and successfully joined a Day Z server. This worked for me :)

Edited by Ephrael, 13 August 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#9 dragonx2x

dragonx2x

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....
  • oshnatour1 gave their beans

#10 superswope

superswope

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

THIS WORKS!!!!! THANKYOU!!!

#11 Evolva

Evolva

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

I couldn't do step 12 because when i go to steam/library/arma2 properties/view cd key i get an "Error comunicating with the key server" or something along these lines.

This way i can't get my cd key thus making it impossible to change it with the key changer.

Any ideas?

#12 GrandMasterAssassin

GrandMasterAssassin

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hey dragon this doesn't work I'd did this process to the letter and it still doesn't work... What do I do !?!?!!?
My Fellow Survivors, Bandits, Heroes!!!
Let the Survivors continue to collect Beans. Let the Bandits collect souls. Let the Heroes continue their righteous duties.
Give me your Fucking Beans!

#13 Generic DayZ Player

Generic DayZ Player

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey Dragon,

I can't rename my ArmA 2 OA folder that already exists. I can't delete it either.
So, I don't know what to do?
I ran the Registry Editor as admin but still nothing.
I think this may solve my problem but I can't continue on because of this Error with the Registry Editor.

Please Help.

Thanks, TheNoobmove5000

#14 Beefaroni

Beefaroni

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hey, whenever i try to play ARMA 2 OA for the first time it says "bad serial number given in setup" what do i do?!??!

#15 Rakrul

Rakrul

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Read the sticky

#16 devilsdic

devilsdic

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

This is very disappointing. I smashed the piggy bank to build my first computer and paid $30 for Arma 2 and now I can't even play DayZ. Not to be melodramatic, but I was willing to go a long way just to play this game I've been hearing about. I've watched so many videos and I can finally run it myself.

The registry fix was the first thing I did and followed all steps perfectly (although it only let me hit enter once). Then I came here and saw run as Administrator.

Well for whatever reason Windows 8 won't let me do that. I tried creating a custom shortcut with admin priveleges but that doesn't seem to work either.

Was I supposed to do that before I installed the mod folders? Maybe I will try that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Error, bad, serial, number, given, setup, wont load, bad serial number given, setup error, V 1.7.2 error