DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

ive heard of people respawning as animals like birds

Back sometime in May when i first started playing i spawned as a bird in the debug forest. It was hard to control lol

there's video proof of hex on goodgame spawning as a bird on the dayz review so i believe you

lol imagine a bird gang.

• Like 1

ive heard of people respawning as animals like birds

Back sometime in May when i first started playing i spawned as a bird in the debug forest. It was hard to control lol

Yeah, I believe that was tied to a bug (or cheat / exploit) in a previous version of DayZ that's since been fixed.

• Like 1

Well once after respawning by the coastline, I started making my way east just to get some starting supplies (things like a hatchet or hunting knives). Once I came across my first town, I headed inland where higher ground was to just get a bearing of what buildings are lootable, number of zombies, etc. After watching the town for awhile, I saw a survivor on the outskirts of the town running towards it, with what appeared to be a bunch of walkers following him. At first I just thought that the poor guy was just getting chased and that if he runs through the town like that, it would just mean less zeds I'd have to deal with. However, as he neared the town, he abruptly stopped. The zeds, rather than completely overwhelming and devouring the guy, just stopped and got into the "delta" formation from the game. He was controlling the zombies! I watched as he looted the town with his obedient zombies followed. The preexisting zombies in the town paid no attention to the zombie master as he went through the town. After I was sure he was far enough, I ran inland as fast as I could.

• Like 6

Well once after respawning by the coastline' date=' I started making my way east just to get some starting supplies (things like a hatchet or hunting knives). Once I came across my first town, I headed inland where higher ground was to just get a bearing of what buildings are lootable, number of zombies, etc. After watching the town for awhile, I saw a survivor on the outskirts of the town running towards it, with what appeared to be a bunch of walkers following him. At first I just thought that the poor guy was just getting chased and that if he runs through the town like that, it would just mean less zeds I'd have to deal with. However, as he neared the town, he abruptly stopped. The zeds, rather than completely overwhelming and devouring the guy, just stopped and got into the "delta" formation from the game. He was controlling the zombies! I watched as he looted the town with his obedient zombies followed. The preexisting zombies in the town paid no attention to the zombie master as he went through the town. After I was sure he was far enough, I ran inland as fast as I could.[/font']

Whoa, that was definitely the Zombie Lord, the final boss of this game!

• Like 1

Any new info on the "detective"?

the story goes he comes online at 3 in the morning speaking gibberish, if u ever put your sights on him the name is in orange not green, some say he wears a trenchcoat.

Good stuff!

A friend of mine told me (classic urban legend beginning there) that he was once scoping Cherno out with his sniper scope when he saw a zombie figure standing atop of a building (vague reference there - very good). The Zed appeared to be looking straight at him but was not moving, just frozen.

Anyway my friend made his way into Cherno to do a bit of looting and after climbing up to the top of another buidling scoped out the area again. He spotted the Zed but he had turned and had moved and was again starting straight at my friend! He said he did this a couple of times and every time the Zed was facing my friend staring straight at him.

Of course my friend never went to the building in question (too chicken shit!) and didnt take screen shots so i have called BS many times.

The Zombie Watcher of Cherno? Chuck Norris? Total BS?

• Like 3

So I recently got a hold of a radio, and since it isn't in the loot listing on the wiki I did some research and found that apparently one of the guys who got one started hearing static and a weird broadcast on it, enough so that it freaked him out and he wanted to trade it away. The guy who posted this recorded it and put a link of it. Search for radio, you should find it.

Anyway, I listened to this broadcast, and it sounds nonsensical, there's this lady talking about buying and selling crap for penny bids, typical internet crap. Then there's this odd tone, and a ladies voice mechanically starts spouting numbers: 6 digits, repeat once, then next 6 digit number. It does this about 12 times. At the latter half of the message, there is morse code, which unfortunately I can't translate.

