howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

ylipb.png

Mumble: mumble.ragecagegaming.com:8770

Current Server Beta Version:

Current DayZ Version: 1.7.2.6

HOW DO I FIND YOUR SERVERS?

Be sure to filter your in-game server list by ragecagegaming.com or by our individual server names: US 9 or US 10. Alternatively you can join by IP address:

US 9: 74.91.122.239:2302

US 10: 74.91.122.232:2302

WHAT MAKES YOUR SERVERS SO SPECIAL?

We've been providing a place to play DayZ for the mod community since the middle of May. Our servers stay updated to the latest stable Arma 2 OA Betas and DayZ versions (usually updating DayZ within a hour of release).

We actively ban hackers and check logs for suspicious activity. Our regulars are active in reporting suspicious activities and we keep a running record and ban log of all hackers we come across. We also submit our findings to other server admins to help the community. I stay in constant contact with our servers to ensure the one of the best DayZ experiences.

As an admin, I'm active with the DayZ IRC channels and because of this, our servers will get to run experimental fixes to help provide debug logs for any issues that creep up with the mod or the hive code. (Don't worry, the server is plenty stable)

Last but not least, our servers reboot to help keep de-syncing and other issues at bay. Not to mention that our servers run on quality hardware and bandwidth for a great gaming experience.

CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR SERVER HARDWARE?

Sure thing! The server is hosted by Nuclear Fallout Servers and is housed in a data center in Chicago. The server is packed with the latest hardware and the bandwidth is purchased directly through InterNAP which provides high performance and reliability. The box is on a gigabit network connection and has the following specs:

Intel Xeon E5-2690

8GB DDR3 RAM

800GB HD

SSD Storage For Minecraft

WHAT ARE YOUR SERVER RULES?

No racial or other derogatory slurs (profanity is OK)

No hacking, exploiting or cheating of any form

No spamming VON or text chat

Most importantly of all, have fun!

Please understand the difference of playing the game and personally assaulting another player. DayZ doesn't always end up a friendly game. However, once an issue transcends the game and becomes personal, measures will be taken to resolve the problem.

WHAT ARE YOUR SERVER SETTINGS?

US 9 CHICAGO

Timezone: GMT+7

Difficulty: Veteran

Armor: ON

Name Plates: OFF

HUD: OFF

Waypoints: OFF

Crosshairs: OFF

Auto Aim: OFF

3rd Person: OFF

Death Messages: ON

VON Name: ON

US 10 CHICAGO

Timezone: GMT-6

Difficulty: Veteran

Armor: ON

Name Plates: OFF

HUD: OFF

Waypoints: OFF

Crosshairs: OFF

Auto Aim: OFF

3rd Person: OFF

Death Messages: ON

VON Name: ON

I LIKE YOUR SERVERS AND I WANT TO HELP. CAN I DONATE?

A donation link is available (

here). If you do not have a Steam ID, you may ignore it during the process.

You can also donate to the server directly here: https://www.nfoserve...inish@gmail.com - This link is provided as an alternative so you can donate in confidence and know that your money is going directly to keeping our server alive for all to enjoy. Money donated this way will not be tallied up on our website, however, as it is going through another system.

PREVIOUS DONATIONS

Monthly Server Cost: 79.99

$30.00 - May

$20.00 - May

$15.00 - June

$20.00 - July

$50.00 - July

WHY SHOULD I DONATE TO US 9 AND US 10?

Well, there's a short answer and a long answer to this. The short being that the server will last as long as I am able to sustain it. I'm a recent college graduate and I put all my spare time in providing a great gaming environment. Donations will ensure the constant operation of this server as this is coming out of my paycheck (and what I have left, to student loans).

The long answer is that I'm running this out of small pockets. The community that I head has been very helpful and has been contributing what they can to keep the server alive, but they can't do it alone. We're not a clan, just a group of guys and gals that love playing games. Anything from League of Legends, to Left 4 Dead, to APB and more.

We welcome all of you to join us in mumble to find out what we are really about. We like to hang out, shoot the breeze, and enjoy a common hobby. As a whole, we want to share that passion with the DayZ community.

I started this server in hopes that it furthers a project like this. I like being able to provide a service to fellow gamers just like me. If you share that same mindset, it would be wonderful if you could contribute. The smallest amount goes a long way in ensuring the future of this server.

If donations exceed expectations, you can bet Rage Cage Gaming will offer a second quality DayZ server, as well as a mumble server with more available slots.

WHAT THE HECK IS MUMBLE?

Mumble is an open source alternative to ventrilo and teamspeak. Quite honestly, it also runs better than both. Audio is processed much quicker and there is less delay between conversation.

This can mean the difference between surviving and being on the receiving end of a bandit's bullet.

IS YOUR MUMBLE SERVER PUBLIC?

Why yes it is!

Come on in and use it. It's much better than the in game VOIP. And if you have a dedicated group of people you roll with in our server, we'll make a channel, just for you.

SERVER NEWS

7/17/2012

US 9 has been officially launched as our second server. Enjoy!

6/27/2012

There was a brief outage today as the master database was taken down around 5:00pm central time. The hive is back online and our server is as well.

6/23/2012

Automated server shutdowns and messages have been added.

6/20/2012

Restarting the news section after the forum wipe. We are updated to 1.7.1.5 and beta 93965. We're hoping the increase in performance will allows us to push the player cap further.

