Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

DayZ Commander [Download/Update DayZ, Join Servers, Save Favorites, Find Friends] (Unofficial Six Alternative)

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#401 lekima

lekima

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Hey, I just created this account for the sole purpose of expressing my thanks to you.

I ran the game just fine using Six Launcher but DayZ Commander looks way better so I decide to switch.

This should be the default launcher of DayZ since the UI is much more user-friendly, it also determines the ping faster (like immediately) and has a nice integration with Steam as well. I really hope that Rocket will take this into consideration.

Very good work I must say. Thank you.

Edited by lekima, 26 July 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#402 dotjosh

dotjosh

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hey, I just created this account for the sole purpose of expressing my thanks to you.

I ran the game just fine using Six Launcher but DayZ Commander looks way better so I decide to switch.

This should be the default launcher of DayZ since the UI is much more user-friendly, it also determines the ping faster (like immediately) and has a nice integration with Steam as well. I really hope that Rocket will take this into consideration.

Very good work I must say. Thank you.

I never get tired of all the positive feedback I've been getting. Thank you sir.
DayZCommander Creator
http://www.dayzcommander.com

#403 subjectx

subjectx

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Maybe you'll need to filter which servers had nice/er ping in previous pinging attempt and ping those first. For example, with my filters I only get around 60 servers that are usable for me. Ping those with 4 at the time and show pings. The rest can be 2-1 at the time. Try to ping recent/favorites first in this selection. Since you are using threads, recent/favorites should be joinable in a second after update, while other servers are still updating in the background.

Cancel updating if I double click on a server before threads are done.

Also, dont query master server each time you run commander, try to save servers once they are downloaded and only re-query on demand. You can ping old list with priority written above. If user is not happy with that, he can still click refresh servers, not just re-ping servers..

It also prevents users for having troubles with joining servers when GameSpy is down..

BTW, I have same problems with "shitty" router, but my router costs $160 and its upgraded with DD-WRT and really tuned like it should be. I'm a IT administrator, running some VPN tunnels and whatnot, so my stuff is usually up-to-date.. Maybe some of the ppl dont notice the router hickup. I do because I have two screens and I browse the web meanwhile I'm pinging servers.

But other then that, keep up the nice work. Didn't manage to check your code, maybe I can pitch in some more suggestions.

Also, I hope you enjoyed beer:D

Edited by subjectx, 26 July 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#404 MorOs

MorOs

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Not sure if it's a problem on my side, but no servers are appearing when I start the program. I've turned off all filters and checked/updated my stuff but nothing is coming up.

Any ideas why?

I've been using the program for about 3 days now and I've had no troubles before this.

Edit: Just read that servers are down... maybe that's why.

Edited by MorOs, 26 July 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#405 subjectx

subjectx

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

It's not DayZ related, just GameSpy maintenance.

#406 okarr

okarr

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

why do six launcher and dayzcommander not seem to have the same server list?
whenever i play with friends that use six launcher i am pretty much forced to use it because they always seem to pick a server DayzC doesnt find.

i love commander i want to use it exclusively :(

Edited by okarr, 26 July 2012 - 08:03 AM.

#407 subjectx

subjectx

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Well, DayzC has better filters, which mean that filters between you and your friend doesnt match. Also, I think both use different kind of procedure to ping server, which means that ping times are different.

Try to filter by name, not by ping value ascending. Server list is the same for both programs, only filters can filter out servers that do not show for one of you.

And get your friend to use DayZC, so you can use friends option :P

#408 okarr

okarr

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

with all filters off i cant see for example DE 263 on dayzC while i can in six. there is a lot of others that simply dont show up.
yea trying to get them to use commander but its no use when you log in and they are all already online :D

edit: actually never mind :D i just noticed that if i put max ping slider all the way to the left i ll get the full list :D... doh

Edited by okarr, 26 July 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#409 subjectx

subjectx

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Like I told you:D
  • okarr gave their beans

#410 Barronism

Barronism

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAlbany, Oregon

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Thanks DotJosh, the ping reducer option helped a lot. I still crash when I first open it up, but now I can load the servers and use it without it constantly crashing my net.

Way better than Six!