All of this is weird, but didn't really catch my attention, until one day I was using a GPS, and noticed that the grid coordinates of the GPS are 6 digits. Going back to the recording, I jotted down the twelve numbers repeated in the broadcast. Somewhat curious, I broke out my map and checked the numbers as if they were grid coordinates, but there didn't seem to be anything particularly interesting about them. So, lacking anything better to do, I picked the nearest one, jumped on a server with a low population, and started hoofing it over there.

Now this thing was in the middle of nowhere, halfway up the side of a mountain in the middle of a forest. There shouldn't be anything there. Imagine my surprise when a bunch of military dressed zombies start tear assing towards me. I sprinted away, got some distance between us, then got lucky with my M1911 and took the two that were still tailing me out.

Curious.

I cautiously made my way back to the coordinate and began searching the grid. Nothing seemed to pop out at me. There was a deer stand with a morphine autoinjector, a bandage, and a empty tin can, but that was all I could find that looked remotely interesting. Still, the whole area was crawling with zombies, and all of them are military.

Now the coordinate in question one square over from a radio tower, so I figured the zombies probably came from there, but it was odd that they were all military, unless there's something I don't know about radio towers.

Anyway, a little frustrated, I head over to the tower just to check it out figuring I'd climb the damn thing and get as close to an aerial view of my surrounds as I could. I get to the top, start looking around, when suddenly there are a series of massive explosions in the grid I'd JUST been in. Seriously, like an artillery strike or a bombing run. Now, I don't know what the hell is going on, but remember, I'm on a small server and who knows what the heck, I mean, I've heard stories where everybody on the server finds themselves 30 meters in the air and then dies, so I thought, maybe someone is hacking and has decided to take me out after spotting me wandering around. At least as far as I know, there aren't any items that provide a friggin' artillery strike, and this wasn't a car blowing up or a vehicle exploding, it was like boom, boom, boom, boom. So I took the cowards way out and logged off right on the top of that broadcast tower.

I freely admit that I'm a yellow bellied son of a bitch, but... it was kinda interesting. I wasn't really expecting anything, but... Think maybe I'll check out those other coordinates.

• Like 31

The radio stuff back then was some damn good stuff. The OP did a great job and those recordings were creepy as hell, as any number station basically.

• Like 1

To be honest with you, on the topic of radios and number stations, I hope rocket puts in some really, really, really badass Easter eggs in the final product for the mod. Morse code and radio transmissions are just ripe with potential for shit like that.

But, such is the wet dream of a Cold War fanatic.

• Like 9

That right there is exactly why I checked the coordinates out. I mean, easter eggs aside, that's like a friggin' miniquest in the middle of a zombie horror survival game, that's just frickin' rad.

I really wish I knew how to translate morse code. That's the one part of the message I can't figure out.

• Like 1

Money says it's in Russian. So even if you do figure it out, you'll still have to translate.

• Like 1

So I recently got a hold of a radio' date=' and since it isn't in the loot listing on the wiki I did some research and found that apparently one of the guys who got one started hearing static and a weird broadcast on it, enough so that it freaked him out and he wanted to trade it away. The guy who posted this recorded it and put a link of it. Search for radio, you should find it.

Anyway, I listened to this broadcast, and it sounds nonsensical, there's this lady talking about buying and selling crap for penny bids, typical internet crap. Then there's this odd tone, and a ladies voice mechanically starts spouting numbers: 6 digits, repeat once, then next 6 digit number. It does this about 12 times. At the latter half of the message, there is morse code, which unfortunately I can't translate.

All of this is weird, but didn't really catch my attention, until one day I was using a GPS, and noticed that the grid coordinates of the GPS are 6 digits. Going back to the recording, I jotted down the twelve numbers repeated in the broadcast. Somewhat curious, I broke out my map and checked the numbers as if they were grid coordinates, but there didn't seem to be anything particularly interesting about them. So, lacking anything better to do, I picked the nearest one, jumped on a server with a low population, and started hoofing it over there.

