Sign in to follow this  
☣BioHaze☣

Ladder slide mechanic fleshed out.

I used the ladder slide in experimental 0.58 yesterday in an effort to try to avoid an infected which had aggro'd to the bottom of the ladder.

I ended up getting the sprain indicator (no blood lose or limping) and avoided the infected completely.

wW2iUuH.jpg

This got me thinking about advanced mechanics tied to this feature.

If you ladder slide onto infected they should be staggered when you collide with them but only occasionally do any actual damage to them and the damage would be related to fall distance/force.

The infected would also serve to break your fall slightly decreasing your chance for sprain or broken limbs.

This would make the ladder slide something one might consider when they have infected grouped around or (in the future) climbing a ladder.

Players would be stunned by this impact similarly and maybe even have a chance to knock them out when landing on them.

Thoughts, feelings, cookie recipes?

• Like 2

I could get behind this. Although, I feel like the devs would have to finish implimenting the new character models they are currently working on. I dont know if this would be possible with the new system, but, it could be.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges shou

• 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

• 2 teaspoons baking soda

2 cups butter, softened

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

• 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix

• 4 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups chopped walnuts

• Like 2

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
  • In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  • Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges shou

• 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

• 2 teaspoons baking soda

• 2 cups butter, softened

• 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

• 1/2 cup white sugar

• 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix

• 4 eggs

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

• 2 cups chopped walnuts

Technically not off-topic...lol

On topic, I would like to see this too. General physics/collision-based damage and staggering (running full force into a wall or another player should hurt) would be nice.