Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

weapons with attachments taking up more room

This may have been discussed, although u can't find it.

Why don't weapons that have attachments take up more slots? If I add a hunting scope, it sold require two extra slots at the top center.

So many people do this to free inventory space.

• Like 1

Some attachments yes, some, no.

For example, say I have mp5, fully kitted out.

I could see the scope yes, adding another two slots on the top. But, what if I have a folding buttstock? I could quite easily make it very compact. Or what about the rak? If that buttstock was collapsable, then I could have a VERY small automatic weapon that could very easily be fit into anywheres. 

EDIT: Pretty sure the rak isnt foldable in RL, but, my point remains :)

Edited by Syphonz

Some attachments yes, some, no.

For example, say I have mp5, fully kitted out.

I could see the scope yes, adding another two slots on the top. But, what if I have a folding buttstock? I could quite easily make it very compact. Or what about the rak? If that buttstock was collapsable, then I could have a VERY small automatic weapon that could very easily be fit into anywheres. 

EDIT: Pretty sure the rak isnt foldable in RL, but, my point remains :)

the PM63/73's stock is retractable. I don't think changing their position is a planned feature, because they'd also have to do it with the MP5K's stock, the standard M4A1 stock, 3/5 of the AK stocks, and the UMP45 stock.

However, I don't think it's an unreasonable feature to have certain attachments affect the weapon's size. If it happens it'll probably happen later in the game when all of the attachments and weapons are completed so that they know exactly what needs to be modified and what can be left alone (like the Mosin 9130, because you're not fitting one into a backpack)

agreed, this is a question of balancing. that will change deeply as soon as weight & stamina are in place - volume will be less important.

In addition, for large guns its only relevant when it comes to basestorage, as they dont fit anywhere else. Mp5 & rak would loose their role as sidearms if they didnt fit into backpaks any more.

if i attach a scope just to free space i have a disadvantage when it comes to unexpected close-combat.

really dont think that the current solution is much of a problem.

greets