rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Don't know for you, but for me zeds can no longer hear when I throw tin cans or empty bottles.

Same here. I've made a point these last 24 hours to chuck cans around because of the deathwish agro state of the new zombs. No reaction!

Edited by Miss_Nuts

This version of DayZ is completely broken, I'm not playing it again until it's fixed.

Logged into a server with clan mates and the server killed me and spawned me into Wilderness but no gear at all, so I suicided and spawned properly, meanwhile my clan mate took my M4A1 CCO SD with 5x Stanag SD mags from me (My character was still there standing up, but dead) so I could take them back later.

After running for about 45 minutes into my clan mates, my friend dropped the M4A1 CCO SD and the server took it away, it dissapeared completely, this made me quite mad...

Then, after raging and hitting my head against the wall a hundred times, I spawned again, reached my friends, we killed a survivor and I took his AS50 sniper with 6x mags, later on I log off for dinner, we come back and the server (A different one than before) killed me again!!!

To be honest I don't give a damn about the AS50 I lost, but losing the M4A1 CCO SD made me VERY sad specially after my friend kept it for me, then it dissapeared, this is ridiculous. I know it's an Alpha, and it has bugs, but this had never happened to me before 1.7.2, and today it's happened twice already, and losing the M4A1 CCO SD almost made me cry. :(

cant be bothered reading 59 pages to see if its already been posted but major bugs that has happened to me are

1) lost all my items over a couple of logins while wearing ghillie suit from previous patch

2) spawned up top of the map, not sure if this is intentional?

3) got killed by invisible zombies trapped inside houses that are un-enterable and there fore no reason they should have been there in the first place. Also note it trapped me and wouldnt let me move away either

4) I actually killed 2 people before they killed me, not sure if thats a bug but its the first time I havent died at the hands of meeting strangers :)

Can someone tell me how I can degrade my game back to 1.7.1.5? I'd be much appreciated if anyone could do so.

Multiple people have posted "guides" on how to do it, but none of them tend to work for whatever reason.

This version of DayZ is completely broken, I'm not playing it again until it's fixed.

Logged into a server with clan mates and the server killed me and spawned me into Wilderness but no gear at all, so I suicided and spawned properly, meanwhile my clan mate took my M4A1 CCO SD with 5x Stanag SD mags from me (My character was still there standing up, but dead) so I could take them back later.

After running for about 45 minutes into my clan mates, my friend dropped the M4A1 CCO SD and the server took it away, it dissapeared completely, this made me quite mad...

Then, after raging and hitting my head against the wall a hundred times, I spawned again, reached my friends, we killed a survivor and I took his AS50 sniper with 6x mags, later on I log off for dinner, we come back and the server (A different one than before) killed me again!!!

To be honest I don't give a damn about the AS50 I lost, but losing the M4A1 CCO SD made me VERY sad specially after my friend kept it for me, then it dissapeared, this is ridiculous. I know it's an Alpha, and it has bugs, but this had never happened to me before 1.7.2, and today it's happened twice already, and losing the M4A1 CCO SD almost made me cry. :(

You sir are not going to have much fun playing DayZ for awhile. Like all the other smart people say, don't get attached to ANY of your gear. Ever. Be prepared to lose any/everything at any moment's notice.

Multiple people have posted "guides" on how to do it, but none of them tend to work for whatever reason.

Really?

I know it's tough losing equipment, but please set your expectations properly. This is an alpha, you are going to lose everything you have. When we switch to beta there will probably be a server wipe. When the main game is released there will likely be a server wipe. You are going to lose everything you have, over and over again! Set.Your.Expectations. No more crying my friend.

Can someone tell me how I can degrade my game back to 1.7.1.5? I'd be much appreciated if anyone could do so.

How about you be a good sport and TEST THE GAME like you should be doing. Upgrade and test. Report Bugs. This is a free to play mod, and you are part of a community run operation to make a great game. Be a part of it.

• Like 1

How about you be a good sport and TEST THE GAME like you should be doing. Upgrade and test. Report Bugs. This is a free to play mod, and you are part of a community run operation to make a great game. Be a part of it.

I'm sorry mate but what else there is to report?? Seriously, all major bugs have already been reported in the pages before if you read them. That's why now we wait for the hotfix to see if it works.

