grandpa_smuckers

MERGED: Everything poop and pee

I thought of this earlier today when I was outside peeing. I realized that I had to be slightly stealthy so as not to alert the neighbors of my public urination.

Wouldn't it be interesting if every 2-3 hours you had to stop and pee. I think it would greatly increase immersion due to the fact that you would have to be cautious of your noise level, you would be nearly defenseless during the act, and concerns of location (possible health effects?).

I know this may be a little much to suggest, but I just thought it was interesting and wondered what you folks might think.

I believe DayZ could potentially be one of the few games in which a natural bodily function such as urination could be taken seriously.

All of that life giving water must go somewhere.

If this was to be the case, at least for the sake of realism allow the zombie to be able to smell your urine to attack.

If this was to be the case' date=' at least for the sake of realism allow the zombie to be able to smell your urine to attack.

[/quote']

something along those lines would be great. i feel like it's safe to say that a zombie would be attracted to strong human scents such as blood, vomit, urine, etc.

that would go along with location.

when suddenly you or a party member realizes that there is a pack of zombies behind you, you can blame the guy that decided not to pee before they got into town.

also there could be a wet texture that lasted for x amount of time and could be used as a footprint for enemy players.

perhaps there could even be stages of bladder irritation. this way you can't just ignore it forever. perhaps during the first stage there were no negative effects, second stage and it could have a minor shake that would slightly hinder your aim, and third stage would slow down your movement or something.

it would also be pleasurable to stand atop great heights and pee on passerby and watch as they got mauled by hordes of zombies.

I can see the complaints already:

Stopped in a nearby village to take a whiz,as i whipped it out i was shot in the back of the head by a bandit.WTF TAKE IT OUT!

It just seems a bit silly that before you enter a village or city or something, someone will have to say 'Alright guys. I see about 50 zombies, and a group of bandits. Let's be careful out there. Don't forget to go peepee.'

I can see the complaints already:

Stopped in a nearby village to take a whiz' date='as i whipped it out i was shot in the back of the head by a bandit.WTF TAKE IT OUT!

[/quote']

Well obviously this person wasn't being very cautious. I would never pee out in the open in a place that I know an enemy could be lurking. We as humans know to go somewhere secluded whether we are being hunted or not.

Also, those bandits are going to have to pee sooner or later.

I can picture it now... You're stalking a group of bandits, one of them strays away to tinkle, you strike. What could be more satisfying than that?

It just seems a bit silly that before you enter a village or city or something' date=' someone will have to say 'Alright guys. I see about 50 zombies, and a group of bandits. Let's be careful out there. Don't forget to go peepee.'

[/quote']

I understand how this could be silly, especially if you say "Don't forget to go peepee." Peeing can be a very lighthearted thing, but it is also a very real thing.

It doesn't have to be an extremely frequent thing, just something to be cautious of. Even if it was every other playing session, I feel it would add so much to the realism. I don't want to see it as people saying "oh did you hear about that zombie game where you pee a bunch?" I would just like to see something that has never been done before.

Think about it, on average a human male urinates 7 times daily.

You hear all of these excellent stories about peoples' lives in the media, but they almost never mention this. Why not start now? It is just something every single person in the entire world does. I'm sure some of the greatest survivalists have to be very careful about where and when they go "number one".

I also feel it could add to the overall "manliness" of the game. Out in the woods, carrying guns, peeing on trees, killing people. It just sounds right.

I could just be insane.

I feel that the need to shit and piss should be a feature. The excretions should be trackable both by zeds and players. You get close to a spot where someone just dropped a fat poo log? You get an icon on your screen indicating that your character is thinking "JESUS CHRIST SOMETHING SMELLS LIKE SHIT". If you fail to drop a deuce on the ground, you'll shit yourself. Zeds will be all over your smelly ass, and you'll be trackable by players. Same thing with pissing yourself, although it'd be a smaller effect.

...Obviously this is not high on the mod team's list of things to do, and I'm partly making this post in jest. However, I really would appreciate an excretion system.

• Like 1

Not sure adding this would be useful to gameplay. Not sure we want to go done this rabbit hole, once you have thirst and urination and dehydration all in the same game, the next small step is for players to be able to drink their own or someone else's urine to survive.

So really, do we want to play a game involving drinking urine?

