DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

The name was just a quick idea. Call it Myth-Hunters or whatever :D

Or perhaps even "Ghost-Busters"

• Like 1

It was a few days ago, in some barn, I have killed a zombie with a hatchet, I saw the whole dying animation.

I picked up all the supplies that were there, and as I faced the zombie again on my way out...he faced me too. He was just looking at me. I came a little closer and he kept staring. I have then axed him again and this time he died for good...I think :P

An infected that managed to regain some of his humanity? :lol:

My friend told me about a bus stop in the middle of a forest. Some say it's haunted :o

I found A bustop in the woods near Rog Pur. No ghosts though. If I go there again I'll put a screenie up.

I found A bustop in the woods near Rog Pur. No ghosts though. If I go there again I'll put a screenie up.

You needed to wait for the bus and see what happens

I've never seen a bus stop, but I can guarantee there is a sidewalk in the middle of the forest around 040120.

Where is Rog Pur?

When I first started playing DayZ, I spawned by a lighthouse. After searching through it and trying to find my friend somewhere around Chernogorsk, I wandered around some docks in the middle of the night. Trying to find and gather whatever supplies were there, I decided to get some flares out and I lit up the area a bit.

Now, I knew my friend was close, and we were sure that we had seen eachother atleast once earlier that night. I had no idea bandits existed back then, and when a player stepped out of the dark and aimed his M9 at me I quickly tried to talk to him in the chat. He just stood there for about a minute, and I thought he was typing back to me, and so I waited.

A couple of minutes later, I got tired of him and I moved away from the flare and disappeared somewhere behind him. I moved up to some trees and decided to watch the guy when a couple of zombies approached him. I was thinking I could loot his body if he got attacked, but before I could even consider doing so, I heard shots. Loud bangs, probably from a shotgun or a hunting rifle somewhere inside of Cherno.

I had a look behind me, just for a brief second. Nothing. Turned around again. Nothing. The flare was gone. The other survivor; gone. The zombies? Gone. 3 seconds later I was dead on the ground, shot to death by what seemed to be three bandits running all over me. That was my first time playing DayZ, and I will never be as scared as when I heard those first shots.

(May not be much of a Urban Legend, but it surely scared the living shit out of me. Enough to make me leave DayZ for a couple of weeks)

Edited by Gilatar

there are people sayng, there is ents, and Whomping Willow on dayz

So somebody want to check out the Bus Station, Green Mountain or other scary places on a night time server with me? I really want to do this but I definitely dont want to do this alone. I would shit bricks if something scary happens while Im alone in the dark :D

We can meet in teamspeak. My english isn't perfect but I think its good enough to communicate without problems.

Edited by Skoomer
  • Like 1

Okay everyone, I've got a new one that happened just a few hours ago.

I recently died and started up a new guy, I loaded around Elektrozavodsk. and I walked into the city to hit the hospital up for some morphine (I'm not having any of that "broken leg" shit) and other medical supplies, After I left I made my way north figuring I'd try my luck with better weapons at the big inland air field since I was only armed with the CZ 550 and revolver. I took the road leading to Topolka Dam since I was very familiar with that area, after that I took a left at the big road fork and made my way to Mogilevka.

About 2 or 3 kilometers out from Mogilevka I started hearing this really weird static which felt like it was coming from all around me, I tried walking in different directions for a little bit until I knew where it was coming from. It was such a strange sound, I say "static" but it was more like static played on a fast speed and muffled a little bit. After some experiments i THINK it was coming from the direction of Mogilevka. I continued on made it past the town and I followed the main road that turns east after you leave the town and then curves back north but as I continued this path the static started to faid away a little bit. Again I heard it all around me in no particular direction, but as I turned back it got louder again.

After a few more experiments I figured the noise was coming from the north west so I followed it, every time I hit a road I started following it so I wouldn't get lost again but as I did the noise kept fading away, so I continued to off road to the north west. after I passed a town called Vyshnoye on my left I started hearing breaks in the static. as I moved even further I heard other noises in the static, after a while it really felt like they were voices talking. I couldn't make out anything they said between the static and drops in noise.

Eventually these sounds lead me to Pop Ivan (A little hill north of Vyshnoye) as I approached a tower made from wire and pipes the noises got louder, but the words were still garbled too bad for me to hear anything. (I'm still not sure if they were really voices or just strange sounds) but right when I was about 5 feet from the tower all the noise stopped. It was nothing but silence except the normal noises (leaves rustling, birds chirping, ect.)

I'm not sure what ANY of this was or if any of it was a bug or not. But I've dubbed this event "The Static of Pop Ivan Tower"

• Like 10

The Predator is lurking the forests, every little noise might be him ready to kill you.

"Any time.." (if you got that reference well done, you're not an idiot)

• Like 5

Myshkino lights was probably the best story I've heard on here so far. Very well written as well!

Let's keep the magic rolling, people.

• Like 1

Well damn...I met the shadow again...

