nahaz

[Guide] How to set up your graphics properly

Someone said to turn off hyperthreading from the bios, can you just uncheck the extra cores in the afinity settings ? (or what ever it called)

Edit,

seems to turn off HT without accessing the bios, open Msconfig and in the "Boot" tab, select "advanced options" and select only 2 cores of the 4.

Who here has tryed Ramdisk ?, is there any real noticeable increase in FPS ?

Merry Christmas!

A ramdisk will probably reduce load times but not impact FPS much at all.

Should I expect to be able to play the game on Very High settings with a NVIDIA GeFOrce GT 630M gfx card? Tried it before and it had bad FPS.

On this laptop:

i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2nd gfx card)

To make sure I don't suffer any lag while playing DayZ I've been playing with Very Low on everything which isn't the prettiest thing to look at. Any chance I could increase it and still get good FPS if not better? I'm currently getting around 30 FPS (seen it on a server where FPS was displayed)

A 630M is a mobile card and they're quite weak compared to the discrete counterparts. Playing arma 2 on high graphics is like playing BF3 (highly optimized game) on high graphics, not entirely because of a photorealistic look but because in Arma/DayZ there's ALOT to render.

You need at least at 650M to expect more than 30-40 fps on medium to high settings.

On another note, I won't be updating this thread since I don't think it needs any updating anymore. I'm not playing DayZ currently, I'm waiting for standalone, but a 650 or better is what I would recommend for desktops as well.

On another note, I won't be updating this thread since I don't think it needs any updating anymore. I'm not playing DayZ currently, I'm waiting for standalone, but a 650 or better is what I would recommend for desktops as well.

The thing is that there are about 3/4 Topics (at least) a day asking Can I run It, for which there is a Stickied Topic.

Your guide is and always will be a valuable contribution.

Thanks.

PM, if you wish.

• Like 2