kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I just had two items, both that were on my back, just disappear.  Lost a shot gun and an axe, no idea how.  Axe was stuck in hand so I grabbed the shotty using the hot bar then that got stuck.  I logged out and back in and both were "disappeared".

• Like 1

Logged in for a few, see a bunch of clan junkies on my lawn, really? Get the hell off my lawn! Hopefully not much longer to squash the last few bugs and get this moved to stable, though we really do need a few more infected, seriously.  Also, saw that Hicks made in back it one piece from rtx, always nice to get back home.  Said we should have the audio soon from the show.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

So...were any bugs actually fixed with this latest update? Seems to me we are looking at another exp update before 58 get pushed to stable?

I don't know what to think re releasing. I've a lot of sympathy for the devs. They are dealing with legacy code and every time they try to fix one specific issue they end up breaking completely unrelated stuff.  I'd release the previous exp to stable. Yep the gun glitch stuff is annoying but having your gun just disappear is worse. It's still a million times better than .57.

I think that along with a status report that honestly tells it as it is and people will be on-board.

.57 is a joke - I've played maybe 10 hours in the last week and compared to it .58 is amazing. The put away the gun thing shouldn't be in .58 - don't even try solve that yet. Leave the stupid gun glitch thing. That was always supposed to be dealt with in .59

Edited by freethink

Logged in for a few, see a bunch of clan junkies on my lawn, really? Get the hell off my lawn! Hopefully not much longer to squash the last few bugs and get this moved to stable, though we really do need a few more infected, seriously.  Also, saw that Hicks made in back it one piece from rtx, always nice to get back home.  Said we should have the audio soon from the show.

They had me on edge so I went somewhere that I thought was out of the way and still saw signs of other players.

If you see a guy in green or brown with a cowboy hat running around with complete disregard that'd be me chasing deer or something.

Edited by BCBasher

Did they remove half the servers again or are they just down for some reason.  For example this weekend there were four SE servers, now I can only find a single one but there are four SC ones?  Something is wacky here..

Did they remove half the servers again or are they just down for some reason.  For example this weekend there were four SE servers, now I can only find a single one but there are four SC ones?  Something is wacky here..

Yes, they cut the number to increase populations and test load I'd assume. Not sure if it's just me but I personally only get the hand and picking up glitches on higher pop servers which is on the agenda for fixes right now.

Yes, they cut the number to increase populations and test load I'd assume. Not sure if it's just me but I personally only get the hand and picking up glitches on higher pop servers which is on the agenda for fixes right now.

Unless the glitches are desync related, limiting the number of possible testers will not yield better results.  Hopefully this gets pushed out tomorrow, then I can actually play with friends without having to fight for slots upon a handful of servers.  .57 has been one of the worst patches I can remember...

Unless the glitches are desync related, limiting the number of possible testers will not yield better results.  Hopefully this gets pushed out tomorrow, then I can actually play with friends without having to fight for slots upon a handful of servers.  .57 has been one of the worst patches I can remember...

Forced population is probably necessary for this one but I'm hating the limited servers because it's hard to test anything crafting related with the cawadooty kids running around. I could honestly care less about the hand/picking up bugs and double carrying bugs because they don't affect my play style but I'm in the minority.  

• Like 1

I started fresh today after quite a long absence. 

Ok, I came to ask about the gun glitch, but I see I am not the only one. It happened half a dozen times with me and I was carrying shottie on my back and mosin in my hands. I was able to backtrack and pick the rifle up again, except for the last time, when I was in a forest at night and didn't realize I'd dropped the Mosin. 

Another glitch concerned duping. I sawed off a chambered Mosin (how come I can load 7 bullets now? wasn't it 3 without a magazine?) and it duplicated one right next to it. I sawed it off while it was on the ground and then there were 2. One regular, one sawed off. 

Another problem was with my waterbottle. Shops seem to spawn lots of water bottles, so instead of going to wells, I just poured from other cantines into mine. However, at one point my canteen became invisible, but it still took up the two item slots, so it was there. When I logged off, instead of holding my rifle, I hold the canteen - as if it is a gun. Looks funny :)

The Hotkeys seem to be still a bit messy, as I could not drag some melee weapons on them (axe, hatchet), whilst carrying 2 rifles. It seemed to work fine for a while, then it didn't work at all. Despite the thumbnails still showing my hatchet and axe, they were actually gone from my inventory.

