Sign in to follow this  
QUAZIMOFO

Repair Green Mountain for global comms

Just like repairing and maintaining trucks and so forth there should be radio/electronic components out there players can gather to repair the Green Mountain radio tower. Once repaired and powered up the player can then send global messages or even boost other radio signals to have much greater range, so long as you are within a certain range of GM.

Naw. Green Mountain should be left alone. There isn't power, to power up that antenna and an entire broadcast system or even a boosting signal system. Unless generators are added and fuel can be added into them, this wouldn't be realistic. 

Naw. Green Mountain should be left alone. There isn't power, to power up that antenna and an entire broadcast system or even a boosting signal system. Unless generators are added and fuel can be added into them, this wouldn't be realistic. 

Green Mountain isn't your standard "radio tower"

It still works, but not in the way you'd want it to. It's a numbers station designed to continue sending broadcasts long after an apocalyptic situation or even being shut down by the government. All of them still work and nobody knows why or how.

Edited by mullraugh

isnt it confirmed we will be having such a feature? sending signals from radio towers. not sure where I read about it but I did :)

I'm defs down for any ideas where we can manipulate the map/objects for more unique situations/events..Even simple things like fireplaces in houses and ovens, etc adds a alot more depth to the map. PA control panel seems interesting.

When Radio comms systems become more detailed and have more emphasis put on them in the way of making people actually want to use them I think it should be pretty exciting for players who are all alone will get alot more of a kick out of in game radio comm system then those in groups

No one must enter Green Mountain....

Very few of us have made it out alive... Poor DemonGroover here still wakes up cursing the tower every night...

Art Bell Plays a transmission form what he believes is a numbers station.  Note, Strategic Air Command has been gone since 1992.  I imagine it was exercise traffic, nothing sinister, if it was "real world" it would have been sent on a secure satellite channel rather than an open channel.

http://artbell.com/art-plays-coded-transmission-from-a-government-shortwave-station/

Edited by Barnabus