Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Helicrashes in .57

So I've been spending the night going over dozens of dozens of helicrashes. (US and Russians)

No SVD. No M4A1, No AK101.

I found M4 Carryhandle though. And the carryall backpack, AUG, suppressors, MP5K, PMJ/K. Tons of shoes (Must be fun for the ladies).

Yep, bring back M4. Been carrying atlas, acog and compsights only to find out they do not exist :(

• Like 1

You are the problem. Every single person who is server hopping all night across the static helicrashes are just vacuuming up all of the loot. I guess you're just not very good at server hopping if you can't seem to find anything decent.

Can't wait for dynamic events to return so that people can't just beeline to one location and get everything they want instantly. However, I usually only play on private hives, so server hopping isn't an issue there.

• Like 9

See, everyone? The OP is the reason we can't have nice things.

• Like 7

I have 3, yes 3 mags for the SVD. I have been looking for one ever since going as far as waiting near the helicrashes until server restarts and then zipping over there... I swear I still don't beat people to them. The only thing I can think of is they are in a truck waiting for the restarts then blitz them before anyone else can threaten them. I may have to camp one in LoS when a server restart is coming. I play on private servers so not a lot of hopping going on but I can't wait for those things to go dynamic again. 

I have 3, yes 3 mags for the SVD. I have been looking for one ever since going as far as waiting near the helicrashes until server restarts and then zipping over there... I swear I still don't beat people to them. The only thing I can think of is they are in a truck waiting for the restarts then blitz them before anyone else can threaten them. I may have to camp one in LoS when a server restart is coming. I play on private servers so not a lot of hopping going on but I can't wait for those things to go dynamic again. 

If you play on private servers, that is the way it's supposed to be. Not too many loots, as it gets divided amongst your private players. On the pubs, I've managed to get the SVD with 3 mags, a model 70 along with 2 hunting scopes, and I just dropped the kitted MP5 for a kitted AKM with 75rd drum. Also have a FNX with multiple mags just for giggles. My biggest issue is figuring out which mags to carry the most of. I can't see needing all 3 mags for the SVD, but it don't feel right to throw them away. I do like hopping though. After a restart, the tension level at the Heli crashes is intense. That is by far the most exciting part of my gameplay. 

• Like 1

I guess you're just not very good at server hopping if you can't seem to find anything decent.

You said what? I just told you I have AUG fully customized and a mosin, but M4s and AK101 do not exist. LOL man the amount of arrogance and ignorance in this post is over 9000

You said what? I just told you I have AUG fully customized and a mosin, but M4s and AK101 do not exist. LOL man the amount of arrogance and ignorance in this post is over 9000

I was more commenting on the fact that you were condoning server-hopping.

Apparently I missed the point of this thread, being that M4s and AK101s do not exist.

If I'm ignorant of anything it's my understand of how you could possibly enjoy playing a game for hours on end, in the exact same location, watching a countdown timer for the majority of time spent playing.

Must just be me.

Edited by tux

Must just be me.

Yep, it's you.

Telling a player of Dayz, who probably hops to support their playstyle, is like telling someone who plays basketball that they're cheating if they're over 7 feet tall, because it's not fair to everybody else.

There will always be a percentage of the population that do things the easiest way possible, it's the natural order of things.  It is inevitable that some players will server hop if it's possible.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.   And that's the other thing.  It's not even a game, it's a dev build!

The thing that really bothers me about this game, is the maggots that complain about server hopping on the forums, yet only play on private shards.  You play on private shards, you've found one of the available options to completely avoid server hopping, good for you.

Perhaps you should endorse serverhopping.  It has given birth to one of the most exhilarating emergent playstyles to date.  Sniping server hoppers at heli crashes.

Anti-server hopping is really just the result of a very vocal minority, I bet.

And finally, if the devs were so against server hopping, why have they not just removed loot entirely from crashes.  Why do they make the best weapons and put them at static crashes, knowing full well server hopping is the natural result?  Because the server hopping playstyle is like a beloved child.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

-snip-

The devs put the "best weapons" (which, in and of itself, is arguable) at heli crashes because they aren't supposed to be static. There are only supposed to be 3 or so heli crashes over, what, 40 or so possible spawn points? AKA, entirely random.

The reason why the heli crashes are static, like so many other things in this Alpha, is because something got screwed up in the latest patch. Not because the devs like to coddle server-hoppers. In fact, many of the developers express outright scorn at server hoppers, and one of the reasons they don't do more to prevent it (they did, with longer "spawn-in" timers" in earlier builds) is because what they could do would have negative impacts on "legitimate players".

• Like 5

I was more commenting on the fact that you were condoning server-hopping.

Apparently I missed the point of this thread, being that M4s and AK101s do not exist.

If I'm ignorant of anything it's my understand of how you could possibly enjoy playing a game for hours on end, in the exact same location, watching a countdown timer for the majority of time spent playing.