I also could not cut the burlap sap. I tried with axe and kitchen knife - no luck. I could cut up T-shirts into rags though.

What annoys me a bit is that I'm still sometimes standing up when I drink. I can't figure out why this happens, because the second time I drink, I always stay crouched. It's not ideal when you are hiding in a bush, observing three guys passing by ;)

The loot distribution in this patch is much improved. Except for deerstands, which seem to spawn some identical items (binoculars, hunter pants), but overall very nice! I noticed a shotgun pop up right  in front of me when I picked up a jacket from  a wooden house. It spawned new there, might have been a coincidence. It took me only 15 minutes to find buckshot, 30 minutes to find a mosin, which I already had 7 bullets for. I also saw a receiver (some ammo for it a little later), a crossbow (found 2 bolts but no quiver), a Magnum and lots and lots of CR75 in the police stations. I have some magazines for it too. Also found a RAK and MP-5s at police cars near the coast. Of course I left most of it, because I couldn't find a bigger backpack.

I saw 3 trucks in 3 hours of playtime, but found only a gas canister and a tire repair kit, which I placed in the trucks for the next guy with more luck. I saw a fridge outside of  a construction site, Saw/found no animals or zombies, despite looking hard for them. 

The pacing was about right. It didn't take too long to find food or drink and I appreciate that there is not too much ammo, but just enough to make you consider preserving it during an encounter. I met some equipped, yet friendly guys today, which was kinda new to me.

I had zero crashes, but an odd amount of lag whenever I got close to a player. That was like alarm bells went off ringing. Too easy. I'm not sure if it has to do with my ping, because all the DE servers were full, so I went Eastcoast US. On the whole: not a bad day! However, I could not find spark plugs or a battery at all. Are they that rare?

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

*snip*I had zero crashes, but an odd amount of lag whenever I got close to a player. That was like alarm bells went off ringing. *snip

So I'm not the only one?

Read that's why we cant see our pings anymore.

• Like 1

Read that's why we cant see our pings anymore.

Wow I never thought that this was the reason behind removing visibility of ping / bandwidth / desync. Good call.

• Like 1

Wow I never thought that this was the reason behind removing visibility of ping / bandwidth / desync. Good call.

Just recall reading it from another poster here but it seemed legit.

I don't like the stutter I get currently although I just go with it as "instinct" and if there's 2 or more clan guys on the server when it happens I go to ground for awhile. 

Edited by BCBasher

Had a good session with GaryWalnuts we went along the coast looking for netting and found maybe 5 or 6 boats with loot in them  B) we also found a red and white fridge container that seems to appear in the same spot on every server we tried to carry it in our hands and put it in our inventory and put it in the vs3 but you can only drag it around it doesn't go in any inventorys it seems. Then after looting boats we head to msta and find a car then gary logs out while i only manage to drive to staroye i hid the vs3 to stop by the well only to get shot in the back of my head while im drinking  <_< I got an electro spawn and the first thing i hear is gunshots then some fresh spawn comes to me and i ask him what the flying fuck is going on he tells me that there some geared guys shooting fresh spawns so im like fuck this shit and i get my ass out of electro i manage to get back to staroye and i find whats left of my body which is some bones so the bastard ate my body and took all my shit hopefully he got sick and died from eating my flesh  :P and surprisingly he didn't take the truck so i hid it and logged out this is way too much excitement for me.  :wacko:  

qcOweBi.jpg
IUWPGKZ.jpg

Loots And Boats!
YWTp59m.jpg

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 6

Last night I found a box of mosin/svd ammo and I couldn't pick it up. I tried all my moves all around it, prone, crouch, twist and shout and nothing and yes, I was not leaving without that ammo. I turned around and saw a can of food about 2 feet away under a chair and I grabbed that and ate it and turned back around and tried one more time before I was ready to scream and it plopped into my inventory. Possible the can of food was somehow blocking it 2 feet away or somehow tied to blocking it from being picked up. PS go to suggestions and check out my latest idea. :-D

So to sum up, can't pick something up, try moving other stuff around the area. Stuff stuck in your hands or hands bugged, hit F2  a couple times to clear it.