Edited by Fabrix

Not that I mind losing gear in survival attempt, but.. what's really sad is that you spend hour collecting some stuff and then lose it to a cheater who respawns instantly on the same position you've killed him and spawns gear, weapons, vehicles, can see through the whole map location of every single player and every single tent. That's what very desperating... And losing gear due to bugs, zombie rushes, other fair players - pff who cares, that's Alpha mod of survival after all, collecting gear, surviving, stalking and looting that's the goal for now.

Edited by Delta-Dude

Oh dear, the Zombie Apocalypse makes you sad. I am really upset for you that you lost your super gun. No go find a makarov and survive without your clan mates for a while,

• Like 2

Bunch of bugs i've been encountering so far that are new to this patch:

-Desynch everywhere.

-Getting stuck on loading server/creating character 90% of the time I try to join a server.

-Can't see other players properly (they freeze on spot then warp all over the place, even when i'm not desynched.

-Zombie sight seems to be severly bugged, standing crouching or proning seems to make no difference. Same for terrain (i.e im just as visible laying in the grass as when im standing in the middle of the road). Also alot of zombies apear to have eyes in the back of their heads. Line of Sight seems to not work 99% of the time either, i.e zombies simply see you inside buildings.

-magazines still despawn when not entirely full.

Suggestion:

Do a rollback to the previous patch to make the game playable again while trying to fix the issues with the current patch.

Edited by Sakeoe
  • Like 1

Oh dear, the Zombie Apocalypse makes you sad. I am really upset for you that you lost your super gun. No go find a makarov and survive without your clan mates for a while,

^^

Extreme loading times now.

Played at 08-10.30 gmt+1 (bst) with an increased, but not exceptional FPS at night - the area seemed to be well lit up.

Running 1.60.94444 with 1.7.2.

anyone else notices that you still have to reload your axe? ^^

i was able to play with my arma x but i had to create a new char :/ 90% of all zombies are not moving and the other zombies can see me at around 120m range.

i downgraded back to 1.7.1.5.

it just feels like 1.7.2 gave us more bugs than fixes...

Suggestion:

Do a rollback to the previous patch to make the game playable again while trying to fix the issues with the current patch.

no rollbacks. we keep going forward

• Like 1

no rollbacks. we keep going forward

Well said push .... and be thankful that you are here to experience this growing adventure

Honestly people, who cares about your sob stories about losing gear. You are an Alpha tester. I lost my items, respawned and started to live on the bean coast.

I downgraded and upgraded twice to find differences. I do not know why people are having so many issues, maybe it's a flock of you idiots expecting an easy game.

1.7.2 is awesome, better fps, Zambies are not as erratic, even though they should not stay still. Over all the patch is great from me. The other hurrdurrs just have never had anyone to tell them to shut the fuck up and deal.

Only issue I have encountered is putting on Camo Clothing deleted main inventory. Oh well, continued on and searched for more supplies.

TL;DR

/dealwithit you pansies

I think that just means they DC'ed. I've successfully looted players in 1.7.2

So the body of a dead player disappears when he disconnect?

I call bullshit.

Edited by martinhjerpe

So the body of a dead player disappears when he disconnect?

I call bullshit.

it's been an issue since before 1.7.2

I've seen it happen like that. I was inspecting a body, and saw the name. then the body disappeared, I checked the player list, and that name was gone

it could be something else, since people have been having similar issues with animals. but I think some of it is people DC'ing

Haven't had much time to play yet, but noticed desync seems to happen a lot more in 1.7.2. Zombies aggro much easier to sound/visuals, but from less distance due to gunshots. Also having issues with hitbox on guys attacking me (same with a friend) despite the noticeably better FPS, think zombies are being considered inside you and your gun going through them? Had no problem taking down zeds attacking my buddy.

Oh, definitely had the same issue with a player's corpse disappearing when he DC'ed-- some guy wordlessly bumrushed into the fire station we were exploring, we blew him away--saw the "_____ was killed"--but his body disappeared within seconds, despite the buzzing flies being audible from then on.

Oh that reminds me, is the "study body" supposed to be broken? All it ever shows is "His name was _____ it appears he died from" and then nothing. Same for people being killed by players, it never shows "____ was killed by _____", it just says "_____ was killed" on any server I go to. (Sorry, I'm a relative newb, been playing a week or so and just signed on to forums now to talk about patch gameplay)

Rocket and Co. - Please read page 46 of this thread and see how we're easily able to exploit the game currently. I've tried to register in the dev buglist thing but it's not working.