Sign in to follow this  
adriel0000

My dissatisfaction with the map of DayZ .

Aight, so here we go.

Added interior already indicates that they're not A2 Buildings anymore, but are part of SA and reworked for SA. Thus they're not A2 Buildings no more - not for a long stretch anyway.

You could say the same thing when going to Czech Republic / Russia. "Woah, all these look like A2 - totally lame!"

Whilst we're at that argument - you could say that same thing about Russia / Czech Republic in general - that it's bland. I would actually call it pretty accurate for that exact reason. That's how that general are looks like... I have benn there numerous times. Have you?

Every house would not be an exact carbon copy, though. You said the setting is pretty bland yourself... That's why I think we need a change. If there were signs of where battles took place, that would be awesome. All it looks like now is an empty town with a few signs of deterioratio.

To me i see Chernarus as this.

It was a military testing area in Russia. The government came in and built spec housing , factories, shops etc all the same cos that's what military and governments do ( i see the same all day around here ). All those factories shops, houses, farms were all Gov owned. Built to support the "secret " military objectives put in place by the over ruling Gov, nothing more. That is why everything is the same and small. ( if you drive through Pismo, all the houses on the east side of the highway on the hill are identical, same where i live )

Then something sinister happened in testing and they had to get out fast. Many made it, some of the foreign "workers" got out on a ship the "RIFY" but not far out the captain and most crew were infected and the ship floundered. Survivors jumped but many many either died on the ship or drowned, the rest washed a shore along the coast.

The outside world had lost contact with the Government run state and sent some help to find out what happened. The soldiers that had either been underground or not yet infected , with no radio to the outside world assumed they were being invaded and shot the choppers down and killed any help on the ground.

Now it's obvious there is no way out, the world has closed everything off, the infection is contained and they are not sure how or if it can be passed on, so if you are in there, that's where you will stay. Now its up to your self and others to make a niche in the place to be able to survive either from infected or other more hungry survivors.

Thats how i see it, the houses are small for a reason , every thing there is there for a reason, its not a built up city scape like all the other games, this is a one off.

Thats is the story i run in the game by

I do not understand you say, sorry for my low level of English, I'm Spanish and I use google translator xD

In what way does Chernarus not offer a good atmosphere? 'Elaborate' means provide further details/ more information etc.

WTF? I am a customer and a designer of video games and have a right to criticize because something called "Free of expression"

Nobody is curbing your right to freedom of expression, they're just disagreeing with you since you're demanding  that Chernarus be scrapped. You come across as entitled, which is further underlined by you exlaiming that you're a customer. Just because you bought the game it doesn't give you the right to dictate how the game should be developed, but you are free (encouraged, even) to give your opinion.

I'd love to see a new map - after Chernarus is finished of course. When modding becomes a thing I think we're going to see a lot of custom maps and I expect that we'll also see a lot of new custom buildings. So, so, so looking forward to that. Even if modding only includes new maps (though I'm certain it won't be so limited) the game will improve by leaps and bounds. The first couple of weeks of DayZ are the best because you can get lost. These days I have a hard time not knowing where I am, and not knowing exactly where to go to get the best loot. I miss having no idea where to go.

In fact I'd love it if somewhere down the line the devs held an official competition for the community to build a new map. Obviously it should run for several months since the maps would have to be vast, but  at the end of it the winning map (or maps) should be officially included in the game. Maybe there could be a cash prize or a something as well.

• Like 3

PLS! Change everything on the map. Chernarus is ridiculous for a zombie apocalypse.

The buildings are too small, the player stumbles upon all the furniture, walls, doors .

DayZ Super market:

When you enter, you will stumble upon all shelves, it is difficult to access the only door to the store and there is a very small building, You can loot in less than 30 seconds.

Others survival games super Market:

In this supermarket, you can run without tripping over the furniture, you can easily fight against zombies. It has two plants, It's big, dark and you spend much time exploring.

Houses, schools , hospitals ... Everything feels ridiculously small in DayZ and is very uncomfortable to play.

I could spend all day naming ridiculously small buildings in DayZ . But the message is clear . Many people think like me and many people stop playing DayZ for this reason.

Sorry, but the devs have already addressed this question. They will not be expanding the current map, nor will they be building additional maps. The good news is that you will be able to either build your own map, or support someone else's map project.

While I appreciate that you may not like the current map, it accurately depicts an actual location and its native buildings.

• Like 4

... I don't know what game you are playing, but the DayZ SA I play has a few customized buildings, while the rest are the same buildings with added interiors. It's bland, especially when you see the same exact copies in every town with no changes.

Lol, so much this.

"They added a new town this patch?"

"Well, they added a new combination of the exact same buildings, anyway..."

"Co...ol...?"

"DayZ is so much fun!"

• Like 2

In these cities, players can loot each building in less than 30 seconds.

Well, in the mod you could loot a building in 1 second. Check door step. :P

I can't drop a burlap sack with a can of food in it without it vanishing every restart , and this guy is worried about the size of a corner store.

Corner stores are UNDERPOWERED!!!! XO

Edited by Deathlove

The OP actually provides a solid point and almost every single other post has just been dismissing it in a entirely dickish sarcastic manner. 

Chill guys, holy shit this is embarrassing. 

Edited by Punisher5795
  • Like 1

The OP actually provides a solid point and almost every single other post has just been dismissing it in a entirely dickish sarcastic manner. 

Chill guys, holy shit this is embarrassing. 

Iv been saying buildings need variety to but ppl are to afraid of it looking like America or some bullshit like that.

#1 : PLS! Change everything on the map. 

#2:  Many people think like me and many people stop playing DayZ for this reason.

#1 : Not going to happen.

#2 : See  # 1