rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Any word yet if tents are still eating gear on server restarts / crashes ? ... also logged into a barn this morning to an instant bone snap and death ...glitch fall or bear trap ?

I've been noticing that 2 of the 2 players I killed after the patch immediately disappeared and sunk into the ground before I could loot them. :'(

• Like 1

New patch is great! There are few things I have issues with, but they will probably be fixed soon ;)

- First is the massive desinc all the time, I lost all my gear thanks to that and my mate lost it aswell, since zombies were hitting like hell but you was not able to see them

- Zombies spawn really close to the character resulting in permanent aggro

- Zombies aggro from way too far towards the char

For the rest I enjoy it and wait for the Hotfix :)

Hey just thought id add my input, After playing for an hour or two with 1.7.2 and beta 94700, While playing with a friend we both seen each other just standing in one spot running but not going anywhere, i tried to pick an alice pack up in a store at zelenogorsk, however i had to pick the stuff up underneath it which led to the "junk" just replicating in my inventory but not removing fom where i picked it up from so i wasnt able to pick the alice pack up, me and my friend both shot two animals one each, his being a sheep would not die we couldnt gut it at all, mine being a cow which died but disappeared straight away.

As for zombies, they are aggroing from way too far when you are crouch walking, yes walking not running, after 3-4 hits your legs break, you lose 3-400 blood a second and you pass out and die, this isnt realistic unless the zombies seem to have the power of superman or get an extremely lucky blow in which i fell over and cracked my skull open on a rock but id rather go for it being a bug :). also after going from standing up to crouch my visibility will drop from 120+ to 110+ then after 2 seconds it will drop to 80+ this is abit annoying as it seems to favour the zombies more so than the player by being visible longer than you should be.

I Hope this helps rocket and im sorry i dont know where to file a bug report too or where to even find the files to upload for you to look at.

This update has really affected my FPS positively.

Not for me.

+ massive desync.

Keep up the good work dayzteam. Love the mod.

My clan and I have also been experiencing massive desync, sometimes everyone on the server was at max desync, and other times even when there wasn't a red or yellow chain there was teleporting and skipping etc.

Had fun with a car at one point where one of us actually desync'd out of the car whilst it was driving along, and then proceeded to rapidly switch between standing on the road a few KM back or being in the car. That happened twice, had to disconnect to solve.

Other than that the FPS does seem to be more consistent, and doesnt seem to bog down as much as the server uptime increases.

Some bugs I noticed:

- Legs break very easily

- Massive de-sync

- Zombies spawn very close to you

- Stunned for no reason during login.

- Shooting a gun 40m away from zombies doesn't aggro them but taking a few footsteps does (lolwut?)

Edited by Paul

Anyone actually seen bear traps and where do they spawn? looked around for ever and seen none.

Again, I hear (and share) the frustration. Believe me.

I want everything to be easy, but it's not. The updates will always be hard. It will get worse before it gets better.

But after every main update, people come and say it is the worst update so far. If we rolled back, if we stopped expanding and pushing the limits -then this mod wouldn't even exist.

We have to keep going, it's going to be full of drama and difficulties and disaster. It will get much, much worse than this update.

But at the end, I think there will be a great game concept. And it take precisely this pain to get there. As I said there is a reason "standard" development hasn't produced this game.

Maybe I was a little hot when I wrote that. The update isn't bad, I mistook the Ghillie bug as ghillies being removed entirely. As for bear traps, I still believe they will only be a nuisance, but only time will tell. Let's see where the alpha takes us!

My friends who had ArmaX bought again the game through steam so they can play and they can after they lost all of their gear of course...

I have armaX . Do i need to pay again for this or should i wait some weeks for a fix ???

A buddy and I played for about 4 hours last night on one server. No issues at all. The first couple of servers were a little problematic. The one we settled on was a 94445 with 1.7.2 and everything was perfect (stability wise). He did have a zombie spawn virtually on top of him then break his leg once while he was prone and we had a couple extreme range aggros (but we WERE running though, so not too bad). FPS did seem better, but I still had some zombies come through walls at me (an interior wall next to stairs if that makes a difference.