Vida Maravillosa ------------- Illogically logical.
Posted Image

#411 Ninjawaffles

Ninjawaffles

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hey, I was wondering if there could be a little addition into the upcoming versions of DayZ Commander. My friends and I like playing DayZ, and finding our servers using DayZ Commander. All of the options are perfect, except we like to play on Veteran servers. I know that servers put their difficulties in the name, and filtering through DayZ Commander is just as good, but as the time is read, and other stuff, is it possible to make a drop-down list that would allow the player to select from: "Recruit, Regular, Expert, Veteran." This would be a good addition to me. I don't know if other's would find much use of it, but I would. :D

Thank you,
Ninjawaffles.

#412 tenzomonk

tenzomonk

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

good stuff!!! big thanks dotjosh!

#413 dotjosh

dotjosh

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hey, I was wondering if there could be a little addition into the upcoming versions of DayZ Commander. My friends and I like playing DayZ, and finding our servers using DayZ Commander. All of the options are perfect, except we like to play on Veteran servers. I know that servers put their difficulties in the name, and filtering through DayZ Commander is just as good, but as the time is read, and other stuff, is it possible to make a drop-down list that would allow the player to select from: "Recruit, Regular, Expert, Veteran." This would be a good addition to me. I don't know if other's would find much use of it, but I would. :D

Thank you,
Ninjawaffles.

I just really felt it's easier to filter based on the settings that each of those modes provides you with. Every feature I add can potentially make the UI more complicated than it needs to be. The difficulty setting are somewhat meaningless because server admins can override individual settings anyways, which is why I break them all out.
DayZCommander Creator

#414 heresy

heresy

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

You know what dotjosh, this is the real deal. Kudos for all the hard work!

#415 heresy

heresy

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Btw, just got an idea regarding launch parameters options. I know it's a rather weird feature to ask for, but since you already have the windowed mode toggle there, is fhere a way for DayZC to modify the settings .ini of Arma 2 to tweak the windowed mode resolution and set it to the monitor resolution?

Most people don't use windowed mode even if they wanted to because Arma2 defaults it to something silly like 640x480 if I'm not mistaken and they don't know how to set it up manually. On top of that the actual parameters in the settins file are extremely unfriendly to change, because there's also x and y pixel coordinates and the size of the windows is not identical to the monitor resolution (meaning if they wanted full screen windowed, they would have to enter lower numbers depending on border margins and shit).

Just a thought I wanted to share. Thanks for all your heavy lifting dude, great work!

#416 dotjosh

dotjosh

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Btw, just got an idea regarding launch parameters options. I know it's a rather weird feature to ask for, but since you already have the windowed mode toggle there, is fhere a way for DayZC to modify the settings .ini of Arma 2 to tweak the windowed mode resolution and set it to the monitor resolution?

Most people don't use windowed mode even if they wanted to because Arma2 defaults it to something silly like 640x480 if I'm not mistaken and they don't know how to set it up manually. On top of that the actual parameters in the settins file are extremely unfriendly to change, because there's also x and y pixel coordinates and the size of the windows is not identical to the monitor resolution (meaning if they wanted full screen windowed, they would have to enter lower numbers depending on border margins and shit).

Just a thought I wanted to share. Thanks for all your heavy lifting dude, great work!

Pretty good idea actually, not high priority, but I'll see what I can do.
DayZCommander Creator

#417 JaTochNietDan

JaTochNietDan

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Okay, I was wrong about my new router firmware fixing it, it didn't. Still having the issue.

Though I do have a solution for people like me anyway, just add an option so that you don't refresh the entire list instantly when the application loads. I like to use DayZ Commander just to join favourites etc and if I find a new server I can decide to take the dive and lose connection for a few seconds when I want to, instead of it being a certainty when you're starting the launcher.

Hope that makes a bit of sense, will be getting a new router/modem soon though because this one is stupid :P

#418 Boyos

Boyos

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNever will I tell where my Mt. Dew is!!!!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

This is amazing compared to six launcher!!! Great work, love the friend finder, fave servers and filters. Amazing work. Also love your stats on who is using Wich beta version/dayz version.

#419 daedrick

daedrick

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

What about the beta patch? Can we have an easily tickable box that both update to the latest beta patch and launch the game using the beta patch? Also, can it show us as playin arma on steam?
DAYZ Froggers, is an organised group that roam cherno, looking for loot and action, see the link below.
http://steamcommunit...ps/DayzFroggers

#420 commie

commie

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

When I use DAY Z Commander and Six Launcher, for some reason it completely shuts down my net. As in, can't load websites. Can be on things like Trillian ( instant message ) Team Speak, Skype ect.. But going to a website, just won't load. Only when these two program are up.

Anyone else have this issue?
Posted Image