Wade84

Spawn location suggestion...

Hey guys, this is my first post so go easy...

I was thinking it might be good to be able to set up your own spawn location. Not as simple as just clicking on a city and bang, there you are. Maybe if you set up a tent or something it can become a spawn point?

I can see pros and cons but It would save hours of running to meet up with your friends.

when i first started the game and seen a tent i thought that was what it was for..

I know a lot of people will probably hate the idea. Maybe if the tent was still standing for a few days or so, then it might show up as a spawn point you can choose?

Rust has sleeping bags that you can leave in your base that become spawn points. I am not comparing the game to rust as I think Dayz is 100 times a better game. I'm just thinking something similar to the sleeping bags but not so easy to craft perhaps.

It would entirely collapse the idea of DayZ, the reason you get adrenaline is because, unlike other games, you have something on the line to lose. As many dirty things in life, it's better with a long build up!

Besides devs have a plan, as far as player progression goes. And it is based on environmental position (regions).

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2

what about spawning on the west coast near the prison island and the  Balota airfield.

what about spawning on the west coast near the prison island and the Balota airfield.

Too close to military loot spawns. That's why the NEAF was nerfed.

Ah........running around lost and helpless is part of the DayZ charm and so called permadeath wouldnt be an issue if you can respawn and gear up immediately.

• Like 1

No. People will respawn and gear up immediately by setting up tents near NWAF and similar locations, avoiding the long migration time westwards as you look for loot. They may also place tents right outside a combat zone and use them to respawn and go straight back to the fight.

Tents are designed for a hidden base and storage. They shouldn't be a respawn point.

Part of the excitement of the game is gearing up and facing the consequences of permadeath.  In DayZ, you actually have something to lose and that makes any player interaction that much more intense.  I enjoy playing 7 Days to Die, where you can lay down a sleeping bag that becomes your spawn point.  But I love DayZ.  It is a game that has sucked me in and I just keep coming back.  I think the ability to chose a spawn point would take away the part of the game that makes it so exciting.

I do agree with all of your comments. I'm just sick of running for hours. 

Well...to be honest I found it adrenalinic to login into a full server, leading my way sneaking and scavenging as much as I could to the North and get to raid north border cities (so full of loot at that time) and having to deal with backstabbers, bad shooters who can't kill a freshspawn with nothing but an axe and a bag, and having to hide more than once to survive ONE NIGHT RUN. Loved it. Spawn points just need to be articulated with a greater distance between each other but nothing more :)