KrazyStew

DayZ CA_Dubbing_Counterattack

Ok so I just recently got ARMA II Combined Operations JUST so I could play DayZ. I went on the website and took the advice to use sixlauncher, after failing to manually install properly. Even after I used SixLauncher whenever i launch the game an error pops up: Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

I know from trying to manually update that 'dayz_anim' is one of the necessary files to play the game, but I have no idea what Ca_Dubbing_Counterattack is, and i made sure the dayz_anim file was there, it is. PLEASE HELP!!!

• Like 2

Hi,

Are you able to play this game with this error..?

Actually yes I can launch the game but it scares me a bit xD also just a few seconds ago I tried to play and it says something along the lines of: cannot play/edit this mission content deleted.chernarus, do you know what the problem is?

• Like 1

IDK what makes this occur, or EXACTLY what it is that fixes it, but I also had this problem before.

This is how I did it.

1. Right-Click on ArmA 2, reinstall BattleEye

2. Launch ArmA 2

3. Launch ArmA 2: OA

4. Launch Combined Operations

5. Update your DayZ files (Worrom, Sixupdater)

6. Repeat steps 2-4

7. ???

8. Possible profit

IDK what makes this occur, or EXACTLY what it is that fixes it, but I also had this problem before.

This is how I did it.

1. Right-Click on ArmA 2, reinstall BattleEye

2. Launch ArmA 2

3. Launch ArmA 2: OA

4. Launch Combined Operations

5. Update your DayZ files (Worrom, Sixupdater)

6. Repeat steps 2-4

7. ???

8. Possible profit

I had this problem and can confirm that at least one of these steps did the trick.

I had this error after installing some DLCs.

I found out (thanks Ski) that every time you install one part of Arma 2 you need to patch it to the lastest version then open it and run a mission in the game to let it load the modules. You don't need to reinstall. This should prevent the errors when launching DayZ.

Install Arma 2, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc.

Install Operation Arrowhead, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (OA/CO patch)

Install PMC, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (PMC patch)

Install BAF, patch it, open it and run a mission/armoury etc. (BAF patch)

I can't launch them anymore.. only OA/CO with line -noFilePatching -noSplash "-mod=E:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

So I can't run the other programs, or is there a command line I can run such as above for each of the PMC/BAF/A2 etc?

So I get CA_Dubbing_Counterattack error from OA/CO, then launches, then gives error 'no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope''

edit: nevermind, updating to the latest beta seemed to fix it.. then the six updater updated DayZ or something again and it works now

Edited by ninjagaijin

had these problems:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"start the game i get "ca_dubbing_counterattack"

i solved the issue and thought i´d share it:

what i did was i copied the addons map an put it in the arma 2 operation arrowhead map like this:

copied this map: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2\Addons

and put it here: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Edited by Northling
  • Like 4

Ok so I just recently got ARMA II Combined Operations JUST so I could play DayZ. I went on the website and took the advice to use sixlauncher, after failing to manually install properly. Even after I used SixLauncher whenever i launch the game an error pops up: Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

I know from trying to manually update that 'dayz_anim' is one of the necessary files to play the game, but I have no idea what Ca_Dubbing_Counterattack is, and i made sure the dayz_anim file was there, it is. PLEASE HELP!!!

I just dont know what to do...

Did you fixed the problem, man?? A friend of mine has the game fu**d up by the same problem.

We thought about reinstalling whole shit again!

Run ARMA II on steam first, make it load then quit the game. Then right click operation arrowhead and choose run ARMA II combined operations. Close it, and use six updater as you have done, make sure it's Combined operations = forced

If you run into any more problems, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out on skype

had these problems:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"start the game i get "ca_dubbing_counterattack"

what i did was i copied the addons map an put it in the arma 2 operation arrowhead map like this:

i did that then it takes forever to make my guy its still not done i had it on for 2 hours Edited by TW2S-Elite

Hi. I've been lurking and trying to fix this problem for a few days now. I tried everything, reinstalling certain parts, copying of the addon folder, i mean anything and everything that I read I tried.

The only thing that worked: Deleting everything and reinstalling.

2 things to note about my install: I use the arma 2 free version and the arma 2 operation arrowhead. In my steam/steamapps/common folder I usually have 2 folders for arma: arma 2 free and arma 2 operation arrowhead. I believe the problem occurred when I installed a patch that was for a different setup. It created a third folder, arma 2, i believe, and then when I ran the game I believe it was erroneously trying to pull files from this folder.

When I uninstalled I steam deleted files, then I deleted the folders, then I used the windows search and deleted everthing that had to do with arma. I reinstalled using steam, ran the 2 games once to install, then installed using 6 launcher and I was good to go.

I hope this helps someone. Good luck!

Hey guys,

I've done so much research in the last 10 hours, seriously i thought i would never have to make an account on this forum, but being the awkward rant i am i decided to. Today i tried to play DayZ for the first time in about 36 hours, so obviously there has been a new patch and i download it using this link http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php , the most recent one was 389 and i was on 248. Note; Previously in the week my DayZ was working fine, however today it decides to completely screw it's self. I downloaded patch as per normal, booted the game and what a surprise, CD-KEY invalid, after re integrity checking about 40 times, i ran the game again to find the error: "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' i actually then looked through multiple forum posts looking for solutions trying most common things such as re-integrity checking etc, to find that none work, so i completely removed all Arma related files on my computer, re downloaded all of them! Unfortunately i am still getting this error, then when the game decides to load, well looks like its going to, it decides to close and says wrong CD-Key, this really pissed me off considering i actually payed for the game, i have the CD-KEY here with me, i know this is a rant but fuck i'm pissed, I've spent all day trying to fix this and I've gotten no where. but 15Gig down on my downloads.

had these problems:

Cheers bud, this worked for me.

for some reason a this message comes up after this saying No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'. what dose it mean ?

Alright i had this problems but i done those steps and it worked :

• Install Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.
  • Close Steam completely, and then rerun it as an administrator (this is required to launch Arma 2 for the first time. You'll get a bad serial key error otherwise)
  • Create folder called @DayZ in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead
  • Create a folder inside of that folder called Addons, and then download all the DayZ mod files from the DayZ website into that folder (So they should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons)
  • Extract the files into the Addons folder. Make sure they are in the top level of the Addons folder or Arma 2 won't be able to find the files.
  • Launch Arma 2 (you need to run Arma 2 first in order for Arma 2: Combined Operations to work, which is required for DayZ.
  • Launch Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead from the Steam library, and run it as Arma 2: Combined Operation

That's all you'll need to do to get DayZ working. Chances are you'll want to filter out the non-DayZ games, which you can do by opening the Filter menu and setting mission to DayZ.

I had this issue and found an easy fix..

Go to your arma2 folder. cut the addon folder from this folder and past into your arma2 OA folder..

Fixed for me...

Let me know

• Like 1

Just cut and pasted the "addons" folder in the "Arma 2" folder into the "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder and it works great now

Thanks for the fix Courleone

I had this issue and found an easy fix..

Go to your arma2 folder. cut the addon folder from this folder and past into your arma2 OA folder..

Fixed for me...

Let me know

like i said in this thread over a month ago ^^