anteridy

Should guns spawn loaded?

Gun spawn  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which way of gun spawn do you prefer?

• Guns should spawn loaded (with mag and ammo, aka original DayZ mod)
    • Guns, mags and ammo should spawn idependently

On what planet do the Blaze and Double Barrel suck? They are insanely lethal doing high damage with a quick follow up. They will kill your ass in an instant, you just need to learn not to miss.

They're lethal but they require a lot of positioning to be effective against something like an akm with a drum mag, which was the point.

They're lethal but they require a lot of positioning to be effective against something like an akm with a drum mag, which was the point.

There only lethal in close combat unless some one gets lucky and finds a scope for one. If your playing from ranged this shouldn't be an issue. So i assume your getting caught in allot of close combat situations?

Instead of inciting a huge debate over which gun is more powerful or arguing over who's dick is bigger because he can kill a 12 year old equipped with an akm by using a blaze rifle, lets AGAIN, stick to the topic.

If it hasn't already been said (And I'm sure it has) if we take this as a real world survival situation. If anarchy breaks out here in the states, most people are going to be carrying their weapons out in the open. They're going to be loaded. That person Is going to have ammo on them. So ASSUMING that at least SOME of the population would have figured out that there was a freakin' disaster going on, they'd be grabbing their home defense weapons and keeping themselves armed to the teeth. So yeah, at least SOME weapons should spawn with magazines loaded, or a few rounds in the chamber. How many of you own a handgun but don't own a matching magazine? Doesn't make much sense does it?

DB shotgun 'sucks'?  :lol:

There's literally no other weapon in the game with more versatility. Unload 1 barrel or 2. Lethal to 50m which is where the majority of firefights take place. Grab 2x snap loaders for the quick reloads. Absolute monster inside buildings and then finally you can cut it down for a ridiculous side arm/holdout. I'll take a sawn-off over any other side arm in the game every single time. Makes clearing buildings a breeze. 

The only other gun in the game that comes close as a primary is the Blaze and that's due to it's punch and accuracy. Keep your AK's. 

On the topic at hand - yes I think weapons should spawn with all sorts of different configurations. It makes zero sense that every weapon on the map is stock standard and has no clip. Lets see some with full clips, empty clips, no clips, scopes, no scopes etc etc. 

Edited by Nicko2580

There's literally no other weapon in the game with more versatility. Unload 1 barrel or 2. Lethal to 50m which is where the majority of firefights take place. Grab 2x snap loaders for the quick reloads. Absolute monster inside buildings and then finally you can cut it down for a ridiculous side arm/holdout. I'll take a sawn-off over any other side arm in the game every single time. Makes clearing buildings a breeze. 

The only other gun in the game that comes close as a primary is the Blaze and that's due to it's punch and accuracy. Keep your AK's. 

On the topic at hand - yes I think weapons should spawn with all sorts of different configurations. It makes zero sense that every weapon on the map is stock standard and has no clip. Lets see some with full clips, empty clips, no clips, scopes, no scopes etc etc. 

Hate me if you want; but it's not a clip. Its a magazine!

And the shotguns are trash man. There's so many instances where I've been shot by one, or shot someone with DIRECT impact and they've somehow survived. They're seriously underpowered.

Though I admit I haven't used a shotgun this patch. If they received a buff then I agree with you on their use. So many firefights go down in close quarters.

Though I admit I haven't used a shotgun this patch. If they received a buff then I agree with you on their use. So many firefights go down in close quarters.

Just annihilated two people in quick succession the other day in Elektro. ~30 meter shots, center mass. I saw pellets hit all over the body, from the legs, to the torso, to the arms and head.

I was using the MP-133. Maybe it has higher velocity due to the longer barrel, and thusly, more powder burning? 

Just annihilated two people in quick succession the other day in Elektro. ~30 meter shots, center mass. I saw pellets hit all over the body, from the legs, to the torso, to the arms and head.

I was using the MP-133. Maybe it has higher velocity due to the longer barrel, and thusly, more powder burning? 

Im sure that even if some one were able to survive those hits they probably wouldn't last long without urgent medical care if they took that many pellets to vital parts of the body.

Hate me if you want; but it's not a clip. Its a magazine!

