Sign in to follow this  
kevo1414

Q&A

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Secondly, I'm suprised, nobody made Q&A topic. Or someone did? What's the point of this topic? Easy and simple. Ask anything about Dayz and you will get answer. There are million topic question about zombies, loot, guns etc.. This is normal, because the game updating constantly and some things work diferently then etc. six month ago.

So...My question. What persistance mean from 0.57 uptade? I put my tents on the ground with some guns in it. How long it will stay? I'm playing on private server, persistance ON. And persistance works also for vehicle?

Edited by kevo1414

Just so you get familiar with the Forum - the section you posted in is for general Questions and Answers. The way that DayZ works and is laid is that it's far too complex for anyone to understand all mechanics in a few hours, let alone a few hundred hours.

It would also normally not make sense to have a single topic to ask all the questions, like you're suggesting. It would just be far too cluttered with far too many different questions in a single topic.

That is why we've got an entire section ("New Player Discussion") dedicated to this.

There's also the Patch Discussion thread, where all new features and changes are discussed in one huge topic - usually a good idea to start reading there (not only for patchnotes).

• Like 4

So...My question. What persistance mean from 0.57 uptade? I put my tents on the ground with some guns in it. How long it will stay? I'm playing on private server, persistance ON. And persistance works also for vehicle?

To answer your specific question: from my experience so far in 0.57, some servers didn't switch persistence off, or properly setup loot respawning on restarts, maybe due to their server provider not giving them the option. Persistence off and loot respawn was expected for this patch, and now more servers are aligning to this expectation. 

Originally, the devs also said that vehicle persistence should be ON, but that has also proven to not be the case yet this patch, and all of the trucks spawn in the same spot on restart. 

The reason for persistence OFF and an abundance of loot was so that the devs could make sure the new CLE was spawning loot in the right places. With a ton of loot, the process testing can be done more quickly.

As for trucks, we should soon stop seeing ready-to-drive trucks spawning everywhere, and car parts should be showing up. By that time, I assume that vehicle persistence will be fully enabled (maybe after saturating the world with a ton of car parts for more testing). Hopefully we'll see vehicle inventories around that time too  :D

EDIT: The best way to keep up with all of the changes, aside from playing the experimental patch whenever it's available, is to read the latest stable patch discussion thread (or experimental discussion thread when available), just like kichilron mentioned. Everyone in the experimental discussion thread basically wrote the 0.57 changelog just by exchanging the experiences we had on the exp branch.

Edited by tux
  • Like 2