HomerJay27

Civilian semi-auto rifles

. As for the AK-101 they should change it to AK-74M since that's what it is, and it's obvious.

Not to mention this allows them to remove the Side rail on the ak74 and akm as they were only found in the N model of both weapons meanwhile every ak74m has a side rail right from the factory. Meanwhile Older military issued akms and ak74s do not.

That's just an SVT-40 modified to use the 15-round AVS-36 magazines (or perhaps an AVS-36 magazine modified to fit the SVT-40.) You can see the same thing happening with the AVS-36 on top; it's using an SVT-40 mag. They weren't built to do that and it's not a common modification at all (Considering that AVS-36s are piss rare and the SVT-40 isn't exactly common either.)

However, I have learned that the SVT-40 can use 5Rnd Mosin stripper clips, so I guess in pretty much all cases this rifle would be an upgrade to the Mosin. The only downside is no direct hand loading, and as of right now the different reload animations would not work (even though we've seen that that's going to change soon.)

That's an AVT, not an AVS. (The AVS has a different muzzle brake and the stock extends past the wooden upper handguard) It's a 20 round AVT/SVT mag.

Edited by agouti

That's an AVT, not an AVS. (The AVS has a different muzzle brake and the stock extends past the wooden upper handguard) It's a 20 round AVT/SVT mag.

Alrighty then - 20 round SVT mags it is! The gun's actually a lot more versatile than I thought it was originally. 20-rounders would still be extremely rare both on the principle of gameplay and realism (20 round mags are far less common)

Variety, yes, but you did seem of the opinion 16" AR is not different enough from M4A1 - I'm pointing out in that case neither are the other variants you mentioned, they might look different but the gameplay would be the same. I don't care about pointless so much, me, I wouldn't mind a bunch more slightly different AK variants but I often see people complain "enough AKs!". As for the AK-101 they should change it to AK-74M since that's what it is, and it's obvious. They should have done so long ago, the fact it takes 5.56 makes little to no difference in function or performance, it just makes it wrong for no good purpose. The big difference from the AK-74, if they chose to work on it, would be its folding stock, though they would also need to remove the ability for all these instant stock swaps. Make AKMS and AKM two different guns, etc. Doubt this would happen.

A semi-automatic 16' carbine would be a civilian weapon and require a significant change to where AR parts spawn and change - an MK18 would undoubtedly just spawn where the M4A1 did. I don't like the idea of a rifle that gives you basically everything the M4A1 has except for selective fire in civilian spawns, hence why I think an older Sporter with a fixed carrying handle would be more appropriate. I have no problem with an AR-15 in general, I just think giving it the same capabilities as the helicopter crashsite rifle would be detrimental.

Either they change the AK-101 to the AK-74M or give it a proper magazine; either is appropriate in my mind. The big problem I have with it is that it's claiming to be a rifle that it's not with the identical magazine, but if they changed it it makes no difference to me. I too want folding stocks and whatnot but I doubt it's ever going to be a function, and I'm sure you'd have a ton of whining when people suddenly realized that they're not going to be swapping stocks or handguards anymore.

Not to mention this allows them to remove the Side rail on the ak74 and akm as they were only found in the N model of both weapons meanwhile every ak74m has a side rail right from the factory. Meanwhile Older military issued akms and ak74s do not.

Unfortunately I don't think that's likely anymore considering that the Kashtan C-1 is meant for the entire AK platform. The argument made sense when the PSO-1 was all there was and it was clearly just to test it for the future SVD but at this point now that they have a dedicated optic it'd be very weird if it could only be used on one gun from the AK platform. (Besides the VSS and SVD)

However, I have learned that the SVT-40 can use 5Rnd Mosin stripper clips, so I guess in pretty much all cases this rifle would be an upgrade to the Mosin. The only downside is no direct hand loading, and as of right now the different reload animations would not work (even though we've seen that that's going to change soon.)

pu4qj5il.jpg

Indeed you can load them with the very same stripper clip you'd use for a mosin. I do so all the time.

You've confused me on the "no direct handloading" part. Do you mean chambering a single round at a time without a magazine? That's extremely easy as the chamber is just a little below that bottom cartridge. It sticks out quite a bit.

pu4qj5il.jpg

Indeed you can load them with the very same stripper clip you'd use for a mosin. I do so all the time.

You've confused me on the "no direct handloading" part. Do you mean chambering a single round at a time without a magazine? That's extremely easy as the chamber is just a little below that bottom cartridge. It sticks out quite a bit.

Nah, I mean "loose loading" the gun completely without the stripper clip - with the Mosin you can still individually load all five rounds into the gun without needing a stripper clip but the SVT requires a clip or magazine to load more than a single round into the chamber.

