Sperglord

Don't allow players to host public servers

There is so many public servers, I guess a good 70% of them are empty or have 1-2 players.

This allows for easy server hopping and getting loot without any danger from other players

I think there should be lets say 5 official public servers hosted by the devs or some other host in each zone so for example 5 in US East, 5 in West, 5 In Europe etc. (Add more if there's a need)

Then other than those official public servers it should all be private hives that players can host

This would fix the problem with 1000000 empty public servers that people only use to loot military bases and areas that are supposed to be "dangerous" without any danger. It feels like cheating

Edited by Sperglord

I agree. sometimes I wish people were forced to actually loot on populated servers. Would make things more interesting sometimes.

Players should be able to host servers nonetheless tho. This has and always will be vital for the community, more so with the release of modtools.

Edited by jayfkay

Or... you could just fix/nerf the server hopping and maybe adjust loot spawns according to server population. Why would you limit gameplay options because there is some exploit over actually fixing said exploit?

Or just get rid of public servers all together, the only fear I have in hot zones is some asshole ghosting in and out of the same barracks building or whatever from server to server looking for one thing without walking like people who only play on 1 "home" server.

For example I loot long barracks from back to front shutting the door when I enter how does it make any sense that if the door is still closed someone could get behind me in a building I've cleared room by room.

I know hoppers can/will make all kinds of excuses why not so I'll go back to privates when a good build gets on stable. 

when they get persistence working hopping will not be that bad because after that first reset the mil-loot will be gone it'll be first come first serve then you gotta wait for the shit to respawn or look elsewhere the way it should be if they can make it like a poster above stated where you have to explore the map and find gear not just go here and get all mil-loot then server hopping will be a non issue except for folks just looking to find people at high risk areas to kill it won't be for loot. and as someone above posted i as well only play on private hives theres less non legit players less d-bags and no server hopping or ghosting.

H1Z1, a very bad game in itself, did do a couple things that were right and DayZ should take notice of. 1 of those being that your player is locked into a specific server. However, to combat the problem of wanting to play with friends, how about something like your allowed to server hop once per day or something? That way you can still switch if your home server gets boring or abandoned, you can join your friends, but server hopping for loot would take so long and be so slow, it would not be worth the wait. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I really don't see a big solution to the problem that doesn't just irritate players who do the right thing as well. Even then, I don't see the big deal for other players. The most geared guys still can be killed in an instant with a shitty gun like an IZH-18 if you are smart.

Let alone it would have to be a hell of a lot of servers more. There's tens of thousands of people playing Day Z across the globe.

There is so many public servers, I guess a good 70% of them are empty or have 1-2 players.

This allows for easy server hopping and getting loot without any danger from other players

I think there should be lets say 5 official public servers hosted by the devs or some other host in each zone so for example 5 in US East, 5 in West, 5 In Europe etc. (Add more if there's a need)

Then other than those official public servers it should all be private hives that players can host

This would fix the problem with 1000000 empty public servers that people only use to loot military bases and areas that are supposed to be "dangerous" without any danger. It feels like cheating

Guessing you are American as you completely missed Asia servers but somehow wanted east and west US servers

Guessing you are American as you completely missed Asia servers but somehow wanted east and west US servers

Neither of you mentioned Antarctica ;-;

#StopTheDiscrimination

Neither of you mentioned Antarctica ;-;

#StopTheDiscrimination

I said "ETC"

Not letting regular peeps host a public server would place an extra cash-load on the developers. If you've been a gamer as long as I have, you'll notice servers hosted by the developer or publisher shut down as soon as new copies of the game stop getting sold. Best to endure the ghosting and hopping till its fixed.

I agree to an extent that it would be much more exciting having to loot mili locations on high pop servers, but your suggestions would cause 2 major problems.

First of all, the ones that already have gear will camp those locations preventing others from reaching them. THey will have an advantage with automatic weapons. This could be irritating to new or inexperienced players and scare them away.

Secondly, community servers create decent revenue for Bohemia and the server hosters and are pretty much mandatory for community development, especially when modding is available.

I like it but still some problems

1. No loot even after restart it would be gone

2. The coast would be full of people everywhere

3. the games does not have many people in because there waiting for Beta the second Beta comes there will be around 100,000-200,000 people playing every server will be full.

4. Hackers would be everywhere

5. people with slow computers would Lag like mad.

I like it but still some problems

1. No loot even after restart it would be gone

2. The coast would be full of people everywhere

3. the games does not have many people in because there waiting for Beta the second Beta comes there will be around 100,000-200,000 people playing every server will be full.

4. Hackers would be everywhere

5. people with slow computers would Lag like mad.

What does this have anything to do with hackers and FPS?

How are the devs going going to get their lambos if there isn't public servers for rent?

lambo_dayz343_zps80804fa1.jpg

• Like 1

What does this have anything to do with hackers and FPS?

Hackers lurk on High pop servers and people with shitty PC's can't handle 15+ people.

• Like 1

*snip* people with shitty PC's can't handle 15+ people.

ali_g_respek.jpg

real problem is the crappy public server system.

1 server 1 character.