Sign in to follow this  
Grant2600

Players joining my server and then instantly being disconnected.

Hey guys,

I have been running my server for a few dayz now and got a bit of traffic but not as much as I’d expect, I couldn’t see any more players in the player_data database so I assumed that no one else had tried to join. However I looked inside the serverlog file and found that infact a lot more players had been trying to join but being instantly disconnected, then I realised that server log doesn’t give me any details as to why they disconnected, so theres a possibility that they just clicked disconnect but I find it hard to believe that so many players would join and then change their mind instantly on the login screen.

I had a friend attempt to join before but something was up with the signing keys, when he joined through dayz launcher it worked fine. In total I’ve had about 8 people successfully join and play and about 20-30 join and instantly leave. In the server log when I look to the point at which the friend was disconnected because of the keys I can see that it says the exact same information as for other people who successfully joined and disconnected normally, this is how I suspect there is no way to tell on the server log if someone was removed because of file or version problems.

Server details if you’d like to attempt to join and report the outcome:

165.120.47.135:2302

It’s running Epoch 1.0.5.1

Any help is much appreciated