Sign in to follow this  
Brusann

Lost all items because I wore a ghillie suit.

Date/Time: 7/09/12 11:20 PM pst

What happened: Put on a ghillie suit. Lost all gear.

Where you were: Hills in the west of the map

What you were doing: putting on ghillie suit

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: LA 5

*Your system specs: irrelevant

*Timeline of events before/after error: I searched for weeks to find a ghillie suit and finally did about a week ago. I stashed it away in my tent for safekeeping until I could find my first sniper rifle to use it with. To my delight, I finally found an m107 today and headed straight to my tent to grab all the necessary supplies and my ghillie suit and head out. Once I had all my supplies carefully organized in my inventory, I equipped my ghillie suit to head out. I began to swim in the ground, heard water, screen flipped out then i was back with only my backpack remaining. everything in my main inventory including my weapons were all gone. I spent probably 40 hours collecting this gear. I searched the area around me endlessly and didnt find anyone. I even knew that I wouldnt be able to log out in the ghillie due to spawning in the ocean, so I knew I would always unequip it before I did. I know never to get attached to my gear in DayZ, I never have. I've died with nvg's gps's FAL's it doesnt matter, I've always kept going. But in this case, I had NO CHANCE to get attached to my gear. I never got to fire my m107. I never got to stalk a survivor in my ghillie. I spent endless hours all for nothing. For the ocean to eat my gear. The ocean in the ground under the tree in front of my tent. I really hope you guys are working on a fix or some sort of compensation for lost gear however unlikely that may be... I see I'm not the only person to experience this. It's exceptionally frustrating and I've had many bugs happen before, yet none which ruined everything I've worked for quite like this has.

Edited by Brusann
  • Like 5

can confirm this,

yesterday around 22:00 gmt+1

dayz 1.7.2,

arma beta 9444,

EU10 server

was at berezino in a beton building, found a camo suite, as soon i as i wanted to put in on me, i was teleported to sea, and few seconds later back to the building, and was swimming around the floor + lost all my items/weapons in inventory, only czeh ruck and items inside it were still there.

• Like 1

I can second this as well.

Today about 1600CST

DayZ 1.7.2

Beta 94444

Server: US40

I was at a camp with my gear, I grabbed a ghillie suit out of our tent, and when I put it on my screen went black and I lost all of my gear except for my bag and what was on my toolbelt.

Note; its not because you were wearing cloths, its because you didn't have the latest beta patch.

happened to me too.

I took the ghillie suit i've found on a dead survivor, i heard sea's waves for 0,5 sec, then i lost all of my gear, exept ALICE backpack, hatchet and torchlight.

Lastest beta patch since i used sixlauncer

I can confirm this. I was near a chopper crash site and had just found an M249 and 4 200 rds +20 30rd STANAG. Put on suit and lost everything after a brief glitch where I was treading water in the ground.

Confirmed, I have stranger occurrences though. I have two characters now tied to my cd-key somehow. On some servers I start a new character even though I never died. My "real" character who recently got a ghillie lost the suit in the update. I still have all my items, just not the suit.

I updated it through Six Launcher... So I was up-to-date.

Also confirmed, lost M24 and my Ghillie suit itself after being invisible.

Edit: Also broke my leg while the swimming underground happened.

Edited by Liquidsx3

Confirmed, I have stranger occurrences though. I have two characters now tied to my cd-key somehow. On some servers I start a new character even though I never died. My "real" character who recently got a ghillie lost the suit in the update. I still have all my items, just not the suit.

Thats because some of the servers have their own local hive instead of using DayZ's. Basically private servers.

I lost all my items after attempting to equip the camo suit.

Where: the middle building facing the small hospital in Cherno, second floor.

My character started swimming around in the floor. I reconnected, he swam around for 3 more seconds before standing up.

I also lost all my items, exept for my backpack and whatever was in it.

Confirm. Happend to me twice. :P

Same simptoms. 1-3 seconds swimming underground, then back without items.

Second time i looked in my gear fast, its all gone just after using suit.

Last beta.

Lost all items, but backpack and belt. Realy sad bug. You should pinn the anouncment, before its gona be fixed.

PS: I even registered here, at last to report this horrible bug. Plz, dont ignore.

Date/Time: First time 11/07/2012 4:30-5:00 Second time UTC +411/07/2012 6:30 UTC +4

What happened: Found a ghili suit (sniper suit). Put it on - all stuffs gone. except Beltools and backpack with items. Twice :D

Where you were: First time: Berezino (found it in building, Second time: West from berezino found it at heli crash area.

What you were doing: Just walking around :D

*Current installed version: 1.7.2/94700

*Server(s) you were on: Dont remember exactly. Coz i played on it about 2-3 hours and just forget. It was one of the RU or DE servers, Good pings for me.

*Your system specs: 8 Gb RAM, Windows 7 64-bit.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Well nothing to say here. Just walking around, killing zombies, looking for loot and other survs.

Edited by reedevil
  • Like 1

I just lost all items because i put on a ghillie suit.

11th of july

about 4:30am

I found it at hoten in cherno and put in on near the forest in the north of cherno.

A short time i heard water then all items but flash light knife and hatched and my backpack.

I updated through worms updater and newest ao beta patch 94700

dont know server anymore

greetings Really

Its happened to me too but I have died since then so I dont care...

Confirmed and a secondary bug I have seen is that if you are in a building you start floating through the floor :/ If it's a multi story building you can fall through the floor and die.

I can second this as well.

Today about 1600CST

DayZ 1.7.2

Beta 94444

Server: US40

I was at a camp with my gear, I grabbed a ghillie suit out of our tent, and when I put it on my screen went black and I lost all of my gear except for my bag and what was on my toolbelt.

Got exactly ythe same problem on same version and other server (FR37), execpt it was a camo suit and not a ghillie suit :(

happened to me as well.

Dayz: 1.7.2.

Beta: 94444 i guess

Server: Germany 21

i finally found a Camo Suit at Devils Castle, now i lost everything including the camo suit after trying to wear it, i mean im still in civil clothing and all items except special and backpack are missing, Night Vision Googles, M4 CCO SD etc. thought that bugs with suits were fixed (0

Happen to me and my friend today too on US 88 and we are updated but i wore a Ghillie suit and he wore a camo suit and we heard water for about 2 seconds and wala all of our gear is gone.

Can we please get this stickied or pinned or something so other players don't have to go through this unforunate set of circumstances?

Note; its not because you were wearing cloths, its because you didn't have the latest beta patch.

Thanks to this rather poor advice I can now confirm this bug applies to DayZ V1.7.2 Beta 94444/94700.

To everyone else: if you find a ghillie suit, keep it until the bug is fixed, it is clearly an issue with DayZ V1.7.2

Confirmed. Just happened twice to me while trying to put on the camo clothing.