• Like 4

Then after looting boats we head to msta and find a car then gary logs out while i only manage to drive to staroye i hid the vs3 to stop by the well only to get shot in the back of my head while im drinking  

ahhh man...  :o

Well I've got those 4 netting if you still want to make a wookie  B)

ahhh man...  :o

Well I've got those 4 netting if you still want to make a wookie  B)

I'm usually happy when I get a gun wrap for weapons I can't paint military green.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

I'm usually happy when I get a gun wrap for weapons I can't paint military green.  ^_^

We took the advice of an earlier post (I forget who) and looked for non-static boats / boats where they normally aren't... it was good advice.

We ran the coastline from Berezhki to Kamyshovo and found about 6 boats with loot, and we managed to gather 8 netting!

Oddly, I don't think we saw one player along the whole eastern coast.

• Like 1

I ended up at the lone grocery store at the near the end of the southern highway and found a spare backpack inside so I tried to "loot cycle" the area seeing as how there's only a few spawn points and they're isolated. I emptied the grocery store and gas station kiosk into a taloon and improvised backpack hidden in the bushes near the deer hut and logged for an hour. I returned and my backpacks, and a p1 were still present but all my discarded clothing was gone and a portion of the grocery store loot had been replaced, food, hat, ammo so I scooped it again and stashed it. There wasn't enough food and I'd overstretched myself so I popped over Kamenka and saw a nato heli wreck, it seemed picked over, just some boots, tactical shirts, a flaregun, and a plate carrier did a quick in and out of a few houses for food and headed back. The grocery store was empty went to the deer hut and logged out again. An hour or so later I logged back in and in the deer hut was a piece of wire, only a steak knife at the grocery store and all my stashed or discarded stuff was gone. The heli has also despawned. 

we also found a red and white fridge container that seems to appear in the same spot on every server we tried to carry it in our hands and put it in our inventory and put it in the vs3 but you can only drag it around it doesn't go in any inventorys it seems. 

I found that too,behind the "factory" (construction site) between Orlovets and Polana. I too wondered what to do with it. It seems like it's at least 12 slots tall and 4 or 5 wide (I forgot). Can we even run them or use them for anything at this point? What do you mean by "dragging it around"? I also found a barrel on the back of a pick up truck wreck. Since I was double carrying and didn't think persistence is working, I didn't even try to move it and just dumped some loot in there. But it is possible to take it into your hands and move it around? I yet have to try all that out.  

I found that too,behind the "factory" (construction site) between Orlovets and Polana. I too wondered what to do with it. It seems like it's at least 12 slots tall and 4 or 5 wide (I forgot). Can we even run them or use them for anything at this point? What do you mean by "dragging it around"? I also found a barrel on the back of a pick up truck wreck. Since I was double carrying and didn't think persistence is working, I didn't even try to move it and just dumped some loot in there. But it is possible to take it into your hands and move it around? I yet have to try all that out.

Yes, you can Cary the barrel in hands and use it for storage. It's also a part of more in depth crafting mechanics but only partially working last time I checked.

Found an M4 and an AK101 in officers' barracks.

Are you talking about the rounded tin ones, because I can confirm finding other kinds of Heli-crash loot in those. I've found USMC pants, Stanags and just found a UMP in one just before.

Stuff..., The heli has also despawned. 

From what I have seen the heli crashes are de, and re spawning during the 12 hour uptime, don't know if anyone had noted that before in the thread.

Edited by Tappa

this game is pointless without zombies.  If you want some lame peer vs peer only go do call of duty.  Bring back the zombies

*snip* From what I have seen the heli crashes are de, and re spawning during the 12 hour uptime, don't know if anyone had noted that before in the thread.

Yes it's been mentioned, I also believe someone mentioned loosing something stashed near one. The reason I mentioned it is it may or may not have triggered an unintentional cleanup of a larger area than just it's own loot.

It's not a game just yet, but rather a developmental placeholder which you had to agree to the terms before accessing.  Not sure why people continue to whine about that fact.  Oh shit, sorry, you didn't actually read the terms before clicking "I Understand", did you? Typical. 

this game is pointless without zombies.  If you want some lame peer vs peer only go do call of duty.  Bring back the zombies