This time it was in up near Vobyr.. I was making the usual loot runs at night. I should say that this is the first time i've gotten back onto a server during the night since the last time. So I probably actually saw it a few times a distance... but it was too dark and it blended in with the other infected silhouettes at distance. But when I think about it, the shadow never really moves when I see it. It stands perfectly still, not like a glitched animation but how you'd expect a normal human to stand. so after looting the usual supermarket/office combo (And seeing it a few times in my periphery) Finally I come face to face with it again.. It's in the lobby of the offices when I was exiting. It felt like it was always looking, though you couldn't really tell with the wisps and shadows it seemed to cast from nowhere. This time I try something new, I open up direct chat "Hello?... can you hear me?" Nothing... just stares "Hey, uh-.. friendly?" Still stares. So I slowly back out of the office, keeping an eye on him and keeping my wits up if it shows up again... So I make my way out and come to a pretty barren field and start heading for the treeline.Everything goes quiet....no insects, no wind, just dead silence. I reach about the middle of the field and suddenly
*THUD*
it pops up in front me and makes me just about jump outta my chair. It kinda left some weird echoing thud as it popped in. Anyway, I yell "JESUS! What the hell are you, what do you want?" It stares and I kinda hear some soft breathing...almost distorted... then
IT
starts talking. It's this weird voice, really distorted and echo-y, like it's far off I'd say. And I couldn't really tell if the voice was a guy or a gal. "I-.....I want..." it started off, I replied "What? why do you keep stalking me? Why the hell do you keep running? How the hell do you just take bullets like last time?!" I just start barraging this thing with questions, but it keeps talking while I am "want....I.....to.....I.....infec-..." I could only make out little bit of whatever it was trying to say. The rest was just inaudible whispers overlaying each other. so it's just about at this point that I whip out my flashlight (cause that drove it off last time) and flick it on. And for like half a second I actually see past the shadows...I don't even know how to describe it, a mangled mess of red gore that resembles a decayed human, I think. As the light hit it, all the whispers and odd sounds it was making just stopped, and it was gone...At this point I'm shaking and my heart is in my throat so I just DC and sit...

Fuck night-time servers...
Edited by Foogals
  • Like 21

Well damn...I met the shadow again...

This time it was in up near Vobyr.. I was making the usual loot runs at night. I should say that this is the first time i've gotten back onto a server during the night since the last time. So I probably actually saw it a few times a distance... but it was too dark and it blended in with the other infected silhouettes at distance. But when I think about it, the shadow never really moves when I see it. It stands perfectly still, not like a glitched animation but how you'd expect a normal human to stand. so after looting the usual supermarket/office combo (And seeing it a few times in my periphery) Finally I come face to face with it again.. It's in the lobby of the offices when I was exiting. It felt like it was always looking, though you couldn't really tell with the wisps and shadows it seemed to cast from nowhere. This time I try something new, I open up direct chat "Hello?... can you hear me?" Nothing... just stares "Hey, uh-.. friendly?" Still stares. So I slowly back out of the office, keeping an eye on him and keeping my wits up if it shows up again... So I make my way out and come to a pretty barren field and start heading for the treeline.Everything goes quiet....no insects, no wind, just dead silence. I reach about the middle of the field and suddenly
*THUD*
it pops up in front me and makes me just about jump outta my chair. It kinda left some weird echoing thud as it popped in. Anyway, I yell "JESUS! What the hell are you, what do you want?" It stares and I kinda hear some soft breathing...almost distorted... then
IT
starts talking. It's this weird voice, really distorted and echo-y, like it's far off I'd say. And I couldn't really tell if the voice was a guy or a gal. "I-.....I want..." it started off, I replied "What? why do you keep stalking me? Why the hell do you keep running? How the hell do you just take bullets like last time?!" I just start barraging this thing with questions, but it keeps talking while I am "want....I.....to.....I.....infec-..." I could only make out little bit of whatever it was trying to say. The rest was just inaudible whispers overlaying each other. so it's just about at this point that I whip out my flashlight (cause that drove it off last time) and flick it on. And for like half a second I actually see past the shadows...I don't even know how to describe it, a mangled mess of red gore that resembles a decayed human, I think. As the light hit it, all the whispers and odd sounds it was making just stopped, and it was gone...At this point I'm shaking and my heart is in my throat so I just DC and sit...

Fuck night-time servers...

We need to get a campfire going at night at Green Mountain and tell some more of these Ghost Stories.

• Like 12

We need to get a campfire going at night at Green Mountain and tell some more of these Ghost Stories.

I'm in for it, just hope the shadow stops following me...

• Like 3

I'd be game for that.

• Like 1

Foogals, you need to bring the Shadow along!

Fuck that! Have you ever been around it? It fills you with fear... like he took the hope and love right outta you. It's like staring right at fear itself!

Tell me when and I'll go with you

Edited by Skoomer

Well, it would have to be at night of course (3am - the Witching Hour), a full/part moon, preferably, and lots of willing participants.