Sign in to follow this  
David375

DayZ "You are Dead" Sheet Music

So a while back I created a string quartet arrangement of the death theme for DayZ mod. Turns out it was a song borrowed from a semi-obscure TV depiction of old Japanese horror stories (at least it was really freaking hard to find ANYTHING on the show, possibly due to lack of American imports). Anyways, I attached links for the PDF of sheet music, the .MIDI if you want to use it in Synthesia or electric keyboards, and an .MP3 for casual listening. Hope you enjoy!

David375

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7hS_um_ONY2cXJ0MW9UY1lWN3M MIDI

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7hS_um_ONY2LWNQRThLYWtvNlk MP3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7hS_um_ONY2OUNUZXNaaEw5QkE PDF

• Like 3

sorry I had failed to make the files public on Drive, it should be good to go now.

For some reason, the site with the midi version doesn't play on the browser. [though you can download it, and maybe it's my Chrome browser being a snobby ass]
Mp3 version took a minute to start playing, but that might just be my computer/internet.

It's a really nice song. But the way it sounds right now, for me, doesn't fit dayz. It's a little too angelic sounding. 
A violin or piano, and a slower pace. I feel that would fit Dayz better. 

This type of music (the sound, not the construction or whatever) says "DayZ" to me.
If someone else picks up the PDF and tries a new version, my personal recommendation is to aim for that sound.

Forgot to add: I like your signature. Cool mottos. Know I've heard the light from the tunnel one somewhere, but what about the above ones?

Edited by Deadjuice

Hello there

Im always a sucker for midi files.

I'll do some production work to it when work quietens down. I'tll be nice to boot up the Mac again.

TYVM!

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

For some reason, the site with the midi version doesn't play on the browser. [though you can download it, and maybe it's my Chrome browser being a snobby ass]

Mp3 version took a minute to start playing, but that might just be my computer/internet.

It's a really nice song. But the way it sounds right now, for me, doesn't fit dayz. It's a little too angelic sounding. 

A violin or piano, and a slower pace. I feel that would fit Dayz better. 

This type of music (the sound, not the construction or whateversays "DayZ" to me.

If someone else picks up the PDF and tries a new version, my personal recommendation is to aim for that sound.

Thanks. I picked the quartet feeling partially because it was already written in that set, and partially because I wanted to convince myself I should teach myself cello just for this piece. I always needed an excuse, but haven't had the time or have been too lazy.

You are right that it sounds a little angelic, but I believe that was because the music wasn't written FOR the game, but borrowed from another source. Thus the mismatch in feeling/tone/instrument selection. I still love the piece though, has lots of nostalgia for me. I may try a rewrite of the song at a future time, perhaps arrange it for piano instead.

.Forgot to add: I like your signature. Cool mottos. Know I've heard the light from the tunnel one somewhere, but what about the above ones?

The Gentleman one came from my favorite English teacher, back in 9'th grade. Weirdest dude I've ever met. The efficiency one just came from one of those funny/motivational posters, I still have it on my old 3rd Gen Ipod touch. The last one was just a personal extra.

Hello there

Im always a sucker for midi files.

I'll do some production work to it when work quietens down. I'tll be nice to boot up the Mac again.

TYVM!

Rgds

LoK

You are very welcome! I can't wait to see the final outcome if you do any edits. I am going to either attempt to play this myself or get a friend from school to give me a hand in producing this, but I'll see.

• Like 1

Depending if I find time, I may or may not take suggestions as to future pieces to arrange. I really like ones where no sheets seem to exist, or where arrangements are limited in scope, because I get to listen to the song 100+ times to write it down

I am currently considering "Perfect Area Complete", the opening theme from "Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni", because the only worthy arrangement so far on youtube was someone who learned from ear, never wrote down the music, and can't satisfy demand from commenters. But I'll save this kind of stuff for the Non-DayZ sections of the forum.

Thanks. I picked the quartet feeling partially because it was already written in that set, and partially because I wanted to convince myself I should teach myself cello just for this piece. I always needed an excuse, but haven't had the time or have been too lazy.

I do like it man. Good that you stuck to the original piece in a sense.

You are right that it sounds a little angelic, but I believe that was because the music wasn't written FOR the game, but borrowed from another source. Thus the mismatch in feeling/tone/instrument selection. I still love the piece though, has lots of nostalgia for me. I may try a rewrite of the song at a future time, perhaps arrange it for piano instead.

I hear you.

And yes, when you get the chance, a piano version, I think that would sound great.

The Gentleman one came from my favorite English teacher, back in 9'th grade. Weirdest dude I've ever met. The efficiency one just came from one of those funny/motivational posters, I still have it on my old 3rd Gen Ipod touch. The last one was just a personal extra.

The Gentleman one is very interesting. And the last one is nice. Also like the lucky one, that's how I feel a lot of times: All is fun in war or whatever, but you can't boast about something, when you know the situation favored someone else, and yet you came out on top. Proper acknowledgment must be acknowledged. 

Edited by Deadjuice