drewmaw

Binocular Zoom

In real-life most military binoculars are zoom binoculars. Zoom binoculars exist in real-life for civilians as well, and are quite cheap in comparison to their increased usefulness. It is highly probable, with all the dead military around the DayZ map, that military grade binocs are circulating.

1.) Zoom Binocs: It would be nice if we could zoom in and out using the binoculars. The zoom intensity appears to be 140x, which is useful is only a small amount of situations. I believe zoom binocs exist in ARMA 2. Having non-zoom binocs, makes it so that I rarely use binocs, but I'd love to use them all the time!

2.) Nightvision/Zoom Binocs: Usefulness x2, and also realistic and common among military grade binocs.

I would love to see some variety too.

Binoculars

monoculars

range finders (1x, 2x etc) (standard, lazer etc)

spotting scopes

unattached rifle scopes (less FOV)

variable zoom (1.5x, 2x, 3x, 4x)

Different functionality (standard, nightvision, IR, Heat)

Obviously some would be very rare but others life unattached 1.5x rifle scopes would be all over the place.

I would love to see some variety too.

Binoculars

monoculars

range finders (1x' date=' 2x etc) (standard, lazer etc)

spotting scopes

unattached rifle scopes (less FOV)

variable zoom (1.5x, 2x, 3x, 4x)

Different functionality (standard, nightvision, IR, Heat)

Obviously some would be very rare but others life unattached 1.5x rifle scopes would be all over the place.

[/quote']

I'm not sure that would be easy to do. But certainly easy to implement stuff that already exists in Arma, such as zooming/night-vision binocs. ;)

I'm not sure that would be easy to do. But certainly easy to implement stuff that already exists in Arma, such as zooming/night-vision binocs. ;)

it is allready in the arma 2 engine, the AS50 scope for example has a two-step zoom, (6x and 12x i think)

This is one of those things that could be made realistic, adjusting the analog focus of your binoculars and scopes for each individual eye by rotating the screws  that the lenses are attached to. Even if it would be a too much of a bother to make peoples eyes behave differently, like they usually do in real life, at least make it so that you have to turn one screw to adjust both of the lenses at the same time. Digital scopes are a different issue, and I dont have much experience with those, but they could be made to behave authentically as well.

Make binoculars and scopes spawn with random adjustment values.

Edited by TheSodesa

Topic was revived, from 2012 and regarding the mod, not SA.

Locked.

Edited by kichilron