While ghosting has indeed been a problem for some I'd like to address this in quite a simple and elegant behaviour.
Implementing a new type of object.
Portable radiotower (quite tall so it's visible and can be deactivated by other people)
- Requires an active 'portable generator' to "power" the radiotower.
- Prevents "logins" inside a radius of the broadcast range of this radiotower.
- Broadcast range of jamming signal affects the length power draw.
* Players attempting to login within the broadcast radius will be told that there is currently an active radiotower broadcasting a jamming signal.
* Players is given choice to spawn to spawn at edge of the jamming signal.
- Requires fuel (can be refueled with jerry can)
- Powers a radiotower for up to 6h at minimum range, and 30 to 60min at maximum range .
Burning fireplaces works as before but with added function:
- Prevents login within 100 to 200m (radius to be balanced)
- Displays similar message to player attempting to login, player is given choice to spawn at edge of radius.
Secondly. I'd like to start supporting active communities basing out of different servers.
Especially those active by helping them setup camps / bases . This would mostly be cosmetic things, but could be such things as camo netting in forests and tents.
Pros / cons ?
Edited by Ander, 11 July 2012 - 02:39 PM.