Rucki

Namalsk and Mods

Really, i would love to play the game like it is, but on Namalsk Map, i even would give extra money for that.

I saw a Screenshot from the devs playing on namalsk here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221751-status-report-3-mar-15/

So im asking myselfe, why isnt it possible to release that map for us ? It does not must be perfect, just enough to play.

I just dont get the point. It is like with that car VS3, we waited a half century to get that released, because devs stated it must be perfect, and now when we have it, its just an normal car, nothing better like the cars from Arma2, nothing special. I would be better to have 10 different cars, like we had in Arma2 than 1 VS3 which tooked mega long time to develope.

Just give this game free for modding, whom will you hurt if you do it ?

Edited by Rucki
  • Like 1

I'm sure it's easier to build a game in a single controlled environment than to add additional variables like a whole new map. Stress tests, and being able to collect all the data from one place instead of multiple maps, probably.

The same sort of thing happened during the last experimental release. They eliminated the 1pp servers temporarily, probably to examine what was happening,with better understanding.

I think I heard Sumrak is working with dayz devs on Namalsk for standalone.

• Like 2

I enjoy the Esseker map to be honest even though it's not finished. 

I hate it when people know jack shit of something.

First of all, they needed to design a (new) driving mechanism.

Yes ok, Wow. And ? Is it better, than what we had in the Original Dayz ? They really had to do it ? I dont believe because i saw enough video about 1 year ago where some modders simply ported the Cars from Arma 2 and even from Arma 3 to Dayz SA

And the driving mechanism is further on very simple, nothing special.

I'd love to see NAPF in SA.

About 2 and a half years ago I saw some video of this one guy who had this mod or something and in this game there were monkeys simply ported in from a donkey kong game and the monkeys were throwing poop at people and people were getting sick and tired and infected and it's really simple so what I want to know is why we can't we throw poop at people and infect the infected on a new map. It's simple.

/aneurysm

Edited by Parazight

When mods come for Standalone I hope we can get Namalsk. There is Namalsk Epoch for Arma 3 at least

Yes ok, Wow. And ? Is it better, than what we had in the Original Dayz ? They really had to do it ? I dont believe because i saw enough video about 1 year ago where some modders simply ported the Cars from Arma 2 and even from Arma 3 to Dayz SA

And the driving mechanism is further on very simple, nothing special.

If you prove to me that the driving and truck mechanism is ported from Arma 2 then I would like to see it. Otherwise I have reason to believe they made their own system.

If they already decided at that point that they we're leaving the RV engine then they wouldn't just port it over from Arma 2. They either port it from Arma 3 or make their own which is compatible with the Enfusion engine.

Edited by IMT

I just dont get the point. It is like with that car VS3, we waited a half century to get that released, because devs stated it must be perfect, and now when we have it, its just an normal car, nothing better like the cars from Arma2, nothing special. I would be better to have 10 different cars, like we had in Arma2 than 1 VS3 which tooked mega long time to develope.

There's a lot of differences between the vehicles in the SA and the mod.

1) they had to be redesigned because the character model is different, every animation for the character had to be redone.  there are videos of the mod cars in the sa and what happens?  the player sticks out of them because there's no animations to support it.  the player model would have even more clipping issues than it currently does if they simply used arma vehicles.

2) cars in the sa are modular where the mod wasn't.  doors/hoods open.  that might not seem like a big deal, but it adds a lot of immersion and it also offers a lot more possibilities.  we've been told we're going to be able to change out the doors/hood/other parts of vehicles in the future.  armoring vehicles, "mad maxing" stuff to an extent, actually getting visual representation of stuff like changing/fixing the engine.  this all adds to the simulation and opens up a lot of possibilities.

3) I don't know the full details of the physics of the vehicles in the mod/arma but they were replaced with something that will hopefully once again give better simulation/immersion/handling.  You can clearly tell the difference already.

It doesn't make all that much sense to open up modding to a game that isn't even finished yet.  Have some patience and you'll end up with something completely better.

Edited by Bororm

Would really love to see those bloodsuckers in with Standalone graphics. I know some ppl are against mutant infected however these enemies would add a whole new gameplay element as well as awareness you would have to be careful of when roaming the map considering they can go predator stealth.

• Like 1

Please read the small print...

"and have completed a basic analysis and test multiplayer session on Namalsk in DayZ."

err,,, whoever kicked off the flaming driving mechanism debate is way off topic.

Would really love to see those bloodsuckers in with Standalone graphics. I know some ppl are against mutant infected however these enemies would add a whole new gameplay element as well as awareness you would have to be careful of when roaming the map considering they can go predator stealth.

+1 

would love to see variety in infected. also would be an interesting way to make them dangerous without harming performance with massive amounts or making normal zombs obnoxious by having them harder to kill or faster then the player or other such nonsense.

• Like 1

+1 

would love to see variety in infected. also would be an interesting way to make them dangerous without harming performance with massive amounts or making normal zombs obnoxious by having them harder to kill or faster then the player or other such nonsense.

not to derail but i second this would be nice to see levels of infected as to make them more dangerous and unique maybe some of the more dangerous could infect you easily if your ill equipped with facial and body protection. it would add tense moments where you would have to shoot which would increase your heat as well as make you have to think fast and act rather than using same old strategies and formulas. also namalsk is awesome and if i remeber there was a status reprt where they talked about getting SA to work on namalsk testing mod capability i'll search for it and post when found.

Just give this game free for modding, whom will you hurt if you do it ?

Dude, read a roadmap or watch Hicks interview at PC Gaming Show at 2015 E3.  ;)

• Like 1