MadMcardle

Mass Graves

I was just walking along the coast, pretty dark and couldn't see much as my flare ran out, was very close to falling off some rocks which made me think about some mass graves. I would presume that the police/military would have tried to "clear it up" some how to stop the infection so maybe some mass graves in some of the woods? Would be a pretty scary thing to be going through the woods, maybe escaping from someone and BAM you fall in a mass grave!

Anyway just a suggestion...kinda why I posted it here really :P

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I like it, and I too would like to see this in-game. There actually used to be something like this in-game. One of the underground "bunkers" at the military base north of Severograd actually had a large pile of zombie corpses visible. This might still be in actually, I had heard that these "bunkers" were removed a while back but I haven't been up there to check in a while.

They have mini mass graves ingame all ready. More like a pile of ruble with bodies laying about. I remember seeing one at one of the new schools right near the entrance. I took a screenshot. Ill upload later when im at my laptop.

edit:

2nret8k.jpg

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

At the wrecked bus on the south east point of the map across from Skalatisy Island as well. Junior and I might swing by the northern military base tonite will look and see of the one in the pit is still there, he hasn't seen that yet. 

I miss the large pits of people that were present in the DayZ Mod.

Isn't that the kind of window dressing that isn't worth doing until the new render and optimizing a finished map come in?

I'm no game development expert but I just assume allot of the nuance things are not there because because they'd be wasted resources doing before beta. 

They have mini mass graves ingame all ready. More like a pile of ruble with bodies laying about. I remember seeing one at one of the new schools right near the entrance. I took a screenshot. Ill upload later when im at my laptop.

edit:

2nret8k.jpg

Yeah I have seen those ones bud, but I am on about holes in the ground you could fall in :)

Yeah I have seen those ones bud, but I am on about holes in the ground you could fall in :)

Oh for sure thatd be creepy as hell. Like owen wilson in behind enemy lines.

• Like 1

Isn't that the kind of window dressing that isn't worth doing until the new render and optimizing a finished map come in?

I'm no game development expert but I just assume allot of the nuance things are not there because because they'd be wasted resources doing before beta. 

It doesn't change the fact that I miss them, and would be pleasantly surprised to see them in the future.

It's not like I've ever demanded (or even directly suggested) them to be added.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

It doesn't change the fact that I miss them, and would be pleasantly surprised to see them in the future.

It's not like I've ever demanded (or even directly suggested) them to be added.

Sorry I just quoted the last post in the thread, I was referring to these daily suggestion threads about the window dressing and polish that seem confused about why stuff isn't there or think they thought of it first.

I'v been or been around building stuff my whole life and if it seems like something should be there and it isn't it's probably on the list and just not the right time logistically to have it in yet.  

• Like 1