Sign in to follow this  
EHNR

Do not make DayZ SA Moddable.

Hey,

I just wanted to say that DayZ Standalone was meant for real zombie surviving with old but also great weapons that you could find in the game self.

If they allow modding in DayZ Standalone why wouldn't you just remove DayZ SA and keep the DayZ Mod as it would 100% be the same as DayZ Mod.

I hope they won't allow DayZ SA Modding because it'll be shit, I bought DayZ Standalone to survive against people and environment, not to go against modded crap.

That's literally all I have to say

• Like 3

If they allow modding in DayZ Standalone why wouldn't you just remove DayZ SA and keep the DayZ Mod as it would 100% be the same as DayZ Mod.

Care to elaborate on that?

Because it literally doesn't make any sense. The only reason DayZ exists in the first place is because of modding and if modding wasn't allowed there would only be ARMA 2, which Standalone obviously is not.

• Like 6

Care to elaborate on that?

Because it literally doesn't make any sense. The only reason DayZ exists in the first place is because of modding and if modding wasn't allowed there would only be ARMA 2, which Standalone obviously is not.

No i mean dayz sa modding..

Like people being allowed to move shit ( hills etc ) and add random crap into the game self.

Why not allow it? Nobody will be forcing you to play any of those mods, will they? 

• Like 2

Thank you... This game is over the second people can MOD it.  Here come the Fighter Jets and Submarines. It will turn into a cheaters paradise and a piece of  %^#% just like the Mod. I figure it won't be for a while though so get your fun in now. Mabey they will make it so you can mod it a few years down the road ... about the same time when they add the tent persistence in.

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 1

While a lot of mods did ruin the mod (Wow the irony) for me, not all of them are quite so bad. You just have to take the time to find what you like, and join a server with that content (Or lack thereof). Their are official servers, so it isn't like we will be without an untouched server. Let people have options, as stated earlier no one is forcing you to play any of the mods.

Why not allow it? Nobody will be forcing you to play any of those mods, will they? 

Yeah and the only left standing regular servers will be 30 pop with allot of hackers because of the modding being allowed.

Yeah and the only left standing regular servers will be 30 pop with allot of hackers because of the modding being allowed.

Explain. Because that makes absolutely no sense.

Explain. Because that makes absolutely no sense.

If i am right, correct me if i am wrong but as far i know, whenever a game allows modding, hackers can use the ways created in-side the game to allow modding, on their advantage to make even hacks that are worse then the ones we've seen/heard about already.

just out of my experience and what i've heard around.

If i am right, correct me if i am wrong but as far i know, whenever a game allows modding, hackers can use the ways created in-side the game to allow modding, on their advantage to make even hacks that are worse then the ones we've seen/heard about already.

just out of my experience and what i've heard around.

No, not necessarily. It depends on the way the mod is created. Especially if a mod is serverbased there's no way someone would be able to interfere or even be able to read that code (much like the way it's being handled right now), unless there's a flaw in the game engine itself.

ARMA 2 was never meant to handle a playerbase such as DayZ Mod provided, which is why the scripting was rampant - but this is one thing that the standalone set out to change. Thus, as long as the base game is safe and the modder has a little bit of experience with the engine and how things are being handled, it's safe.

And I don't expect the "not so experienced" modders to release extremely popular mods anyway, as they usually go along with poor performance, which puts people right off.

TL;DR: It's not the modding availability itself that may be a problem, it's the modders.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

The games I've put most hours into are either moddable or mods.

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't care much if modding were scrapped because I mostly want a vanilla public hive DayZ experience.

That being said, modding will probably be much more beneficial to DayZ SA than it will be detrimental.

With any luck, most of the grief players will gravitate to easy mode modded servers.....

• Like 5

Speaking as an old mod player,the SA version is fundamentally a different game.

That being said,maybe tomorrow the Vanilla version won't turn out to be good in the end.

If that happens,i don't see what's wrong in someone making a mod that's closer to my preferences.

There's no reason in restricting player freedom and forbidding users from modding the game.

On the contrary,we should support every endeavor in favor of fan-made content.

