Sign in to follow this  
Caatalyst

Musical Instruments

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already but it would be great to see some musical instruments added to the game. Now that base building and camping is starting to fall into place, I'd love to wack out the acoustic guitar and play a few tunes!

You could have keys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,= represent the notes (one octave). Lower ocatves for bass notes, mid range for say a guitar and higher octaves for something like a xylophone.

Let's face it, who needs a gun and a bag on there back when they could have an acoustic guitar? Make music not war.

• Like 1

Could be nice but not at this point of development I think...there are a lotta of things to be sorted first ;) still a nice idea imho

Concerts in Electro :D how awesome. And maybe implement a portable Tapedeck to record ingame sound. For shure you need a tape (worn), tapedeck and two batteries.

I too would love to see musical instruments implemented into the game. There is the question of how playing would be handled though...Rust has an interesting way of handling this, basically left click is a single note, right click is a chord, and the angle at which the player is looking decides the pitch (i.e. looking straight up gives a very high note, straight down is a very low note). Personally I'd rather have some system that allows people who actually know how to play in real life to play actual songs, but I'm not sure if a system like this is actually possible with a keyboard. Other instruments might be easier to program...a simple percussion instrument (a drum, tambourine, cowbell, etc.) would only require a few buttons to be played, and we'really already using a keyboard so I think a piano may be simple to control (and they're plentiful too, one in every piano house right now).

• Like 1

I want synthesizers for making apocalyptic raves.

You can get your Smoke on The Water on as soon as I can blast you in the face with my fire extinguisher.

While I don't see the point it be fun to play a guitar or get a clarinet and smack that guy who took you beans and play a tune at the campfire with a saxophone. But if any instruments get added the better be able to be used as melee weapons.

Could increase player interaction in a roundabout way.

I can get behind this.

Remember one thing. This is a multipurpose game, focused on a post apocaliptic survival situation, with zombies.

I come from D&D and Neverwinter Nights shards (the old one, not the mmo s**t).

It is kind of freaking useful for role play purposes...of course it fits less with the pvp / survival gaming itself...ij the end it's just that I love to pretend :P post apocaliptic bards composing how their clanmates are badass? Gimme now!!!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already but it would be great to see some musical instruments added to the game. Now that base building and camping is starting to fall into place, I'd love to wack out the acoustic guitar and play a few tunes!

You could have keys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,= represent the notes (one octave). Lower ocatves for bass notes, mid range for say a guitar and higher octaves for something like a xylophone.

Let's face it, who needs a gun and a bag on there back when they could have an acoustic guitar? Make music not war.

Please no...

I'm very pro musical instruments.

L

I'm very pro musical instruments.

L

I guess in some ways they would bring some joy to the game. For instance if I was making my way through the forests of DayZ and started to hear the musical tones of Kumbaya drifting through the trees I would know to follow the sweet sound of the music and take great delight in destroying every sucker sat around the fire.