And the shotguns are trash man. There's so many instances where I've been shot by one, or shot someone with DIRECT impact and they've somehow survived. They're seriously underpowered.

Not meaning to be confrontational or rude, but you haven't got a direct impact. You've got a laggy impact that looks direct but probably only skinned them. That's not on you, that's on the alpha stage of this game as the hit detection is pretty off a lot of the time depending on the server and the person you're up against. Happens to the best of us.

Guaranteed if you hit someone who's not fully kitted with vests and items to absorb impact, with a direct torso shot at under 30m they're dead. No ifs, buts or maybes. Hit an arm or leg? It's broken. I've used the DB and the SKS almost exclusively since I started playing, and both are absolutely lethal. 

When you've been hit, if you haven't suffered a broken limb then they've just skinned you and they've likely only used 1 barrel. Even skinning someone with both barrels at once will cause some serious damage. 

That's not versatility.  It fulfills a single role, close quarters combat.  An assault rifle is versatile because it excels at both close and medium ranges, and is still functional at long range.  When other shells are introduced then it will potentially become versatile.

If you are sawing it off for a side arm, what are you using for a primary?  That you'd relegate it to a side arm means you don't find it functional enough to be a primary in whatever scenario you're using it for.

I used the double barrel near exclusively for months, both in the SA and the mod.  It was actually a lot better in the mod as it had longer range and was all but guaranteed to break bones.  It's one of the weapons that has had the most ups and downs in the SA in terms of bugs.  Overall, it's very effective but with the addition of the pump shotgun it has moved down a notch as far as shotguns are concerned.

In terms of extremely close quarters fighting, the shotguns are arguably the best weapons because you can take some one out with a single shot.  However, that's their only real role, and in the grand scheme that's extremely situational.  Even the best player misses, even point blank.  Having 2 shots is extremely limiting.

If you were to tier the weapons in the SA, the double barrel would most certainly be lower on the list than a lot of the other primaries.  As I said, I love using the double barrel and it seems you do too, but we're exceptions, if you watch anyone else or ask them they're going to be picking up that pump shotgun, or that winchestor with scope, or especially that assault rifle in a heartbeat instead.  And that's not just due to preference, they're "better" weapons.  No one's clamoring for double barrels.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

-snip-

Rephrase versatility to 'versatility in it's role'. 

I must admit I haven't had much experience with the pump shotgun, but due to my playstyle I'd be likely to take the DB firstly in any case. 

Personally I think that if you were to tier the weapons, the DB would be top of the close combat list and for me the close combat tier would be the only one I'd be looking at really. I do carry the SKS quite often as well because of the 10 rnd internal and the stopping power, but I'd rather take a shotgun into a city any day of the week.

I'll gladly carry a sawn-off and a long version of the gun as primary and secondary. It's extremely rare for my to engage at mid to long range and keeping both means my spots for snap loaders and ammo all work with both of my weapons, which saves me space that I'd normally be taking up with magazines and ammo boxes for multiple weapons.

At close range (I'm not 100% if this is implemented yet, but it apparently will be) those higher caliber weapons have too much penetrating power. If you have options, but you're still using an SKS or an AK to clear buildings, you're asking for trouble.

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily put the DB as the best for CQB, I think the MP5 with stock and Compensator might win, or better yet when it comes out the UMP. But it's hard to argue that having an instant close quarters death ray that takes up 4 slots to backup your Winchester is friggin badass.

Getting back on topic, I wouldn't agree with the threadstarter that the whole thing with finding magazines are a great bother or problem. Rather it gives a purpose to an otherwise quite eventless looting session. Also its not like theres no room to put magazines in your pack. Most players carry a shitload of stuff that they will most likely never use.

When I logged in today with a character I hadn't played since 0.57 was released I saw that he had 8 packs of Ak74 ammo. But no ak, no mag and one scope that doesnt fit on an ak.  Ofcourse I tossed all of it and an hour later I found an Ak :/

• Like 1

Sporter .22 is a very deadly middle ground weapon with a scope now to. With a bottle its ubber silent.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the bottle only suppress the sound of the first shot?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the bottle only suppress the sound of the first shot?