• Like 1

modding is how we will be able to play on different maps like namalsk and possibly NAPF or some other map someone thinks up. I understand the concern a little about the modding but we don't even know the extent they are even going to allow yet. I for one hope they don't allow modding of the loot like 10X loot or adjusting the spawns like 10x M4 spawns in barns or 100X vehicles with super speed i'm sure it will happen folks like easy mode but if thats what folks want i guess thats what will exist we'll just have to wait and see what the limitations are but i for one can't wait to play on namalsk updated with the new tech.

Thank you... This game is over the second people can MOD it. Here come the Fighter Jets and Submarines. It will turn into a cheaters paradise and a piece of %^#% just like the Mod.

You can make an argument about mods being detrimental to the experience, but not so many in this thread.

BI has always been about player freedom (not changing), it has drawbacks for sure, but the good outweighs the bad. Dayz wouldn't even exist if not for BI's openess. Who knows what will come out of this, great maps yes, snow maps and gameplay yes, survivor game tournaments yes, freaking dinosaurs yes, I could go on and on.

If you don't like modding and can't stomach hackers go play on the console version. I'll probably get around to buying one once it gets closer, just to play with friends, I'll even buy them the dam game if I have too.

Bi has shown strong concern for handling their public servers and keeping them up, no matter what comes of the modding scene. Chill out.

Edited by Coheed_IV

I'm going to have to agree with you on this. As much as I love and support modding in games, modding could ruin this games community. Look at the mod. Everyone always played OverPoch or another mod, no one ever played the vanilla game. The same thing will happen if DayZ SA becomes moddable. There will be mods with tons of easy-to-acquire automatic weapons and attack helicopters and huge base-building, and everyone will play those mods which will not hold the same experience as the vanilla experience intended by the developers. This will affect people whether or not they play the mods. If everyone else is playing the mod then there will be no one playing the vanilla game, thus the game will be dead for people who do not like the mod.

• Like 1

No, not necessarily. It depends on the way the mod is created. Especially if a mod is serverbased there's no way someone would be able to interfere or even be able to read that code (much like the way it's being handled right now), unless there's a flaw in the game engine itself.

ARMA 2 was never meant to handle a playerbase such as DayZ Mod provided, which is why the scripting was rampant - but this is one thing that the standalone set out to change. Thus, as long as the base game is safe and the modder has a little bit of experience with the engine and how things are being handled, it's safe.

And I don't expect the "not so experienced" modders to release extremely popular mods anyway, as they usually go along with poor performance, which puts people right off.

TL;DR: It's not the modding availability itself that may be a problem, it's the modders.

If you think about DayZ Standalone on the regular-player(s) side not the staff team side, would you think that most of the people that actually play dayz standalone because of the surviving and none modding would be happy when modding gets into a game they actually hoped to play for a long time?

Like come on, You have to get the idea of what I mean, Modding will make the game rip because DayZ Mod is going to be exactly the same as DayZ Standalone then.

Hmm... I already see people in here who were against forcing 1st person ("you have your own 1st person servers, they are less popular, don't force everyone else to play your way", etc)... yet want to force vanilla on everyone who purchased the game despite devs' promises of future modding capabilities. Happens every time this subject pops up. So to flip that back: you have vanilla servers, they are (or have been, will be) less popular, don't force everyone else to play your way. 

6.gif

• Like 4

I don't see modding as a benefit either, when it comes to DayZ Standalone..

• Like 1

Some of the ideas in this thread are so backward it's hard to imagine...

By definition modding can have zero impact on the vanilla standalone experience. Unless a mod comes along that is jsut so eprfect that the devs decide to implement it into the vnailla, what is there to worry about?

People played DayZ mods because of more vehicles and basebuilding and variety, something that the DayZ standalone is trying to shoot for with the vanilla. That said there is no telling what awesome content the modding community will produce.

Anyone who purchased minecraft back in the early days (I have an alpha minecraft account) will thoroughly understand the incredible and vast impact that mods can have on the playability of the game.

My only hope is that the vanilla mod has enough vehicle variety/access and basebuilding mechanics that the main focus of the mods will be on other things and not on fleshing out these two main mechanics.

Put simply I'm worried that I'm going to need to rely on the modding community to get what I feel is a full set of features. The idea of disallowing modding is literally horrific...

