lvg

[GUIDE - STEAM] To those spawning invisible / No Debug + Errors / Beta Update

If you are spawning without a debug monitor and you are invisible you need to update to the latest Beta as if you join a server 1.7.1 + and that server is running 93825+ you will get this problem.

This guide will also solve the errors such as

"Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine"

"Bad server version"

"CA Building parts"

Using Steam ONLY

1) Download and install the latest beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2) Once you've installed the beta go to your main ARMA 2 OA directory something like this "C:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

and rename "arma2oa.exe" to something like "arma2oaBACKUP.exe" A lot of people are failing at this, please look at this image https://dl.dropbox.c...511889/Tuto.jpg

then proceed to "arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" Copy the "arma2oa.exe" and place it in your "steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" directory where you have just renamed the stock arma2oa to arma2oaBACKUP

3) Ensure you have 1.7.1 installed from here (DayZ latest version 1.7.1.at the time of this)

4) For a guide on installing DayZ look here

5)Then right click ARMA 2 : OA and put this as your launch parameter (In the steam Library Right click ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead > Set launch options)

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

6) Now you should have the mod installed and the steam overlay just launch ARMA 2 : OA as Combined Ops

If when launching ARMA 2 : OA you receive "This game is currently unavailable" Right click ARMA 2 : OA > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache, and then it should launch, you will then need to follow the steps again to install the beta, as the verification will revert to the default .exe

Video Guide on Beta installtion.

http://youtu.be/abCmAgQc_8k

This is a thread from the old forums, the format may not be perfect

Edited by LVG
  • Like 9

Bad CD key or Wrong CD key

Its when i try to change my beta patch to 94700... i tried to run as administrator and it do nothing. Always wrong cd key

Six luncher suck ... it don't do anything at all, it crashed my game all times ... "Game version different than server". The six luncher look for my object in computer and he don't say that there is a problem.

i prefer 1.7.1 --"

less problem and can play

Edited by bombe

Thank you for posting advice and links. Finally, FINALLY this has gotten me Into the game. Other issues can be solved later, I'm alive and spawned again. Greatly appreciated!

I can launch the game fine through six, but when trying to launch this way I'm getting this error: "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'". The game still launches, but when I'm getting to the menus another error pops up: "no entry\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope".

What's the cause of this?

EDIT: Okey, I managed to fix this by using this as my launch parameters instead:

-noFilePatching -noSplash "-mod=D:\Spel\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

Meaning including my whole path to steam.

Edited by XAM

Bad CD key or Wrong CD key

Its when i try to change my beta patch to 94700... i tried to run as administrator and it do nothing. Always wrong cd key

Six luncher suck ... it don't do anything at all, it crashed my game all times ... "Game version different than server". The six luncher look for my object in computer and he don't say that there is a problem.

i prefer 1.7.1 --"

less problem and can play

I also have this problem with the new patch 94700. It did get installed at last (but still got that error message!) and I went in to server SA 1 and then my game ctd for some reason. I got in there again, and TADA, I didnt have that patch again. Tried numerous times now, and it wont get instaleld for some reason.

Any tips is much appriciated!

i also have the error message of wrong cd key when i install the beta patches, but i can run the game normally, it can be fixed?

doesnt work for me, followed exactly and this isnt my 1st dance in a barn so to speak

what i have learned is while arma is very good for modding its a complete disaster at anything else. i have had less random on lottery tickets

Just updated to beta 94876, copied the exe over my main exe, still got wrong CD key error but it still installed. Couldn't install the newer update because of the error though.

Now when I run BAF/PMC/A2 it crashes with graphical 3d error.. what command lines do I use for them to run?

I was instructed by another thread to run all the titles to try to get rid of some error. I can't run them because of the error.

I can only get OA/CO to run with this line: -noFilePatching -noSplash "-mod=E:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

then it gives me CA_Dubbing_Counterattack error, then launches, then gives error 'no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope''. Updated DayZ with Worrom's btw.

edit: nevermind, updating to the latest beta seemed to fix it.. then the six updater updated DayZ or something again and it works now

Edited by ninjagaijin

I'm getting the bad version error for every single server.

Followed the guide 100% and it still gives me the error. I don't want to reinstall the game to fix this. Any ideas?

I'm getting the bad version error for every single server.

Followed the guide 100% and it still gives me the error. I don't want to reinstall the game to fix this. Any ideas?

Same, i think it might be a problem with the recent update, IF it is I think there will be a hotfix soon.

Using the latest verson of DayZ and beta version 95208 (the latest) I get errors:

-'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' on launch

-'no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope' after

-Finaly when I try to join an appropriatly versioned server I get booted with the 'You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus' (even when launching as combined opperations)

(EDIT)

I did all of the steps in the above guide perfectly!

launch parameter is (without quotes) "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz"

Edited by suodine
  • Like 1

Using the latest verson of DayZ and beta version 95208 (the latest) I get errors:

-'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' on launch

-'no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope' after

-Finaly when I try to join an appropriatly versioned server I get booted with the 'You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus' (even when launching as combined opperations)

(EDIT)

I did all of the steps in the above guide perfectly!

launch parameter is (without quotes) "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz"

launch combine operations instead of opperaction arrowhead

when i tryed to install the patch it said arma 2 oa is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted. please help

I downloaded everything correctly and updated everything like i'm supposed too. but then i try to launch ARMA 2 Combined Operations, and the command prompt comes up really fast, but the check boxes never pop up. i havn't opened the game yet at all because they never pop up. Please Help

Followed the Guide Lines and still get bad server version :( can someone please help me with this.

This is great, but HOW DO YOU INSTALL BETA PATCHES ON STEAM? I'm not mad at you. I'm made at my computer and I'm mad at my game. Things have been happening, long story. I'd like to get it over with, so I would very much appreciate some answers. Thanks.

This is great, but HOW DO YOU INSTALL BETA PATCHES ON STEAM? I'm not mad at you. I'm made at my computer and I'm mad at my game. Things have been happening, long story. I'd like to get it over with, so I would very much appreciate some answers. Thanks.

Read the first post in this thread. It explains how to do it. You could also get DayZ Commander since it's supporting the steam version as well. Just make sure you use "Use Steam" in its settings.

• Like 1

Read the first post in this thread. It explains how to do it. You could also get DayZ Commander since it's supporting the steam version as well. Just make sure you use "Use Steam" in its settings.

DayZ commander install won't work. The directories are set up, but when I try to install the newest ArmA and DayZ patches, they fail.

• Like 1

I downloaded everything correctly and updated everything like i'm supposed too. but then i try to launch ARMA 2 Combined Operations, and the command prompt comes up really fast, but the check boxes never pop up. i havn't opened the game yet at all because they never pop up. Please Help

having the same prob as you, not sure how to fix it yet i have been browsing forums all week trying to find out how

• Like 1

I click on play but i have no combined operation, i have OA and windowed mode but no CO help me !

And dayz commander want install version 100296 but i have the last!

Edited by Kingtiger1

I click on play but i have no combined operation, i have OA and windowed mode but no CO help me !

And dayz commander want install version 100296 but i have the last!

If you've purchased CO and Steam reverted back to A2+OA, use this guide and look for the "STEAM - Beta Patch Install Instructions" + "_runA2CO_beta.cmd"