Nah, I mean "loose loading" the gun completely without the stripper clip - with the Mosin you can still individually load all five rounds into the gun without needing a stripper clip but the SVT requires a clip or magazine to load more than a single round into the chamber.

Absolutely you can load them individually without a stripper clip. Here's mine with the bolt locked back.

Of course, if you mean I can't load more than one at a time without the magazine into the SVT then yes you're out of luck with the SVT. I don't know why you're talking about stripper clips in that case then.

uxDj1Yrh.jpg

Absolutely you can load them individually without a stripper clip. Here's mine with the bolt locked back.

Of course, if you mean I can't load more than one at a time without the magazine into the SVT then yes you're out of luck with the SVT. I don't know why you're talking about stripper clips in that case then.

I'm referring to how in-game you can fully load some guns (like the Mosin) with just loose rounds, whereas certain guns can only chamber one loose round (i.e. the M4A1) and require another means, such as magazines, to hold more.

You can still load five rounds into the Mosin without a stripper clip. The SVT-40 needs its detachable magazine in order to hold any more than a single round.

I highly support the OP's original Semi-Auto Civilian Rifles, such as the Ruger Mini-14 and Vepr 5,45. I do believe that the Mini14 should take 10, 20 rnd magazines and possibly have attachment options in form of pistol grips and stocks.

As for people wanting AR-15's and higher caliber Hunting Rifles perhaps these might be interesting to add:

Remington 750 Forester

rem_mod750_lg.jpg

Remington R25

img_4066.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Bushmaster Predator

Bushmaster-Predators.jpg

High Standard AR-15A2

High_Standard_AR-15_A2_321039.jpg

• All four require magazines to be 100% effective
  • The R25 and 750 are chambered in .308 Winchester with 4 and 5 round magazine capacities respectively
  • The Bushmaster Predator and the High Standard AR-15A2 are chambered in .223/5,56mm
  • The Predator and the R25 do not have iron sights so they NEED a sight to use effectively past 50m, however they are equipped with Pictanny Rails so most M4 optics will work with them
  • The Bushmaster Predator can only accept M4 Sights and not stocks or fore ends
  • For the sake of Balance, perhaps only have 5 round magazines spawn for the R25 and Bushmaster Predator
  • The AR15A2 would be balanced against the M4A1 by having a fixed carry handle and stock so M4A1 attachments are NOT interchangable with the weapon BUT it can be use almost all of the STANAG type magazines. Perhaps a unique scope which can be attached to the carry handle could exist.
Edited by Draco122

Yea as with above the only AR platform rifle I see worth adding to supplement the m4 is maybe a varmint ar 15.

The reason why it might be worth it is that the varmint rifle would actually play differently than the m4 unlike something like an m16 or mk18.

The varmint rifle would boast something like a 22-24 inch barrel increasing the muzzle velocity of 5.56 substantially, it would have a good accurate trigger,

Then again both of those things could simply be used in a bolt action rifle in .223 and for the games aesthetics it might be the better route.

Yea as with above the only AR platform rifle I see worth adding to supplement the m4 is maybe a varmint ar 15.

The reason why it might be worth it is that the varmint rifle would actually play differently than the m4 unlike something like an m16 or mk18.

The varmint rifle would boast something like a 22-24 inch barrel increasing the muzzle velocity of 5.56 substantially, it would have a good accurate trigger,

Then again both of those things could simply be used in a bolt action rifle in .223 and for the games aesthetics it might be the better route.

Any appropriate M16 is going to have a burst trigger group rather than full-auto, so it's already different to the M4A1.

Any appropriate M16 is going to have a burst trigger group rather than full-auto, so it's already different to the M4A1.

Not enough of a difference to merit it.

It is not that inherently different from using bursts in full auto.

Handling, ballistics and muzzle velocity the really important things would be 95 percent the same as the m4.

Not enough of a difference to merit it.

It is not that inherently different from using bursts in full auto.

Handling, ballistics and muzzle velocity the really important things would be 95 percent the same as the m4.

You have campaigned for the M16A2 before - so apparently at some point you did think it was worth having.

And any new AR-15 type rifles they add will most certainly use the M4A1's model as the basis, meaning that your civilian varmint AR-15 rifles will have all plethora of tacticool gear you dislike.

What about the m1 garand. Great rifle looks nice and is unique out all of the semi auto rifles of ww2. It uses a 8 round enbloc clip filled with .30.06. Sure it us and needs a new round but .30.06 is a very popular hunting round. Though I found this to..http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-m1-garand-confirmed-on-dev-weapons-list/

Looks like its confirmed not sure about it though.

