rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Ok don't take this as whine please.

Is there any Arma X owner, which is able to get past the loading screen with 1.7.2. and 94700 betapatch?

I tried everything (reinstalling arma, sixupdater, copying gamespy, letting it load for 30 min, etc.), but the last 24 hours i am unable to connect to any server. I just want to know if there is any way to get it to run and if there is someone who can play with ARMA X and those patches, how did you manage to get it to run?

If it doesn't work, fine i can wait, but waiting with knowing that i can't do anything to fix it helps a lot more than trying to fix it for hours and banging my head against my monitor. :P

Ok don't take this as whine please.

Is there any Arma X owner, which is able to get past the loading screen with 1.7.2. and 94700 betapatch?

I tried everything (reinstalling arma, sixupdater, copying gamespy, letting it load for 30 min, etc.), but the last 24 hours i am unable to connect to any server. I just want to know if there is any way to get it to run and if there is someone who can play with ARMA X and those patches, how did you manage to get it to run?

If it doesn't work, fine i can wait, but waiting with knowing that i can't do anything to fix it helps a lot more than trying to fix it for hours and banging my head against my monitor. :P

I would just quit and wait for the hotfix :)

I'm sure it's been said before but I ain't trawling through 320 pages so I'll say it again!

Can you make it so that if you equip the hatchet as primary, your rifle moves to your tool belt? Not sure if it's possible to do and only allow one rifle in the tool belt.

It makes sense as you can carry both the other way around!

Also, if you drink a soda can, can it be replaced with an empty soda can in you inventory?

Cheers, keep up the good work.

No, it doesn't make any sense, no one ever carries a primary weapon on a toolbelt... WTF is wrong with you?

WTF I was thinking was as follows:

I can carry primary rifle in hand and have an AXE (yes, an axe, not a hatchet regardless of what it may be called in game) on my toolbelt (which to be fair is pretty unrealistic, but I'm not complaining because it's a mod).

Also I'm guessing that the reason Rocket hasn't already implemented the ability to put your rifle on you shoulder (or strapped to you backpack for that matter) while using your axe is due to a limitation in Arma 2 (I could be wrong, I'm no modder).

Now, to get a round this possible limitation, I've suggested that the rifle should move to your tool belt when you equip your axe as a primary weapon as I guess that this can be done as it's already being done like this for the axe.

As I stated in the original post, my concern would be that you could add more than one primary weapon to the tool belt as that would obviously be a bad thing.

Next time you post please take your head out of you arse and think a little about the post you're replying to or, better yet, don't post at all unless it's constructive.

Edited by Mr_B.A.Baracus

It is extremely easy to duplicate items in this current patch - Happened to us by mistake. But this is what we've found as a group.

If you do not upgrade, from 1.7.1.5 and play on the 1.7.2 server, you can run around looting, shooting all that nice stuff, without any zombie aggro what so ever. You can also just jump back into a 1.7.1.5 server and have all your gear you had before you died. If a player was to shoot you.

Again, this was discovered by mistake by our group of players, one of the guys didn't update correctly, but was able to play. You can loot, and so long as you jump back onto a 1.7.1.5 server before dying in 1.7.2 it saves all your gear + location. This is obviously extremely easy to exploit rare loot spawns be it by server hopping through the barracks or simply running like a maniac. Then the clincher. once you have found the GPS, L85 etc etc. you go back to your 1.7.1.5 server it saves. you go back to your buddies and then simply respawn. They loot your phat lewts, while you simply abort, go back to any 1.7.1.5 server, you are spawned again with the full kit. rinse and repeat.

We didnt have an L85 etc but we did manage to easily duplicate a boatload of items. I'm seeing a lot of people "xxx was killed" over and over, so i'm assuming that we're not the only group to stumble upon this bug/exploit.

There is also one other HUGE exploit. Ghillie suits. If you stay on version 1.7.1.5, log into a 1.7.2 server and you're wearing the ghillie you have none of the issues we are facing when wearing it on 1.7.2. I.e no random spawns to the sea, no swimming indoors no warping around or respawns. What you do actually get is one HUGE advantage. because people in 1.7.2 can not see you. You are completely invisible They sometime can hear your footsteps, but not 100% of the time. and you can kill them. This has been tried and tested by ourselves to see what we can still actually do whilst not upgrading (after seeing the duplicating thing happen) This to me is almost more game breaking than the duping of the items, because there's nothing stopping some invisible ghillie guy following you back to your ents, vehicles. and raiding you, right while you stand there.

