Sign in to follow this  
ZedsDeadBaby

ZedsDeadBaby's Ideas & Suggestions

Not a thread for discussion; simply a place for me to organize my contributions and link to in the future.

Thread: Player Identification and Classification System

Summary: A system allowing players to identify and categorize other players based on actual visual proximity.

Why: Unlike the bandit skin, this system gives power and responsibility to the players instead of the game engine. Players must make their own visual identifications, and can make their own judgements about player behaviors. A more immersive and authentic solution.

Thread: A Simple Solution to Loot Farming via Server Hops

Summary: Prevent loot farming by suppressing the ability of players to pick up loot after leaving one server and quickly joining another.

Why: Loot farming encourages server swapping which creates a lot of "blink in-blink out" experiences. This creates a lack of player persistence on a server, and drastically undermines tactical game play.

Thread: Let Players Synchronize GPS

Summary: Allow players to synchronize GPS units and share locations.

Why: A simple way for teams to stay organized if they are able to successfully acquire and keep GPS units. Interesting PvP side mechanics for "stolen" units.

Thread: Squad Identification

Summary: Let us wear hats, arm bands or backpack badges to identify squad mates.

Why: Self explanatory!

Prevent Spawn Point "Choosing" by Suicide

Summary: Bind players to a single spawn point until they reach 60 minutes of continuous survival time.

Why: Prevent players from artificially "choosing" a spawn point by killing themselves over and over. Improves immersion and accuracy of death statistics which will be skewed by the new "extended suicides" which will appear in 1.7.2.4.

Thread: Boat Hitches

Summary: Let us hitch boats and other water craft to land-based vehicles (other fun but less imporant vehicle suggestions).

Why: Boats are dead weight in the game as-is. Impossibly slow and impossible to hide. If we could take them out of the water and stash them somewhere, their utility increases dramatically.

Thread: Infected dogs

Summary: Infected dogs with variant behavior.

Why: Increase enemy variety, atmosphere, and downright awesome factor.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 18

+1 to all of these.

Some of the other ideas in the Boat Hitches thread are a little iffy (like mounting MGs like a technical) but other than that, I've loved all of these other threads.

• Like 1

Hi ZdB! What about making the military grade weapons more rare as it's now too easy to find them? Even without server hopping I found a ghillie, AKM, DMR, and Alice Pack in 2 hours of gameplay. What do you say about that? Doesn't it make civilian grade weapons useless? For example once you've got an AKM (and if you know where to find, it wont take you more than an hour), zombies are no threat to you any longer, so the zombie survival side of the game is gone by then. So the only threat now are other players and other players only. DayZ is about zombies and players, and with military grade weapons it doesn't matter if there are zombies or not. You really only look out for other players. DayZ minus zombie threat is normal Arma2 MP. Think about that.

I agree with all of these except the dogs. But the reason for that is because animals in all zombie/infection apocalypses tend to actually succumb and die before being able to reanimate because theyre bodies cant handle it. Resident Evil is ofcourse the exception but thats rez for ya...anyways! If any of you have read the Zombie Survival Guide (its just one example, i know the zombies in that are Romero style) but it says if animals are in contact with the virus theyre dead. nothing more. As for a 28 days/weeks i cant say what would happen as ive never seen an animal in those. but theres my reason hah

pretty great ideas

i hope Rocket will notice your suggestions.

I think I might have been drunk when I wrote up the dog suggestion.

It's more of a fluff bit anyway.

In fact I think rocket has already said he doesn't have plans for new "enemy types." At least not any time soon.

So ignore that one. ;)

I like the identifying suggestion for clans and squads, IMO everyone should start up with sutbley diffrent clothing which can then be customised.