Must just be me.

DayZ is enjoyable in so many ways. Some enjoy killing, some enjoy player interaction. Some enjoy travelling and some enjoy looting.

I am a looting guy. I love looting. I love getting excited when I find a Mosin just as I spawn or a prestine hunter scope in a hunting shack. Gives me my satisfaction. Personally, I when I loot all the crashsites for weapons, I usually die in Electro by a guy with a shotgun. I don't even care! I just take a truck from Msta and drive back to the crashsites. That's my satisfaction and if you call me an idiot who ruins DayZ then I think you might actually be an ignorant a-hole who thinks he knows everything better than everyone.

The devs put the "best weapons" (which, in and of itself, is arguable) at heli crashes because they aren't supposed to be static. There are only supposed to be 3 or so heli crashes over, what, 40 or so possible spawn points? AKA, entirely random.

The reason why the heli crashes are static, like so many other things in this Alpha, is because something got screwed up in the latest patch. Not because the devs like to coddle server-hoppers. In fact, many of the developers express outright scorn at server hoppers, and one of the reasons they don't do more to prevent it (they did, with longer "spawn-in" timers" in earlier builds) is because what they could do would have negative impacts on "legitimate players".

Server hopping is something you can limit but there are no rules against it. Infact there are no rules against bug exploits at all. Last time I checked I haven't seen a Battleye ban on someone for climbing ladders in fire-station through the wall of the 2nd floor in the tower.

M4s and AK101s did spawn in the beginning of .57, but now they are lost in Oblivion. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you want to post a controversial "play-style" in a public forum, don't be surprised if people voice their own opinions. Put them in your twitter posts or personal blog posts, and I'll be sure to avoid following you.

And yes, Whyherro123 is correct. The devs have not only been vocal about server hopping being an unwanted exploit, but they have also put in mechanics to prevent such exploits, without negatively impacting the legitimate players out there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you want to post a controversial "play-style" in a public forum, don't be surprised if people voice their own opinions. Put them in your twitter posts or personal blog posts, and I'll be sure to avoid following you.

And yes, Whyherro123 is correct. The devs have not only been vocal about server hopping being an unwanted exploit, but they have also put in mechanics to prevent such exploits, without negatively impacting the legitimate players out there.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen these mechanics you speak of. In fact, they have removed mechanics to make it easier. I almost suspect that while the dev's may publicly disdain the hoppers, a business decision has been made and overridden the negative feelings. We know that if PVP were eliminated in this game, the game itself would die. Having mechanics to allow for fairly quick gear-ups for PVP keeps the dollars rolling. I don't truly think it's this bad, but there is probably more evidence to support my thoughts than vice-versa.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen these mechanics you speak of. In fact, they have removed mechanics to make it easier. I almost suspect that while the dev's may publicly disdain the hoppers, a business decision has been made and overridden the negative feelings. We know that if PVP were eliminated in this game, the game itself would die. Having mechanics to allow for fairly quick gear-ups for PVP keeps the dollars rolling. I don't truly think it's this bad, but there is probably more evidence to support my thoughts than vice-versa.

You're mistaken on a couple fronts:

First of all, how were the mechanics removed to make server hopping easier? There's still a timer between switching servers. They may have reduced the timer a bit, but honestly, anyone who can sit and play for a 3 hour session can sit for 300 seconds and wait to switch servers.

Next, how would they "eliminate" PVP? Other than providing a single-player option, this game at it's core encourages grouping up and interacting with other people. Until the game stops you from injuring other players (which will never happen), there will always be people going out to kill other players (PVP).

The fact that it's easier to gear up and start killing other people isn't because the devs are selling out and making DayZ just like any other first person shooter game, it's because they need to saturate the world with many different items so they can test various parts of the game. Try playing the experimental patch and tell me how easy it is to get fully geared now that gate house porches aren't spawning a bounty of loot every 4 hours. 

Finally, "PVP keeps the dollars rolling" doesn't make any sense. You think more people are buying the game because they've been following development for years now, and all of the sudden they are buying a copy just because it's easier to gear up? This game is heading to be an unforgiving survival game, no matter how many people go crazy over how easy it is to get fully geared in one place. 

Edited by tux
  • Like 1

You're mistaken on a couple fronts:

First of all, how were the mechanics removed to make server hopping easier? There's still a timer between switching servers. They may have reduced the timer a bit, but honestly, anyone who can sit and play for a 3 hour session can sit for 300 seconds and wait to switch servers.

Next, how would they "eliminate" PVP? Other than providing a single-player option, this game at it's core encourages grouping up and interacting with other people. Until the game stops you from injuring other players (which will never happen), there will always be people going out to kill other players (PVP).