Now this thing was in the middle of nowhere, halfway up the side of a mountain in the middle of a forest. There shouldn't be anything there. Imagine my surprise when a bunch of military dressed zombies start tear assing towards me. I sprinted away, got some distance between us, then got lucky with my M1911 and took the two that were still tailing me out.

Curious.

I cautiously made my way back to the coordinate and began searching the grid. Nothing seemed to pop out at me. There was a deer stand with a morphine autoinjector, a bandage, and a empty tin can, but that was all I could find that looked remotely interesting. Still, the whole area was crawling with zombies, and all of them are military.

Now the coordinate in question one square over from a radio tower, so I figured the zombies probably came from there, but it was odd that they were all military, unless there's something I don't know about radio towers.

Anyway, a little frustrated, I head over to the tower just to check it out figuring I'd climb the damn thing and get as close to an aerial view of my surrounds as I could. I get to the top, start looking around, when suddenly there are a series of massive explosions in the grid I'd JUST been in. Seriously, like an artillery strike or a bombing run. Now, I don't know what the hell is going on, but remember, I'm on a small server and who knows what the heck, I mean, I've heard stories where everybody on the server finds themselves 30 meters in the air and then dies, so I thought, maybe someone is hacking and has decided to take me out after spotting me wandering around. At least as far as I know, there aren't any items that provide a friggin' artillery strike, and this wasn't a car blowing up or a vehicle exploding, it was like boom, boom, boom, boom. So I took the cowards way out and logged off right on the top of that broadcast tower.

I freely admit that I'm a yellow bellied son of a bitch, but... it was kinda interesting. I wasn't really expecting anything, but... Think maybe I'll check out those other coordinates.

[/quote']

If you edit the MP3 from the I found a radio post then I'll decode it for you.

If you edit the MP3 from the I found a radio post then I'll decode it for you.

You mean, strip it down to just the morse code section? I can do that. How do I get the MP3 to you?

We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE

Or something like that. It has also been concluded that the coordinates are deer stand locations.

Well, I can definately confirm that... there WAS a deer stand at the one I found. As for the military zombies and the airstrike or whatever it was... isn't there a grenade launcher in the game? I guess if someone had one and started spam shooting into the area... it sure felt like a damn artillery strike though. Scared the everlovin' piss out of me.

• Like 1

The OP is not true, I have seen similar stories to that told on different dayz community sites.

The OP is not true' date=' I have seen similar stories to that told on different dayz community sites.

[/quote']

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

• Like 2

The OP is not true' date=' I have seen similar stories to that told on different dayz community sites.

[/quote']

Thats the whole point of an Urban Legend - it is hearsay without any actual evidence but the stories continue to be told in one variety or another. The trick with Urban Legends is the details - there usually arent any verifiable details just vagueness.

They are fun though. And some do in fact turn out to be true.

• Like 5

Has anyone heard the chanting priests of Lopatino? Scared the living crap out of me, I can tell you.

My story goes : one night, I was hanging around Lopatino waiting for some friends to come pick me up in the UAZ.

As I sat there outside the church, I watched a pair of zombie priests spawn and begin wandering around. It was a quiet night at home, so I was completely immersed in the game, and watching this pair of undead holy men walking around was a profoundly unnerving experience. With thoughts of how they deserved better dancing in my head, I used a flare to lure one of the shamblers to a large tree, then quietly shot him the forhead, and buried his body beneath the branches. As I buried the body, the bell of the Lopatino church rang. I didn't think anything of it, having heard the bells in Cherno ringing from time to time, so got ready to draw the second priest out of his path and beneath the burying tree. Again, I lured the priest to the tree, and shot him in the forehead. This time the bell rang twice as I approached to bury him. A little creepy, but alright, right? I received word over TS that my friends were approaching, and that I should meet them east of town, near some garages. As I passed through the churchyard and close to the building, I began to hear something. Thinking it was coming over TS, I derided my friend over his choice of driving music, to which I got a confused reply. I back-tracked to where I heard it the strongest, and began to listen. It sounded like chanting. Never having heard an Orthodox Christian chant before, I was still in no confusion as to what I was hearing. I stood there, listening to it, and suddenly the bell began to toll. I snapped out of it and went to meet my friends, but the experience stayed with me for the rest of the night. I haven't told anyone about it until now, and haven't been back to Lopatino to check it out. If anyone does, let me know what it sounds like to you, will you?