Im up for any rifles that add variety to the game so you get my vote on this one. So what if there are rifles similar to other ones or it might be a gun not found in a post soviet country? Again more variety the better.

Offtopic: I just think developers need to add some common military weapons that ARN'T rifles or pistols and that ARN'T strictly Russian based that I don't have to hunt at damn helicopter crash sites for.

• Like 1

Offtopic: I just think developers need to add some common military weapons that ARN'T rifles or pistols and that ARN'T strictly Russian based that I don't have to hunt at damn helicopter crash sites for.

This.

I really don't understand why NATO weapons are all helicopter crash-only. We see Western Ballistic helmets, UK Assault vests, Western BDU, etc. spawning fairly commonly at general military sites. Doesn't this indicate that Western and/or UN forces were stationed there before/during the apocalypse? In that case shouldn't Western weapons like the M4 spawn there? I'm cool with the Western military weapons being rare heli crash loot, but only if there is some consistency and Western military gear/clothing follows the same rules.

Im up for any rifles that add variety to the game so you get my vote on this one. So what if there are rifles similar to other ones or it might be a gun not found in a post soviet country? Again more variety the better.

Offtopic: I just think developers need to add some common military weapons that ARN'T rifles or pistols and that ARN'T strictly Russian based that I don't have to hunt at damn helicopter crash sites for.

thank you for stating this, this is what we need not everything has to be from that area but any gun that's added shouldnt be too.. Unrealistic. They should start with more civilian semi autos ar 15s, civilian aks, m1 garlands, svt 40s, and maybe a tiger rifle. I don't understand why the devs dont like adding more ammo types .30.06,Mauser rounds, 45-70 government or some other reapeter rounds, and maybe some more hunting rounds or pistol magnum ammo can be great to add diversity. We only have 2 semi auto rifles a sporter and a SKS. We definity need more glad this post is up maybe the Devs will see.
  • Like 1

This.

I really don't understand why NATO weapons are all helicopter crash-only. We see Western Ballistic helmets, UK Assault vests, Western BDU, etc. spawning fairly commonly at general military sites. Doesn't this indicate that Western and/or UN forces were stationed there before/during the apocalypse? In that case shouldn't Western weapons like the M4 spawn there? I'm cool with the Western military weapons being rare heli crash loot, but only if there is some consistency and Western military gear/clothing follows the same rules.

Western milsurp gear and whatnot is actually very popular and easy to come by all over the world - looking at the conflict in Ukraine there's plenty of tactical western gear used on both sides, and even groups like ISIL have modern plate carriers and whatnot (not ones that were issued to the Iraqi military and police, either.) It's so easily available because there's a high demand for it and most countries have few restrictions on letting it in (as opposed to guns.) Plus, despite what folks like gibonez might say (even though he has a point about tactical guns, to an extent) - the conventional "operator" look we see is mimicked worldwide.

However, with rifles like the M4A1 and AUG, there really isn't any reason that the CDF would have any - they have their AKMs, AK74s, and even 5.56 AK-101s, so they have no use for M4s. With the M4A1 in specific they could justify it spawning in barracks and whatnot as military aid from the ArmA 2 conflict, but my guess is that they just wanted a standard rifle to separate the heli crash gear from otherwise.

What about the m1 garand. Great rifle looks nice and is unique out all of the semi auto rifles of ww2. It uses a 8 round enbloc clip filled with .30.06. Sure it us and needs a new round but .30.06 is a very popular hunting round. Though I found this to..http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-m1-garand-confirmed-on-dev-weapons-list/

Looks like its confirmed not sure about it though.

Garand doesn't really make any sense, though. .30-06 is perfectly fine but if it's added it's much better reserved for hunting rifles and whatnot. Besides the Colt 1911 and Browning M2HB (and maybe the M1919) you're going to be hard pressed to justify any American WW2 weapons. Honestly if they're going to add rounds for another style of WW2 guns, which they really don't need to, they'd be better off doing the 7.92x57 round for German weapons like the Gewehr 98 and G43. I still see no reason for either of those, but if you want realism then they're better than a Garand or Springfield.

However, really, for remaining WW2 guns all they really have to do is a TT33, PPSh, and SVT40 and they're fine. Maybe throw guns like the DP28/DPM, Luger, and MP40 in later on just for kicks. Otherwise, there's no need.

Offtopic: I just think developers need to add some common military weapons that ARN'T rifles or pistols and that ARN'T strictly Russian based that I don't have to hunt at damn helicopter crash sites for.

