st20wind

Obtain higher FPS in DayZ

Hey guys,

I know there is a real struggle in DayZ with getting enough FPS to enjoy the game properly,

so I went on a hunt to find a solution, and I have found one and created this short

video tutorial to help all of you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTMgi6e2FEE&feature=youtu.be

I went from getting around 11 fps in Cherno to about 36. So it helps quite a bit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Razer ID - ST20winD

- winD

Edited by ST20winD
  • Like 4

I would be careful with game booster because I think that you may get banned while using those.

Reasons: To "boost" your game it must cut off some graphic context right? And by anti hacks it can be taken as a hack program trying to use wallhack or something.

If I am wrong and someone is using this game booster for a while and not got banned please post.

PS.

I am thinking about accident that took place a while ago when players were boosting their FPS by removing grass from the game. Some of them got banned.

Edited by Frosti

I would be careful with game booster because I think that you may get banned while using those.

Reasons: To "boost" your game it must cut off some graphic context right? And by anti hacks it can be taken as a hack program trying to use wallhack or something.

If I am wrong and someone is using this game booster for a while and not got banned please post.

PS.

I am thinking about accident that took place a while ago when players were boosting their FPS by removing grass from the game. Some of them got banned.

Well this has nothing to do with the game itself, it shuts down unneeded processes, and performs tasks outside the game itself.

Well I wasn't expecting miracles but holy whacka moly it improved my FPS alright.

• Like 1

PS.

it just kills non important processes temporarily while in game

• Like 1

it just kills non important processes temporarily while in game

So is it worth getting?

So is it worth getting?

I'd say if you are not happy with your FPS that you already have, it is worth to try it.

So is it worth getting?

Give it a go. If it doesn't do anything for you then uninstall it.

I shouldn't do any harm.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I know there is a real struggle in DayZ with getting enough FPS to enjoy the game properly,

so I went on a hunt to find a solution, and I have found one and created this short

video tutorial to help all of you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTMgi6e2FEE&feature=youtu.be

I went from getting around 11 fps in Cherno to about 36. So it helps quite a bit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

- winD

Update the op with your Razer I'd, I would have put you as reference fwiw.

Well I installed, and when optimizing before starting the game it killed about 23 processes but I literally had 0 increase in FPS. I tested it in the same spot after uninstall. Not sure why it didn´t make a difference.

• Like 2

I'm running an antique tower and did't really get to play because I'm busy but a quick test had me in the mid 30s moving, never seen higher than mid 20 staring at my feet. The video looks like it's outdated compared to the version that installed though.

This is probably the third time I'll link this in a thread pertaining to Razer's Game Booster. It simply doesn't work.

I've used it (two separate times, the second after a friend telling me how much better it had gotten since the first time I tried it -- it hadn't) and it did literally nothing for me, just like the article I linked. All it does is kill some background applications, which you can do yourself.

@OP: If it helped you that much, you'd be better served with a format of your operating system's hard drive.

This is probably the third time I'll link this in a thread pertaining to Razer's Game Booster. It simply doesn't work.

I've used it (two separate times, the second after a friend telling me how much better it had gotten since the first time I tried it -- it hadn't) and it did literally nothing for me, just like the article I linked. All it does is kill some background applications, which you can do yourself.

@OP: If it helped you that much, you'd be better served with a format of your operating system's hard drive.

Maybe it does nothing for computers that can run DayZ fairly normal..

But for my potato it helped a lot, I usually have jumpy 10-40 FPS while traveling thought cities and forest but with this game booster I'm getting nearly 30 in cities and 50-80 FPS in forests. Never seen such "high" numbers before using Razer Cortex.

• Like 2

Well I installed, and when optimizing before starting the game it killed about 23 processes but I literally had 0 increase in FPS. I tested it in the same spot after uninstall. Not sure why it didn´t make a difference.

I'm running an antique tower and did't really get to play because I'm busy but a quick test had me in the mid 30s moving, never seen higher than mid 20 staring at my feet. The video looks like it's outdated compared to the version that installed though.

But for my potato it helped a lot, I usually have jumpy 10-40 FPS while traveling thought cities and forest but with this game booster I'm getting nearly 30 in cities and 50-80 FPS in forests. Never seen such "high" numbers before using Razer Cortex.

Well, I've never tested it on an "antique" computer before, so I guess YMMV with this program. I originally installed it expecting great things, and was fairly let down when it literally made no difference whatsoever. On top of that, the recording software blows.  >:(

• Like 1

So you are testing on a system that is considerably below my specs? (see signature for my specs)

In cities I have 17-25 FPS, in forests 35-45, open fields 45-60, when staring at the ground 85 fps ;)

Well, I've never tested it on an "antique" computer before, so I guess YMMV with this program. I originally installed it expecting great things, and was fairly let down when it literally made no difference whatsoever. On top of that, the recording software blows.  > :(

I normally close services and processes that I'm not using manually before playing to get from slideshow to barely playable, I think it just found something I'd been missing.

I'm due for a reformat by a longshot anyway might try this Windows 10 and start fresh.

• Like 1

This is going to be subjective to your computer config for sure, but it is small to download and easy to uninstall so worth a shot (especially if you have an older comp) BUT like grimey said don't expect a ton, really don't expect much if you have a newer rig. (I personally had 0 improvement with an i5-3570k OC'd to 4.6, 8 gig of ram, and a gtx 760 so not the newest system but didn't help)

Update the op with your Razer I'd, I would have put you as reference fwiw.

Updated

This is going to be subjective to your computer config for sure, but it is small to download and easy to uninstall so worth a shot (especially if you have an older comp) BUT like grimey said don't expect a ton, really don't expect much if you have a newer rig. (I personally had 0 improvement with an i5-3570k OC'd to 4.6, 8 gig of ram, and a gtx 760 so not the newest system but didn't help)

yep it relies on killing background processes making a difference. On a high end pc they make very little difference but if you have an older cpu and less ram it may help. 

I tried it on my last laptop and it didn't do much good but then again I manually removed a lot of startup processes myself to get as much juice as possible. There's always a ton of junk e.g. apple stuff, adobe stuff and various other bloatware. This prog removes all that, at least temporarily.

These types of programs literally do nothing if your PC is already running like it should. If you don't have a ton of unnecessary programs running in the background, and your CPU is already fast enough to run DayZ without bottlenecking itself, you will see no performance increase. None. Zero. There is no background applications running on a fresh and empty install of windows that game booster can shut down, and magically increase your performance. These types of programs shut down some of the junk that users have installed, and most likely have no idea is even on their computer.

Protip: You have a lot more stuff running in the background, than what is shown down in the right corner.

Edited by anderswhk
  • Like 2

So you are testing on a system that is considerably below my specs? (see signature for my specs)

In cities I have 17-25 FPS, in forests 35-45, open fields 45-60, when staring at the ground 85 fps ;)

Almost same, but my CPU is 2.4 and 4GB ram. Windows 8.1

• Like 1

Almost same, but my CPU is 2.4 and 4GB ram. Windows 8.1

My clanmates who have some higher-tier rigs are still getting improvements, so i'm not quite sure, it works for some and others it doesn't. 

My clanmates who have some higher-tier rigs are still getting improvements, so i'm not quite sure, it works for some and others it doesn't. 

There is a good chance it works for those with a pc full of software junk that loads every time windows loads. In noticed the razer software even disabled my protection software (MSE) which btw was not restored after de-optimizing and uninstalling, something to be beware of and check.

I tried the software on a pretty clean install of windows 7 and I only have windows startup the most necessary software at startup so maybe that's why I didn't notice a difference, my system may have been running close to optimization already.