Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

Lost all items because I wore a ghillie suit.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 AlbinoNoodle

AlbinoNoodle

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

• I have a ghillie suit, and my version is 1.7.5 is it ok?

i'd keep it in your pack/tent untill its fixed to be on the safe side.

#42 dogact

dogact

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

exact same thing happened to me, video of it-

#43 AlbinoNoodle

AlbinoNoodle

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

is this fixed yet? I'm more scared of a new pair of pants than any amount of zombies and bandits.
  • bluesydave gave their beans

#44 SilverSwitchx

SilverSwitchx

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

If the server has fully updated Hive then you shouldn't have any issues. If you find you're debug monitor has reset just relog should fix it. i've been using my gillie suit along with a few others i play with and works just fine on fully updated servers.

#45 xRoyce

xRoyce

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Make sure the server you're playing has a fully updated hive and you should be good. I put my ghillie suit on and have been wearing it for a while. But if you log onto an outdated hive server, you will lose your ghillie suit.

Posted Image

#46 Sgt Abraham Ford

Sgt Abraham Ford

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

How do you check to make sure the server has updated to the latest hive version?
Look Bubs, there's no need to go breakin' the shit crust here.

#47 foset

foset

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

How do you check to make sure the server has updated to the latest hive version?

+1 Would like to know that as well!

#48 Peaches

Peaches

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

This happened to me as well while I was on the top florr of an apt. building.

Lost a winchester w/ over 75 shells and an m1911 with 6 clips plus a water bottle, blood bag, morphine, epipen, and bandages.

#49 jelly2m8

jelly2m8

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

+2

Were being told left right and center that the server needs to be on the updated hive, but yet NOONE has told us how we can determine if a server is on the updated hive..........

#50 DutchRanger

DutchRanger

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

+2

Were being told left right and center that the server needs to be on the updated hive, but yet NOONE has told us how we can determine if a server is on the updated hive..........

when you use six launcher, check the last tap, wich says "version"
if this is 1.62 and higher, it is updated. for example, lot of servers use the version: 1.62.95208. the last 5 numbers are for the running beta patch I believe
Version:
1.60 and 1.61 = bad
1.62 = good

Edited by DutchRanger, 22 July 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#51 John Johnson

John Johnson

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

Can confrim this too, but not all of my inventory.

I logged off and then back on a few hours later and my primary weapon was gone and my M1911 had been replaced by a Makarov. I dropped the Makarov and then got my M1911 back.

#52 Cloud

Cloud

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Uh oh now I'm scared, I have an AS50 with 18 clips on me.. and I just found and equipped a Ghillie suit.

On another note, I've lost 2 l85's, 4 m107's, and a mk 48 in the past 30 hours because of glitchy shittiness of servers or mod bugs

#53 DutchRanger

DutchRanger

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Uh oh now I'm scared, I have an AS50 with 18 clips on me.. and I just found and equipped a Ghillie suit.

On another note, I've lost 2 l85's, 4 m107's, and a mk 48 in the past 30 hours because of glitchy shittiness of servers or mod bugs

to be save you can first drop your equipment on the ground or in a tent, and then equip the suit.
For me it works fine though, without losing equipment.

Edited by DutchRanger, 23 July 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#54 haloman720

haloman720

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

I was in Cherno by the hotel and I started to get this grey line that shot across my screen. It went away after about a minuite so I didn't think anything about it really, but I took some screen shots of it. Then I entered a building by the hotel and founf a ghilie suit inside, I equiped it and got teleported into the water with 3 copies of myself in the water, 2 in ghilie suits standing on the water and myself in civi cloths swiming, I got teleported into the house and was swimming in the floor. I quit the game and everthing was back to normal, didn't lose my gear or anything. I am on the correct version.

Attached Files

#55 DutchRanger

DutchRanger

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

I was in Cherno by the hotel and I started to get this grey line that shot across my screen. It went away after about a minuite so I didn't think anything about it really, but I took some screen shots of it. Then I entered a building by the hotel and founf a ghilie suit inside, I equiped it and got teleported into the water with 3 copies of myself in the water, 2 in ghilie suits standing on the water and myself in civi cloths swiming, I got teleported into the house and was swimming in the floor. I quit the game and everthing was back to normal, didn't lose my gear or anything. I am on the correct version.

Can you remember what hyve version the server was running? like stated before, if its lower then 1.62, its a know issue, and the server needs an hyve update.

#56 Agamemnon

Agamemnon

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNot in Elektro. Never again in Elektro.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

I might have an alternate side to OPs story.... i was running along the coastline about to head out to an island and i saw a player standing in the middle of the water... in what looked to be the skin of a soldier from the actual game. i cautiously approached behind and.... viola all his items were loot-able and apparently it was a dead body just glitching, standing up as normal, aiming at something. i examined and it said here lies alex2 cause of death unknown, all that jazz. among the items were a sniper rifle, and about 8 clips for that a coyote backpack, assault rifle and full tools and almost every useful thing a person would need..... plus a ghillie suit. Now im not sure, (and admittedly did not research too much on the outfit it looked like he was wearing) but maybe on the flipside i retrieved all the items that were lost from a ghillie suit incident?
Arma- 97239/40
Day Zed-1.7.2.6