The fact that it's easier to gear up and start killing other people isn't because the devs are selling out and making DayZ just like any other first person shooter game, it's because they need to saturate the world with many different items so they can test various parts of the game. Try playing the experimental patch and tell me how easy it is to get fully geared now that gate house porches aren't spawning a bounty of loot every 4 hours. 

Finally, "PVP keeps the dollars rolling" doesn't make any sense. You think more people are buying the game because they've been following development for years now, and all of the sudden they are buying a copy just because it's easier to gear up? This game is heading to be an unforgiving survival game, no matter how many people go crazy over how easy it is to get fully geared in one place. 

You should get out of the pineapple you are living in, spongebob - because DayZ has always been about PVP. Only the fact that DayZ is based on RV engine makes it a shooter game. PvP is not bad at all, and if you sir 'hardcore player' who can survive the mighty exp. patches can't handle the 'PvP' element of dayz - you are contradicting your own posts.

DayZ is a concept of adding roleplay features into a shooter game. This concept exists and in some projects it is actually VERY successful. ArmA is the base of DayZ, which has a climate and reputation of a great war game and so is the Engine of the game adds alot to it.

In anyway, DayZ is a PvP game. Accept it or not but the whole player interaction thing is a socially accepted term that was never supposed to exist. Believe it or not but in another universe there would be players complaining about player interaction and how it ruins their PvP gameplay (see - forums.bistudio.com). Don't get me wrong, I am not picking any side here nor contradicting my own posts - PvP and Player Interaction are 2 great things that, specifically in the environment of DayZ (and not vanilla ArmA), mixes great together. The problem is how the standalone is currently unbalanced but this is a subject that will certainly change in the future.

Now if you're still confused about the last paragraphs here, the point is - you are part of both worlds. One tends to PvP while the other tends to player interactions but without eachother these things would be boring as hell. I love .57 patch to be honest, it's one of the greatest fucking updates in a while. This update finally involves some kind of "player equality", where players who join their server earlier than others don't get a super big advantage over others. The fact that different kinds of loot only spawns at specific buildings in big stacks is amazing. The loot simply stays there and every player can take what they need. Every player has their own chance of being unique instead of looting buildings hours when there are a few dudes already hanging around with their Mosins and AUGs that they found in the first buildings they entered after spawning.

This is, my friend - the best experience you could have. Ofcourse you'll think about how 'there is no reason for player interaction to happen when everyone has their shit' but this is some stinky brown bullshit because if you don't want PvP you simply go north inland and avoid the PvP on the coast. I don't see a reason for everyone to cry if everyone has SKSes and AKs. I see a reason for everyone to cry when there are 10 players with SKSes and AKes and 30 players with axes.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

The server hopping becomes part of DayZ at this point. I mean before .57 it was all about heading to buildings after restart. It was basically like ArmA 3 Battle Royale except that people can join mid-games which gives them a HUGE disadvantage because they already missed all the good buildings players are parachuting to.

At some point, you realize you NEED gear to survive but everyone took everything. So you go on an unpopulated server to get gear. Once you get gear, you realize you have no reason to stay at the unpopulated server because after you get gear - it's all about either shooting players or talking to them so you switch back to the populated server... Server hopping is a simple result of unbalanced economy. Don't judge me by my knowledge because I have no idea what CLE means - I'm speaking out of gameplay only.

The reason DayZ mod was successful because there was no unbalanced loot system. Loot would respawn so you can have a fair start like everyone else. Epoch and Origins were even more successful simply because they were luring players to do PvE related goals (basebuilding, etc..) and not PvP goals and I'm not even mad, infact that's amazing. (Keep in mind that once DayZ supports mods and addons and server modding. DayZ SA Mods will appear with it.)

M4s and AK101s did spawn in the beginning of .57, but now they are lost in Oblivion. 

I'll bet that those who found them just logged out to keep them safe.  Proof that CLE is working, or maybe not working?

I did notice that after I stopped seeing 101 mags and other "leet loot" at the helicrashes, I quickly became very bored of camping the treeline with a Model 70, big jug of water, and a flaregun.  For my playstyle, we need more chopper-hoppers; I find it to be the most morally justifiable means of target practice.

I've found both an M4 and an AK101 in .57 on a private hive. I just didn't pick them up, opting only for an AUG. It is only the SVD I haven't found, though I've found magazines at crashed Humvees. Haven't found an AKM either, but killed for one. >:)

You should get out of the pineapple you are living in, spongebob - because DayZ has always been about PVP. Only the fact that DayZ is based on RV engine makes it a shooter game. PvP is not bad at all, and if you sir 'hardcore player' who can survive the mighty exp. patches can't handle the 'PvP' element of dayz - you are contradicting your own posts.

DayZ is a concept of adding roleplay features into a shooter game. This concept exists and in some projects it is actually VERY successful. ArmA is the base of DayZ, which has a climate and reputation of a great war game and so is the Engine of the game adds alot to it.