Nope, if you have a pristine bottle you can fire more than one shot before it pops.

Only with the .308s and Mosin. Other guns let you get a few shots off first.

On what planet do the Blaze and Double Barrel suck? They are insanely lethal doing high damage with a quick follow up. They will kill your ass in an instant, you just need to learn not to miss.

Right? I would argue that they have the highest "burst damage" of any weapons in game currently. An assault rifle can do more damage over the time it takes to dump it's entire clip, yes. But in the time it takes you to fire both shots, these weapons have incredible firepower.

..//..

had to make tough choice between shit rifle in hand with ammo and good rifle on the ground without one.

..//..

YEP - DayZ is about making tough choices, you got that right

xx

• Like 1

Im sure that even if some one were able to survive those hits they probably wouldn't last long without urgent medical care if they took that many pellets to vital parts of the body.

I seem to have a lot of luck with this. I've long since lost count of how many times in the Standalone I've been shot and should have died but didn't because I was able to get away and recover. Being brought within an inch of dying makes you terribly ineffective in a firefight though, so I've never been able to recover from wounds like that and still manage to kill my attackers (but I have also been saved by friends who were able to kill them).

Come to think of it, other than random glitches (running too fast down a hill) or character wipes, I haven't had a character die in months. What horrible tragedy will befall me soon?  :huh:  :|

Edited by Tatanko

There should be random chances of a gun spawning with a mag/attachment or just chambered or empty.. There should always be a slim possibility that the gun you find is fully modded and loaded but a lot more likely to have nothing extra on it and maybe have a half empty mag, a chambered round or just be completely empty.. 

• Like 1

it should be both. Not every gun it loaded in real life, and not every gun is empty. same for mags.

there has just been a zombie apocalypse ... bad scene.

So any guns at all in this country will be lying out in the streets with the dead, eaten, chewed up bodies of the people who grabbed those guns when the zombies showed.

Because of course every available gun will have been picked up as soon as word came the zombies are here. Would anyone in YOUR village/block/workplace/ leave a gun and ammo lying around ? Seriously ?

And every bullet will have been fired before that dude dropped his gun and let himself get eaten.

I don't know anyone who would NOT grab up a gun when the zombies arrived in their region, AND I don't know anyone who wouldn't fire off all the ammo before they got ate.

Wouldn't you fight to the last shot ?

So why else would a gun be around if it wasn't empty, next to a dead body ?

just wondering

Edited by pilgrim

there has just been a zombie apocalypse ... bad scene.

So any guns at all in this country will be lying out in the streets with the dead, eaten, chewed up bodies of the people who grabbed those guns when the zombies showed.

Because of course every available gun will have been picked up as soon as word came the zombies are here. Would anyone in YOUR village/block/workplace/ leave a gun and ammo lying around ? Seriously ?

And every bullet will have been fired before that dude dropped his gun and let himself get eaten.

I don't know anyone who would NOT grab up a gun when the zombies arrived in their region, AND I don't know anyone who wouldn't fire off all the ammo before they got ate.

Wouldn't you fight to the last shot ?

So why else would a gun be around if it wasn't empty, next to a dead body ?

just wondering

Are you serious? What utter nonsense you spew.

All guns would be lying in the street completely empty of ammo? When was the last apocalypse you survived in that involved people running into the streets chasing down "zombies"? By the way, they're not zombies, they're infected. And no they wouldn't be eating you, they would be infecting you. Get the facts straight.

"AND I don't know anyone who wouldn't fire off all the ammo before they got ate."

Why would you fire off all your ammo? Are we to assume the ONLY ammo you have is already in your gun. No one would ever have additional ammo? Chances are there would be spare ammo near the weapon. Which makes this whole idea of "rare" ammo stupid and unrealistic. The people I know who own weapons have spare ammo. 

Next time you survive an apocalypse, please stop by the forums and let us know how you did it. Until then, stop suggesting silly ideas based on unsupported logic. You're just making yourself look dumb. Then again, you do give us the opportunity to point and laugh at you. So, by all means, keep suggesting silly ideas based on a total lack of experience. It's fun to read!

Edited by BulletGarden

Are you serious? What utter nonsense you spew.

..///..

thanks mate - lovely to have a nice chat