• Like 3

Like come on, You have to get the idea of what I mean, Modding will make the game rip because DayZ Mod is going to be exactly the same as DayZ Standalone then.

I understand where you are coming from but you seem to have misconceptions about the way mods will function.

Mods will compete with one another and whichever mod provides the best content/features will become the most popular. Nobody will be forced to play a  given mod and there will always be vanilla servers for people to play on.

If you think about it, there is no good reason why modding will make SA "exactly the same as the DayZ mod". The only thing it can possibly do is add content ontop of what DayZ SA is already becoming. If servers with tanks and jets become the most popular (they never were the most popular, in fact mega militarized servers were rare) then so be it, but you and I don't have to play on those.

Do you remember on the mod when servers started to crank up their vehicle spawn numbers to the thousands and they became quite popular? Modding was the only thing that squashed that trend by adding constructable and purchasable vehicles with in game currency. Mods can only be successful if they improve upon the oiriginal; what is there to fear?

Edited by FlimFlamm

If i cant live in the 1978 dawn of the dead upon completion of this title, i will be a very unhappy man. 

Mine will be private, it will be real zombies, they will be slow as sh*t, and too numerous to count. 

And ill affect...... absolutely no-one, or anything. 

• Like 3

I understand where you are coming from but you seem to have misconceptions about the way mods will function.

Mods will compete with one another and whichever mod provides the best content/features will become the most popular. Nobody will be forced to play a  given mod and there will always be vanilla servers for people to play on.

If you think about it, there is no good reason why modding will make SA "exactly the same as the DayZ mod". The only thing it can possibly do is add content ontop of what DayZ SA is already becoming. If servers with tanks and jets become the most popular (they never were the most popular, in fact mega militarized servers were rare) then so be it, but you and I don't have to play on those.

Do you remember on the mod when servers started to crank up their vehicle spawn numbers to the thousands and they became quite popular? Modding was the only thing that squashed that trend by adding constructable and purchasable vehicles with in game currency. Mods can only be successful if they improve upon the oiriginal; what is there to fear?

Yeah but there will be less servers that aren't modded when modding comes out.

Also, Modding in general isn't fun maybe if they allow modding on SINGLE PLAYER ( which i heard they were going to add ) then ok... but seriously on DayZ SA Multiplayer ew, why don't you just play DayZ Mod then if you want modding.

Yeah but there will be less servers that aren't modded when modding comes out.

Also, Modding in general isn't fun maybe if they allow modding on SINGLE PLAYER ( which i heard they were going to add ) then ok... but seriously on DayZ SA Multiplayer ew, why don't you just play DayZ Mod then if you want modding.

Basically what you're saying is that you want to restrict people from playing what they want to play and force them to play what you want to play so that you have a bigger player population to entertain you...

Is that fair to the other people who have their own desires about what they want to play?

Can we even sit here and speculate about what's better when we have no clue exactly what the vanilla SA will be like, and even less of a clue what the mods will be like?

I don't know why you say things like "modding in general isn't fun". The only things I can think of that might make me think this is general buggyness or unappealing content, but buggy or unappealing content won't be popular among DayZ mods.

Finally, you keep telling players to go play the DayZ mod as if it has everything to offer that the standalone does not or should not. The standalone is aiming to have indepth vehicles and basebuilding, just like the main features of the mods. DayZ standalone is essentially trying to improve upon the original DayZ and it's mods. Saying "if you want modding then play the DayZ mod" is not fair because the DayZ mod is a different game with an older engine, worse performance, less potential, and we've already played it out.

DayZ standalone is a remake; an improvement. We want mods for the standalone just as we wanted mods for the original, and as always, the modding community will drag us kicking and screaming, and in the end, we'll thank them. Just remember that the DayZ SA vanilla is simply going to be a remake inspired heavily by modded versions of the original DayZ mod. Telling us to go play DayZ mod is like telling us to play DayZ SA Vanilla.

Edited by FlimFlamm

In conclusion, this thread is saying: "I don't want optional, free, and unlimited additional content for DayZ SA".

Why would anyone ever say this?

Edited by FlimFlamm