Sign in to follow this  
Syphonz

Passengers shooting while driving

I know this is most likely not possible with the current engine, but would it not make sense to give the ability for a passenger to shoot out of a vehicle while the driver is driving?

I know it would be much harder then standard shooting (moving obviously), but it would give vehicle drivers some much needed protection, and, allow for more player interaction. 

Why? Cause you want to find someone to protect you while your driving, instead of just high tailing it by yourself. Maybe it wont work in the passengers seat for long rifles (not enough room to draw your weapon, or maybe it will, im not sure), but there isnt any reason the passengers in the V3S cargo truck couldnt shoot.

I know this is most likely not possible with the current engine, but would it not make sense to give the ability for a passenger to shoot out of a vehicle while the driver is driving?

I know it would be much harder then standard shooting (moving obviously), but it would give vehicle drivers some much needed protection, and, allow for more player interaction. 

Why? Cause you want to find someone to protect you while your driving, instead of just high tailing it by yourself. Maybe it wont work in the passengers seat for long rifles (not enough room to draw your weapon, or maybe it will, im not sure), but there isnt any reason the passengers in the V3S cargo truck couldnt shoot.

I would imagine this is something that they will add if it's possible to do, but I think the issues with desync for passengers render this impossible for now.

Enjoy your tinnitus

If the shots are being fired from the bed of the truck, the driver would be fine though.

Enjoy your tinnitus 

What? I can't hear you. i have a ringing in my hear. 

Sorry herro, couldnt hear your comment over the sass.

If you have kids high range hearing loss is a blessing "your're gonna have to stop whining so I can hear you sweetheart".

Shooting from the truck or even the ability would be cool, even if we have a cargo it's too risky to slow down around another player and give them the upper hand right now.

Ears ringing or temporary deafness for players in the cab would be a nice touch as well.  

Sorry herro, couldnt hear your comment over the sass.

I am sorry, it is a New Englander thing. We speak Sass first, Drunk second, and English third.

What is fun is when the three get mixed

Edited by Whyherro123

Devs confirmed a long time ago that this is something they were interested in doing ... It was even in the Dev tracker alongside a eugen harton tweet saying "rear view mirrors coming to a v3s near you" that was about three months ago ... Look alive forum brahjes and brahjettes, I thought you all were like totes legit on top of this stuff !

Pretty sure this is confirmed, but not on the horizon. "Confirmed" that they are going to try to do it, since it's not on the road map.  

Maybe like Arma3, adding it after launch.

Edited by Coheed_IV

Yeah Hicks even mentioned in PAX that they're looking for passenger even shooting the driver (unless I heard wrong and he said only that the passenger could shoot out). So firing for vehicles is in the to do list unless there comes some problems.