Great idea to post specific instructions for everyone to see. You, sir, are a fucking genius. :)

• Like 1

Great idea to post specific instructions for everyone to see. You, sir, are a fucking genius. :)

He's essentially bug-reporting. When errors like this occur it's good to tell people. Also, as for other players now doing it, I'm hoping Rocket will decide to have a reset of the master file when we jump into Beta.

Did you disable the mod while playing without it?

Try disabling beta Arma?

it is not a beta Arma problem... only Rocket's ^_^ (I always keep the last data files to be able to revert in case of.... well... what has happened lol...) Swapping back to 1.7.1.5 = everything works fine! (and can actually spawn Zombies around the map... just as civilians but still funny lol... and can set the zombies to play-able and have 'tag' matches xD)

but... the moment I updated to 1.7.2 the game fails to work for most non DayZ things (yay for a mod making it so that you can ONLY play the mod xD .... basically* )

Same here, using armax and cant connect to any Server Since 1.7.2...

In every update like this one, 1.7.2. Why do the rounds in my primary weapon and sidearm take up one slot each? is this a bug? How can a magazine be in a pocket and in a wapon at the same time?

That's just how ArmA 2 works, deal with it.

Zombie pathing while they chase seems to be more predictable once they are in 20m radius of me now and a lot less erratic as it was before, but their aggro distance is more unpredictable as it once was and they seems inconsistent in when they pick and choose to detect you.

I too also had problems with ghille suits and camo but that all part of testing a game.

I was wondering if it was possible for us to get a statement of what's actually going on right now in terms of hotfixes to be applied and what changes are implemented already on 1.7.9.2 so we can give you better feedback. For example I'm under the impression bear traps were supposed to be implemented in this patch but I have not found one so my current feedback would be "Bear traps do not spawn enough", but they obviously are not implemented. Basicly we need to know what's available to test for us at the moment, otherwise we can't give proper feedback.

I get the same.

VERY annoying.

[FIXED] The armoury does work if you disable DayZ as an expansion.

I believe this is a fix for people being able to spawn loot/vehicles into the game via scripting. I could be wrong though, it has been known.

Is the game unplayable for anyone else since the update? Still just constant disconnections, having to wait ages to login etc. Very frustrating. How do they fuck up an update quite this badly?

Some ppl having the loading problem, this might help fix it.

it work on me and other friends.

Launch game not with Six updater but with Six Launcher and it might fix it for you too.

i used to launch game with 6 updater and it happened the same problem until i launch it from 6 Launcher and that got it fixed.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Is the game unplayable for anyone else since the update? Still just constant disconnections, having to wait ages to login etc. Very frustrating. How do they fuck up an update quite this badly?

You're a tester, you tell us.

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes.

This is still not fixed. Animals still disappear immediately after I've gutted them. Also, When killing a Goat, upon gutting it disappeared during the gutting. Preventing me from getting the meat.

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

The animals I've seen all seem to be walking around, however sometimes they seem the move slightly backwards after each step.

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

I've been hit about 50 times so far and haven't haven't had a broken leg yet, so it would seem this worked.

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading

Still requires a reload.

I think this has been mentioned, but I originally had a Ghillie Suit. Upon spawning in, I no longer had it.

After killing about 5 infected near a large metal barn, after about 15 secs 4 more more had spawned around me (Not agroed), one within 5m. My FPS also seems generally more stable.

I was able to login without trouble, using Six Launcher/Updater.

Edited by RiseAgainstWhat

I seem to be getting massive fps lag at times, had to log out once to get it back to normal. After that it happened a couple of times but didn't stay. Seemed to happen mostly when I was entering an open field from a forest, but then again most of the times it was okay, so don't really know what that's all about. Running 1.7.2 and the newest beta patch 94700. (on a server with both active)

Love the new zombie detection method btw, now you actually have to plan your routes so that you don't cross their field of vision....very nice indeed, stealthing through a town while crouched seems to almost always pull aggro now. Keep up the good work!

I've seen a goat running quite fast, but it was on the SE 3 / 1.7.2.1 test server.

Edited by Boitameuh
  • Like 1

I would really like to know what the visual value means, is measured in meters or something, or is it just a random value?

- Also, when picking a hatchet up with no primary weapon equipped, it gets placed in the toolbelt. When you do have a primary weapon equipped however it replaced the primary weapon in that slot instead, slightly annoying.

Edited by martinhjerpe

Exited my game back to the chat room so I could get some tea. Went back in, but got stuck on waiting for character to create. Tried a different server and am presented with the male/female dialog. I ALT-F4ed -- hoping this is a hive issue and my character didn't just get wiped.

Edited by harkonian

lost my gun and clothing, thats fucked.

Well, isn't that useful feedback on the update.