Saliven

Non centered character

As of experimental 0,58 i noticed the character, is not centered anymore, which in my opinion at this moment is extremely annoying to look at and play with. I'm not sure if it is intentional change or bug, but i wanted to somehow express that i dont like it and was hoping for others to join me and make a change.

I'm upfront sorry, if it does not belong to this part of the forum.

As of experimental 0,58 i noticed the character, is not centered anymore, which in my opinion at this moment is extremely annoying to look at and play with. I'm not sure if it is intentional change or bug, but i wanted to somehow express that i dont like it and was hoping for others to join me and make a change.

IT doesn't belong here, if you have something like this i would suggest going to the "General discussion" thread. :)

• Like 1

• Like 1

That is one of the first steps taken in order to improve the perspective in hopes of potentially eliminating wall peeking.

You can expect it to be tweaked and changed but it will probably remain over the shoulder.

• Like 1

anything that prevents people abusing 3rd person is good in the long run

It's a good thing. If you don't like it there is always first person to play on.

That is one of the first steps taken in order to improve the perspective in hopes of potentially eliminating wall peeking.

I still don't think this can be solved by camera position alone as in order to eliminate wall peeking in all directions (over, under, right, left) you need to place it in a way that is basically first person view. So you either end up with not real third person view at all, no real fix to wall peeking or a very strange camera that constantly switches position.

It might be better to only solve two directions (over, under) ia camera placement and introduce something like fog of war for the other two (left, right). This allows for a reasonable third person perspective, eliminates wall peeking in most cases and might not eat as many resources (lots of games are running 2D fog of war without any trouble).

• Like 1

I hate how they are trying to "fix" 3pp in order to prevent "abuse". It is only abuse when pvping. Im sure 90% of the lone wolf, true survivors (hunting/crafting/non mil server hoppers) rarely get in to cherno/bernzino firefights.

So for all of us who rarely pvp, we get the shaft because they are trying to fix the abuse of something to appease pvpers?? I was pretty sure this game wasnt trying to be the next big pvp game out there...

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

It's a good thing. If you don't like it there is always first person to play on.

OH GOOD SIR ARE YOU TROLLING?

BECAUSE IF YOU ARE I TIP MY HAT!

In case the irony was lost on any of you - this was one of the main arguments against any changes being made, as BI has already provided a swathe of (albeit empty) 1pp servers for all you teary eyed screaming masses who are calling about un-necessary change.

Congratulations.   You've wasted a portion everyone's seed money for this insignificant and essentially irrelevant non-issue.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

I like this new camera better

You know what, lets just use the Metal Gear third person camera pov. Them the trolls will have a field day

I hate how they are trying to "fix" 3pp in order to prevent "abuse". It is only abuse when pvping. Im sure 90% of the lone wolf, true survivors (hunting/crafting/non mil server hoppers) rarely get in to cherno/bernzino firefights.

So for all of us who rarely pvp, we get the shaft because they are trying to fix the abuse of something to appease pvpers?? I was pretty sure this game wasnt trying to be the next big pvp game out there...

The day will come when you will be happy that they did fix it. Right now, server populations are not especially high. The day will come when that is not the case and player counts are much higher. You can and will run into firefights anytime, anywhere. Hell, I've had several hostile encounters in the game North of the highway that runs from Novaya Petrovka to Svetlojarsk even now and I am not the PVP KoS type. These changes will benefit everyone in the long term (unless you only play on 1PP servers) even if you don't see it now. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

This is what the default third person was (a good thing), yet people didn't go for that argument and now here we are with the devs trying to defy logic.

Third person by definition means you see more than your character, you can't "fix" that as it isn't a problem.  None of these changes are going to stop looking over/around things, because they're inherent to the perspective.  They'll just change the way it's done, people who have a problem with third person from the start will still bitch and complain and those who never had a problem to begin with will now have something to bitch and complain about.  The latter will re-adapt like they did in the first place and the former will continue to bitch forever because they don't understand the problem is themselves and not the mechanic.

It's a waste of time and effort.  It's equivalent of people complaining about KOS.  People are having a subjective negative reaction to a scenario that they perceive to be out of their control when they should be asking themselves how they can improve instead of wanting the game to change for them.

Edited by Bororm

All of us who rarely pvp??? You mean do nothing, there are no infected right now. The 3pp camera fix has as much to do with maintaining infected threat, as fair player interactions.

I believe they are working towards centering the camera when unarmed. This was talked about in some Dev thread. But, that doesn't mean it will stay that way this will change many times before 1.0, voice your opinion.

The over-the-shoulder third person view is something that I truly dislike and I am disappointed in the developers for focusing on this non-issue.

The camera should be reverted and a good fix for wall peeking should be added after work on core issues are finished (or not at all.)

There will never be a fix for 3pp wall peeking. The only 'fix' would be 1pp.

The developers need to stop focusing on 3pp and make 1pp more enjoyable. I say this because the majority of people who refuse to play on 1pp server say that it feels 'too crowded' or 'claustrophobic', which at times I can agree with that.

Either make tweeks to 1pp so that is something people can jump right into and not miss 3pp whatsoever or leave the 3pp camera as it was. Just for the love of god please stop trying to fix something that cannot be fixed.

We are not going to have this argument again (debate is not the word).

Camera position is work in progress (WIP) and the experimental build is just that (0.58 in this case).

If you don't like it, do as I do and play 1st person only, where all men (& ladies) are equal.