lt dan

Female skins?

Why don't you take some skins from other mods and use in vanilla? There are hundreds to chose from and we only get survivor and a hooded survivor for bandit.

Female hero looks no different, but the picture in the journal changes without the character changing. There is soooo many awesome skins for females in arma 2 this doesn't make sense why vanilla is so far behind.

Why don't you take some skins from other mods and use in vanilla? There are hundreds to chose from and we only get survivor and a hooded survivor for bandit.

We can't just take someone else's work and slap in our mod. Unlike "all the other mods" we've got some kind of ethos left and don't just steal other people's work.

This means we would have to ask for permission and have a license granted to use it - which is a lengthy progress.

we need more dead or alive skins. whats the point of playing a video game without a raging hard-on. 

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayzskinsI think any of these guys would be honored for to make a skin for the DayZ mod!

Those are faces you can apply to your character. Any player can do that, as long as the server admin of that specific server allows that.

Skins are way more compley than those faces, however.

we need more dead or alive skins. whats the point of playing a video game without a raging hard-on. 

RV engine can't support those physics.

• Like 1

We can't just take someone else's work and slap in our mod. Unlike "all the other mods" we've got some kind of ethos left and don't just steal other people's work.

This means we would have to ask for permission and have a license granted to use it - which is a lengthy progress.

I am completely unaware of the legalities involved here, but I thought that the majority of skins in use were already default ArmA II skins (the ones for male players, that is). If this is the case, shouldn't it be a simple matter to petition BIS for permission to use the female skins as well?

I mean, I thought Bohemia has warmed up rather comfortably to the idea of DayZMod, or is this not the case?