5/25/2012

Setup processes so any admin can restart the server if you guys are having problems. Be sure to let admins know if you're suffering from any de-syncing or performance issues. We are refraining from auto restarts every 6 hours as we don't have a method to properly warn our players before server shutdown.

We may implement an auto restart at a specific time in the future, but that is yet to be determined.

5/22/2012

Server now runs the beta patch and enforces clients to use it as well.

5/18/2012

Server was down for some configuration maintenance. It is now up again.

5/17/2012

Server is finally up and functional after a few days of database turmoil. If the server goes down and comes back up, chances are it's a restart by the devs for updates or by me to maintain performance.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer
  • Like 5

Great server, no problems and no connection issues. I love that it is a veteran server. i believe it adds to the feel of the game. come check it out, you will have a good time.

Spiker is apart of Rage Cage Gaming, just to let you all know that we aren't about tooting our own horn. He's legit happy with how the server runs and was stoked when he heard the server we setup wasn't going to be easy mode. :)

I'm also posting to say that I updated the OP with more information about us and the mumble server.

Great server. Had fun playing on it yesterday and can't wait to play on it this weekend.

Thank you for the good words so far guys. I try to run a tight ship. Glad to hear experiences have been positive thus far.

Update - 5/26/2012

We are in the progress of increasing the resources for Chicago 10, there will be a slight extended downtime while this change happens.

Estimated time of outage is 30 minutes. We're sorry for the delay.

EDIT: Looks like it's taking a bit longer to move than expected. May be down for 30 minutes more :(

EDIT 2: Server move complete, server is in the process of doing chkdsk because of the size change. Instead of forcing it to stop, I'm going to let it finish.

Love the server, no connection problems and if it gets laggy the admin is always around for a nice ol' restart. :D Best server I've played since i started playing Day Z.

Thank you for the kind words FailBoatin.

The server is now back up, sorry for the delay there. Our server files had to be moved to a new dedicated server to facilitate the change in resources. That caused the extra downtime.

Does RageCageGaming have a clan tag?

My [TGW] mates were saying that a group tagged [LL] were claiming ownership of Chicago 10 last night in-game.

Can I be unbanned, I was joking with some other guy from a community I'm affiliated with and we might have said a shortened version of the n word in a joking form. I dident even pass the limit of 2 racial slurs, there is a 3 time warning on your server. Basically we were roleplaying urban gangsters and we apologize for this.

Does RageCageGaming have a clan tag?

My [TGW] mates were saying that a group tagged [LL] were claiming ownership of Chicago 10 last night in-game.

We do not have a community tag no. The only admin that wears a tag is Crooked' date=' but that isn't our clan either. Any admins that join the server should be announced by BEC (unless it glitched).

I am looking to create a sqaud.xml at some point though.

Can I be unbanned, I was joking with some other guy from a community I'm affiliated with and we might have said a shortened version of the n word in a joking form. I dident even pass the limit of 2 racial slurs, there is a 3 time warning on your server. Basically we were roleplaying urban gangsters and we apologize for this.

I'm sorry, but the ban will not be reversed. I have the chat logs saved from this and you guys caused a bit of disruption with the usage of racial slurs. Two of them still decided to chime in after the warning. Even though you may have been the one that stopped, as a whole your community acted unprofessional (Unprofessional probably isn't the best word here, but you get my drift).

That type of "roleplaying" is unacceptable for our environment.

Okay I will keep that in mind if you ever change your mind, but you must understand that I can't control what the community I'm affiliated with does.. 30,000+

Just wanted to thank those of you that have started to join us in mumble; the more the merrier. Likewise those of you that have given donations are lifesavers; now Lazer won't try to guilt me into helping to pay for it.

I like this server, I go to it when I can for a full beta experience. Yet to find anyone yet though, high hopes.

Hey guys because of the breach today, we're going to do a complete overhaul of the server, just to make sure we aren't affected. I'll try my best to have it up and running again by 9:00pm central time.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just want to make sure we have a secure and stable server for all to play on. :)

EDT: The DayZ team has posted about the breach here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9123

Hey guys because of the breach today' date=' we're going to do a complete overhaul of the server, just to make sure we aren't affected. I'll try my best to have it up and running again by 9:00pm central time.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just want to make sure we have a secure and stable server for all to play on. :)

[/quote']

Hey buddy! Your server is my favorite server, even if I JUST found a car for the first time and you brought the server down right afterwards. =P

I requested to be friends on Steam (I'm Aronax). I've got a few ideas and stuff about the server, and would love to donate.

Anxiously awaiting the server coming back up, thanks for a great one.

With the server breach and the overhaul, is the ping-limit still engaged? I'm seeing EU players with over 330+ pings playing here, it's kind of hard to do anything like protect yourself against them when they can just warp away and not be hit, or warp behind you and shoot you.

SOMETHING just happened on the server. Two offroad pickup trucks spawned at our camp. Apparently a bunch of people just got killed out of nowhere. I think we have a hacker on the server...

AgentX is lost' date=' can you rescue him?

[/quote']

He might be stuck "outside" the map :( - Best I heard was to run in a certain direction (I think it was south east). But I can't confirm that will work.

It also looks like we're having master db issues again, checking with other admins to see if it is indeed the hive causing desync issues.

EDIT: Yup others are having issues as well

EDIT 2: Server will be down until issues with the hive are fixed. We are unable to connect to it (as well as other admins) :(

Server has been up and running since last night. I've been monitoring things and it looks like the master server had it's routing issues sorted out. Other admins were reporting things working on there end as well. :)