Maslow’s pyramid of hierarchical needs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Hierarchy

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is often portrayed in the shape of a pyramid, with the largest and most fundamental levels of needs at the bottom, and the need for self-actualization at the top.[1][6]

Physiological needs

For the most part, physiological needs are obvious – they are the literal requirements for human survival. If these requirements are not met, the human body simply cannot continue to function.

Physiological needs are the most prepotent of all the other needs. Therefore, the human that lacks food, love, esteem, or safety would consider the greatest of his/her needs to be food.

Air, water, and food are metabolic requirements for survival in all animals, including humans. Clothing and shelter provide necessary protection from the elements. The intensity of the human sexual instinct is shaped more by sexual competition than maintaining a birth rate adequate to survival of the species.

Maslow created his hierarchy of needs from an individualistic perspective, being that he was from the United States, a highly individualistic nation.

Snip

Not sure about you' date=' but if comes down to survival or dignity, the people dying off can be as proud as they want. I'll be living, though.

Also, meet Bear Grylls. A man (memetically) famous for drinking his own urine to survive.

I think it would be an interesting feature, but not something that should be implemented for a while. The thought of "marking" someone from a high tower to draw zombies from your position made me laugh, but the opposite (missing) and drawing even more zombies beneath your position might not be worth the risk.

the idea ain't acutally that bad. yeah it's a great idea actually! if you had to go to pee. but it should not attract the zombies... it should be just another necessity... with a nice animation and sound.... :D

i totally support this, its a good idea and hilarious too :D

imagine you have to cover your friend while hes peeing

piss every 2 - 3 hours? why so often?

why only piss' date=' why not shit too?[/align']

Those figures were based off of an average I had found on the internet.

I think it is safe to say that peeing is more socially acceptable. Honestly, I would love to see fecal matter ingame. I think that the likelihood of that happening versus urine is highly unlikely.

piss every 2 - 3 hours? why so often?

why only piss' date=' why not shit too?[/align']

Those figures were based off of an average I had found on the internet.

wut??

I think it all sounds a little silly. On the other hand I can see a potential in it! I can't recall any game where you need to 'relief' your self, probably something to do with aesthetics (or some fancy word).

Such an implementation could be a unique feature and create a lot of attention in the whole gaming community.

wut??

I think it might have been somewhere on here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination

I think it all sounds a little silly. On the other hand I can see a potential in it! I can't recall any game where you need to 'relief' your self' date=' probably something to do with aesthetics (or some fancy word).

Such an implementation could be a unique feature and create a lot of attention in the whole gaming community.

[/quote']

My thoughts exactly.

I think the uniquely abrasive realism would cause a lot of buzz from different groups of people, gamer and non-gamer.

It is all about subtlety, it shouldn't be an over-the-top, in your face type feature.

As far as being silly, it could be benefitial both ways. On one hand you have mature players that are capable of understanding the reality of human excretion, and on the other immature players can find great pleasure from childishly peeing to and fro.

There is, however, a sort of safety feature from users griefing this feature and making a mockery of the seriousness DayZ offers, frequency.

Immature players will not be able to constantly pee everywhere and on everything it would be as frequent as an actual human being could.

Also, if someone wants to pee just to be funny, they might not be laughing as much when zombies jump out of the bushes and tear them limb from limb.

This is a great idea. I'd like to see tactical sh*ts added in as well. Think about it: you've just eaten an entire cow, but you didn't cook it thoroughly, so now you have E. Coli. Unless you get some antibiotics quick, you'll die. But you'd be really sick. So you would have to run to the nearest hospital, all the while stopping to vomit and explode out your backside. While doing this, you are completely vulnerable and zombies can smell your excrement within a 200km radius. I think this would be a great addition and really add to this already EXTREMELY realistic game. That would be so cool!

No, just no. We already have eating and drinking, we do not need everything we, the players need to do in real-life to be added to this game. Line has to be drawn somewhere and i think it's fine as it is.

Even though I like the idea and had a great laugh reading all the posts I have to agree with Qla plus the players will absolutely find a way to abuse this. peeing on dead bodies or other people for example. But if it was there I wouldnt really mind but dont think its needed or important.

Also I dont think this mod will need something like this to attract attention, its already a phenomenon and Im very glad I can witness it day by day.

I understand the want for an immersive experience, but this really seems stupid to me.

It's artificial.

What do you get from doing this? It's just a boring half minute break from gameplay. Adding this to the game will not increase the level of fun, but rather the level of tedium.