billyangstadt

What are you looking forward to most with 0.58 stable?

For me, it's two things: The grind and working persistence.

I can't wait for weapons and ammo to be rare, and canned food be scarce. I can't wait until you're eventually forced to live off of the land because all canned food will be depleted.

I'm also really looking forward to persistence to set up camp.

What I'm not looking forward to are the large amounts of threads claiming loot is broken because they can no longer gear up on the coast and characters will take time to get the kit you want.

How  about you? What has you counting the days until the patch?

• Like 9

Im a big Experimental player, an Im really looking forward to .59 for Exp, I just really want those new vehicles, Im dying

• Like 1

Looking forward to persistence working again. I plan on leaving lots of cryptic notes on my purposely obvious barrel stashes, to see if anyone wants to follow the breadcrumbs. Gotta take advantage of these 45 day timers on barrels and tents before they screw it way down to 7 days.  How am I supposed to maintain a supply network, aaaannnnndddd play the game, if I gotta be goin and touchin everything every week just to keep it from disappearing.  I really hope this decay process gets some more fine tuning; I'm already afraid that I have begrudgingly accepted that I can't stash a dozen mountain backpacks in a strategically dense clump of trees and come back two weeks later to find it all intact.  I miss .54.

• Like 1

Looking forward to persistence working again. I plan on leaving lots of cryptic notes on my purposely obvious barrel stashes, to see if anyone wants to follow the breadcrumbs. Gotta take advantage of these 45 day timers on barrels and tents before they screw it way down to 7 days.  How am I supposed to maintain a supply network, aaaannnnndddd play the game, if I gotta be goin and touchin everything every week just to keep it from disappearing.  I really hope this decay process gets some more fine tuning; I'm already afraid that I have begrudgingly accepted that I can't stash a dozen mountain backpacks in a strategically dense clump of trees and come back two weeks later to find it all intact.  I miss .54.

I've never been a fan of low time decay. I go on vacation for 2 weeks at a time, so my stash will be long gone. I understand it's to clean up the server, but it's just too low.

For me, it's two things: The grind and working persistence.

I can't wait for weapons and ammo to be rare, and canned food be scarce. I can't wait until you're eventually forced to live off of the land because all canned food will be depleted.

I'm also really looking forward to persistence to set up camp.

What I'm not looking forward to are the large amounts of threads claiming loot is broken because they can no longer gear up on the coast and characters will take time to get the kit you want.

How  about you? What has you counting the days until the patch?

bingo! same for me, but i will be more a nomad on the move, trying to find the camps of others ;)

I don't know if they manage to tone down the spawn rate of food for the stable release....we will see. The tears will be plentiful nontheless, cause there are people who manage to starve even in the current version where canned food is in nearly every house. Also the "pew pew military loot is everything" crowd will have to say goodbye to the guard house loot explostions.

You must have read a different status report than me:

Currently, the highest quantity and priority in the economy is given to non perishable food goods.

You must have read a different status report than me:

Yeah, i read everything, not just one sentence.

While this fix has been underway, we've been dialing in the balance for non perishable food, firearms, and military loot. Currently, the highest quantity and priority in the economy is given to non perishable food goods. (Tuna, Beans, Rice, etc).

Dialing in the balance for non perishable food......Currently, the highest....etc.

So,if they wanna make survival more hard there is no way around the fact that canned food is too abundant. We will see. 

• Like 1

I cannot wait until I can actually store shit in a cargo truck.

I'll fill it with jerry cans and I'll be unstoppable.

• Like 1

I can't wait until I actually struggle to find food and not only rely on canned food but HAVE to survive from hunting, fishing, planting seeds etc, instead of finding tons of food in every house

which probably won't happen because the forums will be spammed with "OMG I CANT FIND FOOD OMG WTF !!!11 :'(((" threads

• Like 4

Anyone agreeing with me that they should do a character wipe for 0.58? Now that EVERYONE seems to be geared from simply one jog through Berenzino, it'd be nice to have another reset.

But, what im excited for mostly is persistance to be back and TRUCK INVENTORIES. Lets us "manage" our builds a bit, rather than just carrying everything you "think" you might need all the time.

.59 coming to experimental.

Mainly, the end to the stupid amounts of military loot in coastal towns and persistence.

I'm looking forward to the return of persistence mostly, and vehicle inventories. Those two features are crucial for making Day Z more than just gearing up and heading to the coast to shoot people and throw it all away.

I've never been a fan of low time decay. I go on vacation for 2 weeks at a time, so my stash will be long gone. I understand it's to clean up the server, but it's just too low.

I really hope they eventually ease up on the cleanup timers.  I'd expect backpacks to stay a couple weeks, and tents a couple months; let someone find them if they are left unattended, they'll lose or discard some of the loot and it'll get cleaned up eventually.  But really, I can't wait to have enough time to get a truck working again.

after two weeks, you stash would be found anyway probably

not saying you can't hide something on the map so a normal player wouldn't find it in two weeks, but all it needs is one douchebag script kiddie and thats it...

hackers in the mod used to move all tents and cars into one spot (mostly in the middle of cherno) and blow them up

• Like 1

I can't wait to steal the all the food in people's tents and replace them with a copy of the book "Hunger".

• Like 4

Actually working persistence. I want to place a tent and for it to stay there until it is removed by me or other players. Anything less than that is not worth my time. THIS is the reason i have not found any drive to play last few months. There is no end-game.

• Like 1

I can't wait for the tears of everyone who's tents/backpacks get found and destroyed.

I think the tears of the "this is stupid, loot is broken, guns are nowhere, I quit" players will far outweigh the ones you mention.

• Like 3

I think the tears of the "this is stupid, loot is broken, guns are nowhere, I quit" players will far outweigh the ones you mention.

And that's a bad thing, why?

And that's a bad thing, why?

It's not, it just seems like when most of the community cries, the loot magically spawns in massive amounts again.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but does anyone know when the new Patch rolls out? I checked the wiki and it said Aug 3, but steam didn't download anything.

Military bases being the hot spots again. PVP coast life was fun for a while, but now I hunger for butthole puckering airstrip crossings, barracks showdowns, and just generally more dynamic encounters.

Also, any news on whether chopper crashsites will be dynamic again in .58 stable? Hunting for crashsites would be cool.

• Like 1