Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Intergrate morse code in radio broadcasts to transmit over longer ranges

The idea: Increase player interaction by using realistic advanced tactics available with a battery and a radio.

• Sending morse code with a radio+piece of paper+pen, should give a visual chat interface that looks like writing on paper. (Which show's broadcasts over a XXX range for a XXX amount of time). 
  • When carrying a radio, every time a morse code transmissions happens in your range, a message pops up "wanna write down the message:  y/n" = yes is 10 sec writing action, n= missing message.
  • When written down, it is displayed on the paper.
  • After which the translation could happen manual, or automatic with the new to introduce converter (mini enigma machine)

This gives the ability to realistic communicate with fellow players for all sorts of fun interactions. And! The most important part, you never know if your morse code sender is the actual person you meet.

(To send morse code: copper wire + radio)

(To for luxery sending and translating: a new to introduce MorseCode converter (mini enigma)

(With the softskills, a new proffesion is born)

This could be actually sooooo cooool  "Help, bandits Vybor" answered by "Hero's incomming" ends with "Everyone is dead" 

Edited by Hemmo NL

My only thing is you could just do morse code over the mic and write things down in IRL.

I mean I'm not against it but not sure how many people would use it.

Yeahhh truee, but that is not realistic for longer ranges. And if you have the luxury to have a mini enigma machine, it is just the 10 sec, and you can read the message of your paper sheet. Its like a global chatsession but than realistic and you need some gear for it.