In anyway, DayZ is a PvP game. Accept it or not but the whole player interaction thing is a socially accepted term that was never supposed to exist. Believe it or not but in another universe there would be players complaining about player interaction and how it ruins their PvP gameplay (see - forums.bistudio.com). Don't get me wrong, I am not picking any side here nor contradicting my own posts - PvP and Player Interaction are 2 great things that, specifically in the environment of DayZ (and not vanilla ArmA), mixes great together. The problem is how the standalone is currently unbalanced but this is a subject that will certainly change in the future.

Now if you're still confused about the last paragraphs here, the point is - you are part of both worlds. One tends to PvP while the other tends to player interactions but without eachother these things would be boring as hell. I love .57 patch to be honest, it's one of the greatest fucking updates in a while. This update finally involves some kind of "player equality", where players who join their server earlier than others don't get a super big advantage over others. The fact that different kinds of loot only spawns at specific buildings in big stacks is amazing. The loot simply stays there and every player can take what they need. Every player has their own chance of being unique instead of looting buildings hours when there are a few dudes already hanging around with their Mosins and AUGs that they found in the first buildings they entered after spawning.

This is, my friend - the best experience you could have. Ofcourse you'll think about how 'there is no reason for player interaction to happen when everyone has their shit' but this is some stinky brown bullshit because if you don't want PvP you simply go north inland and avoid the PvP on the coast. I don't see a reason for everyone to cry if everyone has SKSes and AKs. I see a reason for everyone to cry when there are 10 players with SKSes and AKes and 30 players with axes.

Man it's starting to look like you aren't even reading my posts, and that you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm done trying to read your poorly written posts and arguing with someone who doesn't understand where the development of this game is going. As far as I'm concerned this thread should be closed.

Man it's starting to look like you aren't even reading my posts, and that you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm done trying to read your poorly written posts and arguing with someone who doesn't understand where the development of this game is going. As far as I'm concerned this thread should be closed.

Yes you either make a point or you post a useless 2 lines whine. If you would actually read what I wrote you'd see I wasn't talking about the development. I was talking infact about how unbalaced DayZ and especially the Exp is. As far as Im concerned you should be warned for spamming because your post is useless.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

I keep finding Kvass at heli crashes.  What are the devs putting in these cans?  Are they spiking them?  Is that why helicopters are crashing all over the place?

• Like 1

I'll bet that those who found them just logged out to keep them safe.  Proof that CLE is working, or maybe not working?

I did notice that after I stopped seeing 101 mags and other "leet loot" at the helicrashes, I quickly became very bored of camping the treeline with a Model 70, big jug of water, and a flaregun.  For my playstyle, we need more chopper-hoppers; I find it to be the most morally justifiable means of target practice.

LOL Yea. xD I used to have an AK101 with no magazine in the beginning but I died from walking off a tower. >.<

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Blatantly wrong. Dayz, as a concept, according to the creator of DayZ, Dean Hall, was a SURVIVAL GAME that included other players adding an element of not knowing what they might do. They might trade with you or they might try and rob you. It was based off of survival training he went through being dropped in the woods with a small amount of supplies and tools and needing to survive in that area while there were others going through the same program in the the same area. He talks about the paranoia of not knowing if someone else might steal your limited supplies while you slept or what might happen.

In anyway, DayZ is a PvP game. Accept it or not but the whole player interaction thing is a socially accepted term that was never supposed to exist.

Again I point at Dean Hall's experiences and concept behind the game which is the opposite of what you just suggested it was. DayZ was an experiment in player interactions created by putting us into a survival situation together.

Maybe before you start explaining to others what the concept of the game is you should actually investigate as to what the concept was.

At some point, you realize you NEED gear to survive but everyone took everything.

There is no way they took all the stones from the beach which is probably your most important survival tool in DayZ.

The reason DayZ mod was successful because there was no unbalanced loot system.

WHAT?

giphy.gif

So you could pick up a shotgun or Enfield in multiple places and  you might even find a pistol or two, but all the "good guns" spawned in a few locations which were easily camped, the few firestations and the few barracks. Loot was concentrated. What happened then is a large group of players could lock down the airfield from any challengers other than another large group and cycle the loot over and over and over again until they were stockpiled on guns and ammo they wanted. They could do this with armed helicopters and vehicles that a shotgun and Enfield had next to no chance to hurt. 

Don't let nostalgia kid you into thinking the loot spawns in the Mod were better. 

On top of that Server Hopping was a norm in the Mod which is why your supposition that server hopping is prevalent in the SA because of the different loot system is ridiculous. Same thing happened in the Mod.

• Like 3

-snip-

Thanks for taking care of this. I am growing tired of trying to reply without getting frustrated.

Some people just don't want to hear the truth and will avoid seeing both sides of an argument at all costs.

:beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: