Sign in to follow this  
Luftpancake

Zombies can bleed

Hello fellow survivors of the standalone. I think  that zombies should start bleeding (Like players) when injured with a sharp object, as in a knife, or bullet. asuming their sickness is similar to player getting sick, they would bleed out faster than players depending on the injury. An example is, say i were to stab a zombie with a machete, it does not kill the zombie, but the zombie starts to bleed, the zombie chases me and bleeds out and dies after a short period of time, say 2 to 5 minutes. I figured this would make sense because the zombie, (last time i checked) is a human, but infected. Since it's a human, it can bleed.

• Like 6

What would be great as well is that the blood trail was persistant. That way you could go in to a town and see blood all over the streets and doors and everything lol

• Like 1

Not sure if I like this idea that much. I would rather have hordes of infected that don't bleed rather than a smaller amount that do.

Not sure if I like this idea that much. I would rather have hordes of infected that don't bleed rather than a smaller amount that do.

Or hordes of infected that bleed?

I like the concept. The zeds are live human beings after all.

Or hordes of infected that bleed?

That would, of course, be awesome but I am just scared about what kind of performance hit servers would take handling a bunch of bleeding NPC entities. :)

• Like 2

That would, of course, be awesome but I am just scared about what kind of performance hit servers would take handling a bunch of bleeding NPC entities. :)

I could just imagine walking into Cherno after a group of guys went ham with blades and painted the town red.  It would be like watching a slow motion movie.

• Like 3

As long as I can still have a ton of infected trailing me through the cities, I'm all for this. (But if this comes at a sacrifice of a higher zed count, nuh uh, no deal)

• Like 2

Maybe they could bleed without a graphical depiction, a sacrifice for the best of both worlds?

We'll call it.... internal bleeding. :P

• Like 1

Yes more graphics to worry about with frames per second :D

cherno full of blood ( atm ) = 10 fps max 

Yea. Then five minutes later they'll die. 

just make a zombie texture with blood on it

hit = 25% chance of bleeding (seems fair)

if hit : change.texture to zombie and zombie will loose 5 blood point p sec

if hit : rifle/gun: 90% bleeding chance

so instead of having bleed particles just change the zombie texture when hit with a texture with blood on it (see arma 3 and arma2)

• Like 2