• Like 37

but now I have pm's from russians and an audio file. subject is "Што гэта" but that doesn't seem to translate to anything russian? tried translation sites. http://kiwi6.com/file/5tjuhazokb is the file in the message

sounds like morse beeping near the end and the rest a lot like the number stations mentioned here. though i'm pretty sure there is the "000 000" in this' date=' which is a russian thing right? I read into it on wiki and apparently only the brits used a piano intro/outro thing. still i can't differentiate russian words for the numbers, and apparently trying to decode them is useless without a codebook.

[/quote']

First, sorry for anything that's wrong. The Russians on this board can correct me. Што гэта is Belarusian, which literally stands for "what is". These are the numbers I got from the .mp3:

363062202411033320x132x13x13x132x13x13x13214746414746424044x426126747x424335xyx445754022271y41000000

X stands for the one number/word I do not know and Y stands for ones that I could not make out. Could some Russian speaking fellow help me out?

There seems to be a pattern (or two) of some kind. This is probably all some Russian creepypasta, but it's intriguing to try to decipher it.

Just posting this here so all you /x/ guise can see this.

• Like 1

And if you see a rainbow ingame run to it, a crock of gold "Loads of beans" supposedly to be found at the end of the rainbow..... Or the story about a certian marker off the coast (SE @ Rify) "Thats why boats are ingame" where you can travel to Utes island, which has another airfeild..

On my very first day of DayZ, I stumbled into Kamenka, fingers crossed to find a weapon to defend myself. Behind the building with the large bay doors near the docks, there is a group of 5 survivors standing in a circle. I was nervous on my approach, but approach I did. They were standing over another survivor's dead body. They weren't moving, I thought they were AFK, but wasn't sure. I turned around and headed into the building beside these people. There was a hatchet. I toyed with the idea of killing them, even asked a friend in Teamspeak to decide their fate (he told me to leave them alone, good guy). But then I thought "If they were stupid enough to go AFK in the middle of Kamenka, surrounded by Zeds, then they deserve an axe in the back.

I crept up on them, axe in hand. I had it all planned out, kill the guys with drawn weapons first, then the others. I swung my axe on the first, blood spurted out, but he didn't drop. Odd. I tried to kill the next guy but the same thing happened. I then realized I could open their backpacks and take what was inside. Blood bags, MP5-SD, GPS, NVG's, a couple M1911's. I moved quickly and 'pickpocketed' all the stuff I could hold and GOT THE FUCK OUTTA THERE.

I realized when I got up the coast some that I had failed to loot the MP5. Greedy me, I turned around and headed back to Kamenka. They were STILL there! So I go to take the MP5, and the second I looted it, my game crashed.

I quickly logged back in, and they were STILL there, I tried to loot it again, and it crashed, yet again. I logged back in AGAIN, and all of them were gone.

I was thankful for their contributions (hehe) but still wondering "were they glitched?".

Nevertheless I headed back up the coast then flanked around Cherno when I spotted a group of 5 survivors, standing in the exact same formation, over their dead 'friend'.

I waited for movement, saw none. I moved in. Once again ALL the same loot was on them. I took everything I could, and tried once again for the MP5. Crashed again.

I relogged and they were gone. So was all the loot I had taken from them.

Obviously a glitch but to me it was a punishment for me being greedy and trying to take more than I needed.

Ever since that experience I made two personal rules:

1) Never kill an AFK or unarmed survivor

2) Karma comes around quickly in DayZ, even if the game has got to bug out for it to occur.

• Like 12

How about the lootable shipwreck off Shalisty Island?

• Like 1