I've been noticing that 2 of the 2 players I killed after the patch immediately disappeared and sunk into the ground before I could loot them. :'(

Same here, killed 1 player so far and his body disappeared insantly.

- A lot of the things that were meant to be improved are now even worse.

(Legs break easily, instant disappearing bodies and animal corpses, zombies spawning in front of you etc.)

Plus, zombies can hear a needle in a haystack from faaar away, yet they don't give a shit about a gunshot (most of the time)

/feedback

Other than that, good work. I don't know if it really is, but I think the game is a lot smoother.

Great idea to post specific instructions for everyone to see. You, sir, are a fucking genius. :)

You have to make the bug public, for it to be dealt with, and not become an EXPLOIT.

What would you suggest? giving some cryptic clues as to how to easily duplicate stuff over and over, say hey Dev's there's a huge game breaker happening, but you'll have to guess what it is.

Being as specific as i was is what the alpha community should be doing. You're finding bugs / exploits making them public and getting that loophole shut down. Or you are fishing deep through the clues to find the exploit to better yourself. Which one are you?

For people not sure what i posted. Check out Page 46 of this thread. Hopefully a dev will see it before too many others and either:

1) Stop people connecting to servers with the wrong version installed

2) Let them connect but not interact with the Zombies or up to date players and/or loot.

• Like 1

Those experiencing bodies vanishing upon pvp could just be running into dc'ers who leave when knocked out. For others talking about bear traps- they seem rare and they are the LEAST of our problems right now.

Major issues I've experienced:

1. Zeds spawning too close to players upon shooting

2. Spawns should occur 2 mins after gunshots (giving about 1 min or so to loot while area is cleared, then it's time to GTFO or face another horde. Fair, IMO.)

3. De sync is really causing hard rubber banding, and spawn/time warps

4 items collected during time warps vanish from player, including fresh blood transfusions

5. Server instability and hanging load screens

Positives from patch:

1. I like the detection now, for zeds should be able to see you from a distance when standing

2. Smoother when server is not lagging hard

3. Larger initial zed spawn numbers

4. Path finding for zeds improved making then walk straighter (not perfect)

5. Legs did not shatter upon being hulk smashed many times

6. Running from/ losing zombies is better atm.

So i try logging in today since the update and it seems that my l85A2 aws just vanished! I still have all my mags and shit but i had my makarov equipped when i logged in and the primary weapon slot is just empty. Then i tried to zoom in/reload/shoot my makarov but nothing is happening, my char is just standing there.. any suggestions beside killing myself? (tried other servers too, no effect)

I think that just means they DC'ed. I've successfully looted players in 1.7.2

any news for ARMA X users???

seem that anyone can play except them....

did you get the latest Arma 2 beta patch, and make sure to run the game with that exe?

any news for ARMA X users???

seem that anyone can play except them....

a buddy of mine plays with armax the hole time. 1.7.1.5 too. he just installed amra2 and operation arrowhead. maybe don't install the addons.

Bugs I've noticed so far in this update:

- Cows/sheep/boars have been disappearing almost immediately. 1 boar disappeared before I could gut it (I killed it when standing next to it). 1 Cow disappeared right after I gutted it. 1 sheep let me take all the meat, and then disappeared (normal behavior).

- I haven't seen a single vehicle (this is pretty common though. Although I did run through a large chunk of the map on multiple servers, checking normal hiding places). I think vehicles need to be more common and respawn sooner upon being wrecked (perhaps the next server restart?) I hope you guys fix it so you don't have to manually reset vehicles through the database.

- I've been murdered or shot at by everyone I've come across, assuming they were armed. (Maybe my humanity has gone super low without me knowing). This isn't really a bug, but more like a normal feature by now.

- Zombies have been spawning / teleporting too close to me.

I do like the new zombie behavior though (besides the spawning/teleporting too close). Easier to sneak by them if you pay attention to where they're looking, but they can see you if you're just standing in a road like a jackass 100m away.

Also, what does visibility mean in the debug menu? Is that how many meters away a zombie has a chance of seeing you?