pr0cess

DayZ Creator Ponders a Free-to-Play Standalone Version

Free to play? PLEASE GOD, NO!

Anything free to play is bound to be terrible. I would gladly pay 60 bucks to buy the full version of this game.

I would pay a monthly-payment if needed just to keep cheaters away from the game. Or at least to make em loose money.

DayZ should be built on an entirely new engine, and Bohemia should give rocket a new department to work in with a small team, and create a stand alone version on a better game engine, for example Euphoria i would part with £40 to play this game, or you could even charge a monthly fee, the F2P model hardly ever works for a game.

The problem was, at the mere mention of the word "free to play" the journo's all went giddy and stopped writing anything else down :)

I probably could have made the point clearer, I guess.

It's been perfectly clear to me for a long time. You've mentioned the minecraft model for months now, and I prefer that model myself. Some people have cotton in their ears.

rocket wants a stand alone from the arma 3 engine but BI are going to want to piggy back sales of arma 3 on dayz sucess, no doubt.

Well, it seems to me that BI will ruin this for a lot of people to earn the highest amount of money. I also bought Arma because of Dayz and I don't think it's a bad thing. This mod widely expanded the player count for BI. And BI would be stupid not to capitalize of this. But I just hope they won't do it over our backs. Paying again for the same game is rubbish! Ok, charge it. Make it a one-time-pay and give the players that play now some kind of a discount. If another game studio used DayZ idea and then charged for a game - I'd buy it if it were good. But since a lot of us already gave our money to BI because of this mod, it should be only fair not to make us give more money unless we get some kind of a deal.

20€ is ok for someone living in USA, or better countries in EU, or somewhere... I live in f*ckin' Croatia, I gave up a weeks worth of cigarettes to buy this.

Read the whole post. I paid BI for Arma 2 to be able to play DayZ. The MOD made me a player and a BI customer. Now if BI releases DayZ as a standalone, then I, as many others, will pay again to play the same thing. I did not even try and play story mode in Arma or OA. I bought it, installed DayZ and that's it.

I'm not saying Arma is a bad game, but it didn't attract me as a player. DayZ made me want to buy Arma in a heart-beat. And for that - I would have to pay two times for the same thing.

It's like you owned a car. Some guy just made a sweet looking and sounding custom exhaust for it, which you bought. Now the company that made that car sees the potential and launches a car with that exhaust as stock part, takies away your exhaust and makes you buy the whole car if you ever wanted to have that exhaust again.

Because most of these people are brain-dead and somehow imply that ARMA 2=/=Day-Z, which is wrong.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaa

Oh my god I got tears in my eyes.

yea your right sure buddy. Dayz is free, anyone who thinks otherwise and retarded I normally don't insult this bad but come on.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaa

Oh my god I got tears in my eyes.

yea your right sure buddy. Dayz is free, anyone who thinks otherwise and retarded I normally don't insult this bad but come on.

if you paid a dime for dayz you got completely ripped off. if you're referring to having to purchase arma 2 in order to play dayz, there's a whole campaign, multiple stand alone missions, and an extremely powerful mission editor that you paid for (and, judging by your reaction to his post, probably haven't even checked out) and is called arma 2. not to mention lots of free mods and missions available (check out armaholic sometime).