Satan (DayZ)

FN FAL ANPV S4 Nightvision can't be turned off

Date/Time: Found the FN FAL ANPV S4 yesterday, as far as I know it's been like this for everyone with that gun.

What happened: I tried out the scope and the nightvision didn't turn off when I pressed "N". Later on another server the nightvision was somehow turned off, but once I enabled it I couldn't turn it off again.

Where you were: The bug has nothing to do with location.

What you were doing: Raiding a helicopter crash site.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: The bug happens on every server.

*Your system specs: Nothing to do with specs.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Raided heli crash site, found weapon, tried the scope, nightvision didn't turn off.

I want to know if this is really a bug or not. I had one of these guns 2 days ago, but I had no luck in changing the sights mode. I assumed it couldn't be changed, but if as reported above the NV was turned off once by default, maybe it is supposed to be toggleable? That would make the gun actually useful.

As it is now, I am just blinded most of the time for aiming down the sights at night. Can't navigate using the sights. Maybe it's useful for those with normal NVG's and designated spotters, etc.

You can't turn it off. The gun is useless during the day, sorry. Either stick to night servers, or toss it for a regular FAL or a different gun. I know, it sucks, but that's how the original ArmA developers made the gun to be.

I did actually have the nightvision off at one point, which is really strange. That's why I made this thread. I'm also pretty sure you can toggle between heatvision and nightvision in arma2.

Apologies if im talking out of my ass but i recall just a day or two ago playing regular Arma 2 generated combat mission and using that gun and another with thermal and toggling the NV/Thermal on/off.

You cannot turn the night sight on and off. This is not a DayZ bug' date=' this is an arma 2 feature.

[/quote']

You can toggle nightivision on/off with the rangefinder.

I have the FN FAL ANPV S4 and have had it for many days now. As stated, you cannot turn the night vision off - its a night vision scope.

Occasionally it will be off by itself - this is just a quirk of the game. Hit N to turn it on and it goes back to usual. If you leave it off, log off and come back, its back on.

Keep it for night time usage, and get a second primary to use during the day. Or ditch it and have something else.

You can only switch between night/thermal on guns that have both, such as the L85 AWS.

You can only switch between night/thermal on guns that have both' date=' such as the L85 AWS.

[/quote']

Like Nuingaer said, the L85 AWS is the only one with a toggle scope. The Advanced Weapon Sight has night vision and thermal capabilities.

You can only switch between night/thermal on guns that have both' date=' such as the L85 AWS.

[/quote']

Like Nuingaer said, the L85 AWS is the only one with a toggle scope. The Advanced Weapon Sight has night vision and thermal capabilities.

Not only can you toggle between the two. You can not turn them off to make it into a normal scope.