Sign in to follow this  
Beizs

The Horde | DayZ Experimental .58 Update 7 (Infected Server)

Performance was actually okay from what I seen.. love the zombie hordes.. They should have 2 or 3 huge hordes wandering the map.

• Like 1

Performance was actually okay from what I seen.. love the zombie hordes.. They should have 2 or 3 huge hordes wandering the map.

Yeah, it wasn't too bad, to be honest. It's not too clear from the video as obviously a lot of the combat was sped up. Was considering leaving it normal speed, but didn't for the videos sake. The zombies early on about 50% of the time wouldn't react until they were KO'd, but weirdly enough the entire horde was reacting properly, so maybe the server was just having difficulties at the time (it did freeze for a while around 6:00).

Seemed to be absolutely fine after those players lost connection, so maybe there was some kind of an issue with their connections, dragging down the server?

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

I had a good laugh, Your interactions with that player was really nice, i loved it.

• Like 1

Zombies are still terrible, if you ask me. OK, there is finally lots of them...But, they all move the same, sometimes syncronised. They all go towards one same point, they should try to soround you. They should have different movements. They should run at different speeds....

There is still lots of work before we get descent zombies. Ill wait.

Zombies are still terrible, if you ask me. OK, there is finally lots of them...But, they all move the same, sometimes syncronised. They all go towards one same point, they should try to soround you. They should have different movements. They should run at different speeds....

There is still lots of work before we get descent zombies. Ill wait.

The AI is still pretty basic, yeah. But what I was looking at was the performance I got when in a large group of zombies. I had no issues. That said, there definitely needs to be some more RNG. Like you suggested, movement speed would be a good one. Waits before a swing. Which attack it's going to use. They have a tonne of different attacks now, but for some reason they all seem to use the same one at the same time. They also probably shouldn't be able to damage each other, as was visibly happening in the video.

Overall, however, I'm incredibly happy with the advances they've made with them. It's really not too far to go to perfect them from here. Add some more RNG and then get them to horde naturally, even when not chasing a player (when one zombie comes within x meters of another, they try to stay close to one another).

nice video man  :thumbsup:  I enjoyed it very much :D

Maybe we can play together again these dayz.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed to see that you where able to punch a hoard to death. Albeit, with the aid of two other player... who where also punching a hoard to death. 

• Like 2

I'm disappointed to see that you where able to punch a hoard to death. Albeit, with the aid of two other player... who where also punching a hoard to death. 

Yeah, I actually just solo punched a horde of 17 to death, too, without even bleeding. I think the main issue is the zombies speed. Really easy to make them beeline when you're soloing them.

Also need more attack damage, imo. Maybe stop you running for a couple seconds with grabbing attacks, too.

But bare in mind that I am obviously complete pro at this game. So maybe it's just that.  :P

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

Yeah, I actually just solo punched a horde of 17 to death, too, without even bleeding. I think the main issue is the zombies speed. Really easy to make them beeline when you're soloing them.

Also need more attack damage, imo. Maybe stop you running for a couple seconds with grabbing attacks, too.

But bare in mind that I am obviously complete pro at this game. So maybe it's just that.  :P

I knew you was pro, I KNEW IT.

• Like 1

The best part of the video is...... it's in 1pp

Haha, I do like a good bit of 1pp... But honestly, I'm really, really a fan of the new camera for cinematic purposes. :(

I knew you was pro, I KNEW IT.

Shh. Our little secret.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

Hahhaha Yes! Zombie boxing at it's finest. Loved the fact you KO'd the other dude though... LAWL!

Keep it up bro!

• Like 1

Hahhaha Yes! Zombie boxing at it's finest. Loved the fact you KO'd the other dude though... LAWL!

Keep it up bro!

I went on to punch out a horde of a similar size by myself the next day. :P

I did feel pretty terrible about knocking the guy out, though.