The MP5K and PM73 RAK that spawn aren't rifles/pistols nor Russian. The point of the crashsites is that they have hard to access gear that wouldn't be available to a regular Eastern European army.

You might eventually see some western gear get put into regular military spawns, but don't expect it to be super awesome top level gear like the SVD or VSS.

However, really, for remaining WW2 guns all they really have to do is a TT33, PPSh, and SVT40 and they're fine. Maybe throw guns like the DP28/DPM, Luger, and MP40 in later on just for kicks. Otherwise, there's no need.

The MP5K and PM73 RAK that spawn aren't rifles/pistols nor Russian. The point of the crashsites is that they have hard to access gear that wouldn't be available to a regular Eastern European army.

You might eventually see some western gear get put into regular military spawns, but don't expect it to be super awesome top level gear like the SVD or VSS.

No I don't expect every weapon to be sniper quality what I mean is there just needs to be more variety in general with everything. There are still uzis and plenty of other weapons that can be put in regardless of need or want. I actually expect a few more assault rifles and bullpup variety weapons before everything is all said and done. It doesn't matter if it uses the same rounds it can just be different skins of various weapon types. There is still the lack of the M16 or AR 15 as well. And id like to see a full automatic Glock pistol before everything is over that can be a rare pistol.

But back on track to the semi automatic rifles allot of these varieties are quite appealing.

Edited by Deathlove

No I don't expect every weapon to be sniper quality what I mean is there just needs to be more variety in general with everything. There are still uzis and plenty of other weapons that can be put in regardless of need or want. I actually expect a few more assault rifles and bullpup variety weapons before everything is all said and done. It doesn't matter if it uses the same rounds it can just be different skins of various weapon types. There is still the lack of the M16 or AR 15 as well. And id like to see a full automatic Glock pistol before everything is over that can be a rare pistol.

But back on track to the semi automatic rifles allot of these varieties are quite appealing.

Well yeah, that stuff is fine. I thought you meant that there should be guns like the MK14 EBR or M72 LAW spawning at general military spawns, not just generic stuff.

Glock 18s are somewhat feasible if they want a machine pistol (though some people call the Vz. 64 Skorpion a machine pistol), however, I'd prefer they added a G17 or G19 before it, as otherwise it makes little sense being the only Glock in the game. The only other plausible option would be a CZ 75 Automatic, but I'm not sure they want another CZ 75 in the game.

Well yeah, that stuff is fine. I thought you meant that there should be guns like the MK14 EBR or M72 LAW spawning at general military spawns, not just generic stuff.

Glock 18s are somewhat feasible if they want a machine pistol (though some people call the Vz. 64 Skorpion a machine pistol), however, I'd prefer they added a G17 or G19 before it, as otherwise it makes little sense being the only Glock in the game. The only other plausible option would be a CZ 75 Automatic, but I'm not sure they want another CZ 75 in the game.

I was just naming some stuff off the top of my head. I'm not a super gun enthusiast lol.

What about a vz 52/57 chambered in the 7.62×39mm. Its like a SKS but looks a lot different and is fed through a detachable magazine I think. Was replaced by the vz 58 assault rifle would be a cool thing to find in civilian homes now that the SKS isn't spawning in civilian homes anymore.

What about a vz 52/57 chambered in the 7.62×39mm. Its like a SKS but looks a lot different and is fed through a detachable magazine I think. Was replaced by the vz 58 assault rifle would be a cool thing to find in civilian homes now that the SKS isn't spawning in civilian homes anymore.

Cool gun but not the best thing to add in my opinion. It's a 7.62x39mm semi-auto rifle fed from a 10-round magazine, meaning that the only major difference is that you have to find the mag for the vz. 52/57. And the two weapons also look very similar, so there's really no niche to fill. I'd support it, but guns are supposed to be very rare in DayZ, and every one that is added reduces the chance of finding other guns. I'd rather not add one that's pretty much effectively identical to one we already have.

Cool gun but not the best thing to add in my opinion. It's a 7.62x39mm semi-auto rifle fed from a 10-round magazine, meaning that the only major difference is that you have to find the mag for the vz. 52/57. And the two weapons also look very similar, so there's really no niche to fill. I'd support it, but guns are supposed to be very rare in DayZ, and every one that is added reduces the chance of finding other guns. I'd rather not add one that's pretty much effectively identical to one we already have.

there not ment to be very rare just rare but they need to make sence aka you go into your first house and find a nambu type 100 SMG next to an m4a1 and a pack of grenades. Most guns in the game are pretty unique the vs 52/57 is just like a substitute for it.

We have the Sporter .22 but still I like BBBBBEANS