Sign in to follow this  
nifzor

Cant install dayz no more

Hello!!

well as the topic says i cant install dayz no more bought the game on steam btw!
it all started with 1 or 2 updates back!

it started with that the update got stuck at 98% and didnt want to finnish it self terminated the update

and now i have tried some things to see if it did work but with no result!

i have:
changed download region, i have re-installed the whole game X5 times 
i have manually deleted the folder in c:users/myname/appdata/local/Dayz

i have also gone into the game in the steam folders and deleted all the files and then re-installed 

i dont know what to do anymore and since this is one of my favourite games i would appreciate if someone knows a fix or something like that or has some kind of tip and trick to work a way around the problem 

thanx 

// Nifzor

i have now tried all thoose things that u send and have validated the files, first of i got the missing files so when i had installed it and validated a the missing files the same thing happens again and my update is paused without any thing happening so every time i put the game on download it pauses without no further reason and im back at the begining again, i dont know what to do

// Nifzor

Make sure Steam / Service / DayZ are not being blocked by Firewall (make exception).

Also :           https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6966-IADH-1503

You might try removing the ClienRegistry.blob file in the main Steam folder, close Steam beforehand (you will need to log in once this file is removed).

i have now tried all thoose things that u send and have validated the files, first of i got the missing files so when i had installed it and validated a the missing files the same thing happens again and my update is paused without any thing happening so every time i put the game on download it pauses without no further reason and im back at the begining again, i dont know what to do

// Nifzor

Not sure how to help you with this, but you could try using a program like REVO http://www.revouninstaller.com/. 

This program is used to uninstall programs from your system, including all hidden files that are usually left behind.

Once you have completely deleted all files, do a complete restart of your system, and try again. 

You may need to disable any virus or firewall programs that you have.

// Nifzor

I can only suggest you submit a ticket to Steam support.

Sorry for not being able to give more advice, I'm assuming you have a decent internet connection and not connecting from the local Burger King.

Good luck.